collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Flat Screen TV's  (Read 10634 times)

BME to MD

• Scholarship Player
Re: Flat Screen TV's
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 11:40:27 PM »
Not entirely true.
http://hdguru.com/3d-hdtv-and-hdmi-explained/1336/
"As the drawing illustrates, the signal places the two frames in a configuration known as “over/under.” This is the first and currently only FHD3D TV standard signal and because it is totally new, no non-FHD3D display can accept it."

If you're basing your decision on your desire for a 3D televivion in your home, which you shouldn't since it's a worthless gimmick, then you should wait until 3D TV's actually come out.

Thanks for the correction - I must have read some of the misinformed writers that they mention in that article.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »
Hey just wanted to throw out there that I am a Marquette Alum and own a store in Whitefish Bay that sells Samsungs, Sonys, etc and will price match Best Buy.  We also advertise during the MU Basketball games and the Coach's Show.  Also, if you live out of state you don't have to pay sales tax.  Let me know if there is anyway we can help out.

John Lavelle
Owner
Mobility
414-203-0867

nyg

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 04:48:54 PM »
Hey just wanted to throw out there that I am a Marquette Alum and own a store in Whitefish Bay that sells Samsungs, Sonys, etc and will price match Best Buy.  We also advertise during the MU Basketball games and the Coach's Show.  Also, if you live out of state you don't have to pay sales tax.  Let me know if there is anyway we can help out.

John Lavelle
Owner
Mobility
414-203-0867

Nice.  When do the new Sony Bravias coming out?  The 60 inch one?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
Nice.  When do the new Sony Bravias coming out?  The 60 inch one?

Right now I am looking at March 10th from our distributor.  Were you looking at the LED models?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
Also if anyone wants to email me with questions my email is:

john@mobilitymke.com

nyg

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
Right now I am looking at March 10th from our distributor.  Were you looking at the LED models?

LEDS too new, so just the 240HZ 60 inch.  If I need you, I'll pm you.  Thanks.

Yes, March 10.  Sounds like a nice BE tournament HD day.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
Also if anyone wants to email me with questions my email is:

john@mobilitymke.com

Just heard your ad on the radio. "The Warriors of service." Well done, gents.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »
HAHAHA, yeah I actually never thought they would let us put that on there.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

John Lavelle
Owner
Mobility
414-203-0867

I decided to use John and his company, pretty much because he is a Marquette guy.  Install was today.  Couldn't be happier with their service and attention to detail.  Pricing on the TV was competitive, but the service made the difference. 
Ludum habemus.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
I decided to use John and his company, pretty much because he is a Marquette guy.  Install was today.  Couldn't be happier with their service and attention to detail.  Pricing on the TV was competitive, but the service made the difference. 

Their service is outstanding. I pretty much do not purchase a single item without giving them a shot at matching or beating a price. And since I have started this I have yet to make an electronics purchase anywhere else.

And if you are out of state, they will ship directly to you too you.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 08:39:08 AM »
Their service is outstanding. I pretty much do not purchase a single item without giving them a shot at matching or beating a price. And since I have started this I have yet to make an electronics purchase anywhere else.

And if you are out of state, they will ship directly to you too you.

This is good info... am not in the market for any electronics now, but will definitely give Mobility a shout next time around.

I believe the website is still down, but did/will MU Connect have info like this... i.e. a directory of shop owners/service providers who are MU alums (especially those who support the institution as donors or advertisers)?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.