'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pat Forde on ND/MU game  (Read 2428 times)

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
Pat Forde on ND/MU game
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
"I'm interested in seeing the Catholic overachiever battle in Milwaukee between Notre Dame and Marquette. The Fighting Irish have rallied impressively after the loss of injured All-American Luke Harangody to win three straight -- two of them by double digits against ranked opponents, and the third against fellow bubble team Connecticut. Marquette, on the other hand, has won four straight in remarkable fashion of its own: three straight road overtime triumphs, followed by a 21-point rout of Louisville. One of these two teams will enter the Big East tournament as the league's hottest team."

Cracks me up actually.  I think we win and will be that "one of the league's hottest teams"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Pat Forde on ND/MU game
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
even if we lost, 9/11 is pretty smokin hot.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
"I'm interested in seeing the Catholic overachiever battle in Milwaukee between Notre Dame and Marquette. The Fighting Irish have rallied impressively after the loss of injured All-American Luke Harangody to win three straight -- two of them by double digits against ranked opponents, and the third against fellow bubble team Connecticut. Marquette, on the other hand, has won four straight in remarkable fashion of its own: three straight road overtime triumphs, followed by a 21-point rout of Louisville. One of these two teams will enter the Big East tournament as the league's hottest team."

Cracks me up actually.  I think we win and will be that "one of the league's hottest teams"

Actually he says that the winner of the game will be THE hottest team in the Big East entering the conference tournament. Have to agree.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »
Actually he says that the winner of the game will be THE hottest team in the Big East entering the conference tournament. Have to agree.
Yeah, but I'd disagree with it.  How much hotter can you be than Syracuse? 15 of the past 16 games being won, on their way to a number 1 seed in NCAA tourney.  I think we will be one of the hottest, not necessarily THE hottest, though if 'Cuse loses tomorrow to the Ville, then maybe we will be the hottest

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 05:25:06 PM »
even if we lost, 9/11 is pretty smokin hot.
I had to think through this one about 6 times before I figured out what you were going for.  :-\

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
hahahahhahahahahhahaha WOW.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
I had to think through this one about 6 times before I figured out what you were going for.  :-\

Same here... I thought I was reading a really morbid and insensitive comment. Ohhhh, MU has won 9 of its last 11 games  :o