Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WVU vs. UCONN  (Read 5988 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: WVU vs. UCONN
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Probably right, Chicos... but as of this morning UCONN has moved from Lunardi's FFO to LFO list.  MU still isn't on the FFO list, which implies that MU controls their own destiny from this point and isn't threatened by UCONN.

There should be no need for the committee to have to decide between UCONN and MU.  My guess is that the committee would rather have both of those teams in and drop a team the likes of OK State or St Mary's from the bracket. 

Think about it... you're the committee chair, being interviewed by CBS in Sunday night prime time (with interviews yet to be had with ESPN, SI, USA Today, etc.), and you're asked why you chose MU over UCONN or UCONN over MU.  There's absolutely no way to make that case (given the results so far) without losing face.  UCONN may have more quality wins or less bad losses, but MU beat UCONN on their home court.  It's an argument you can't win, and certainly a scenario the committee would want to avoid now that they have gone to a more transparent selection model.

Now that I think about it... there's no chance that UCONN and MU both find themselves on the opposite edges of the bubble in two weeks.  If they're that close, they're either both in or both out.

I don't look at it as a competition between us and UCONN.  There are no limitations that say only X teams from a conference can go.  Now, if it did come down to the two of us with identical records, I'd be worried, but to your point earlier, I don't think that will happen.  As long as we have a better resume than someone else.

I just don't want to be on that LFI list because when the upsets happen, then the musical chairs start.  We need 3 more wins, and two of them need to be at home to make this a slam dunk in my opinion.

feedback