Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Couldnt sleep...  (Read 3411 times)

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
Couldnt sleep...
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:31:44 AM »
I need to get something off my chest before I am COMPLETELY unproductive for the 2nd day in a row thanks to the MU/Pitt (and MUScoop, haha)....was thinking a few things last night...

1. I am as upset about the game last night as anyone...but I am asking....do you REALLY feel we played good enough to win??

2. First time all season I felt like Lazar played a little bit tentative down low. His little 'baby hook' looked more like a 'hurried flick' and barely drew iron....was he afraid of being blocked?

3. I hate to be "that guy"...BUT...WHY on earth did we sub out Byucks for Cubillan after we he got the TO with about 2:30 left?? Dwight was the only guy who could get to the basket and Cubillan had missed a few shots and we all know if he misses a few, he's basically useless...i REALLY questioned this move by Buzz....anyone else agree/disagree?

4. A few weeks ago Buzz was talking about winning at home and on the road. He said a win on the road is +1 and a loss at home is -1....however, this loss feels like a "-5"...zero wiggle room left...I think we may need to win out to make the tourney...

5. I used my old man's tickets last night and sat in section 218...aside from a FEW people...they were bad. I mean, I for one (and I know I'm not the only one based on this website alone) look forward to games the entire week leading up to it...especially down the stretch...I'm not saying that makes me more of a fan than the next guy...but I would like to see the lower bowl support the team and be loud even when things may not be going our way...the team jumpstarts the crowd in some games...IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD RETURN THE FAVOR!!!!!....all this being said...the crowd didnt lose the game last night...which brings be back to #1....
The "average fan" is an idiot.

reinko

• All American
Re: Couldnt sleep...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
Couple other quick hitters I noticed.

~Why not a hacking strategy on McGhee? We had plenty of fouls to give, wrap him up make him hit his throws, he is a 58% FT shooter.  Butler finished with 1 foul, Fulce finished with 2, and of course E. Will...

~Butler had A LOT of open looks on the jumper in the 2nd half, Pitt practically daring him to shoot.  Pop that j Jimmy!

JohnThomasisAngry

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:38:12 AM »
I could only stand up, come to attention, and belt down a stiff one

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »
something that struck me last night, that Jimmy's hesitance to pop really made me think of. for the first time all year, I thought we really looked like last year's team minus the big three for the first time all season.  We just sort of looked like everyone was waiting for someone to make a play, to take charge.  The 1 or 2 tools that were enough for some of our big hitters to contribute last year became what we strictly relied on last night, but it just wasn't enough, there just wasnt enough there. zar's game became fragmented and finesse, cubillan and mo popped some bad threes, jimmy didn't have any confidence in his jump shot.  All year, even in the losses, guys looked like they grew and matured and took on additional responsibilities as a growing team.  Last night though, we looked like the team that made us nervous when we forecasted a year ahead this time last year.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:57:30 AM »
something that struck me last night, that Jimmy's hesitance to pop really made me think of. for the first time all year, I thought we really looked like last year's team minus the big three for the first time all season.  We just sort of looked like everyone was waiting for someone to make a play, to take charge.  The 1 or 2 tools that were enough for some of our big hitters to contribute last year became what we strictly relied on last night, but it just wasn't enough, there just wasnt enough there. zar's game became fragmented and finesse, cubillan and mo popped some bad threes, jimmy didn't have any confidence in his jump shot.  All year, even in the losses, guys looked like they grew and matured and took on additional responsibilities as a growing team.  Last night though, we looked like the team that made us nervous when we forecasted a year ahead this time last year.

WOW...Burrow....thats a pretty good comparison....while, its not taking a shot at this years team by any means...it did, at times, look like they were waiting for someone else to make a play...

in Lazars interview he talked about the guys, including himself, creating shots for themselves and not for eachother during certain stretches...he said when we create shots for eachother, we are VERY good but when we try to create for ourselves, we're not.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

JohnThomasisAngry

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:00:14 AM »
John Thomas has a throbbing head ache. He was beaten once again last night.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
I couldn't sleep either, but honestly, for me this loss is slightly easier to take than two other types of losses we've had this year

1) playing well enough to beat a ranked team and then losing in the final seconds
2) playing terribly and losing to a terrible team

Not saying it's easy to handle, especially with the tournament ramifications, but a little easier for me to take than the above two examples, which I think our other losses can be categorized as.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »
I love the team and the game and all... but you guys seriously couldn't sleep?

my god.

What happens when a real problem arises in your lives?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »

my god.

HA... so funny.  Here goes how I take these losses.  MU losses, I turn into a whiny b*#$% for about 2 to 3 hours and then my girlfriend makes fun of me and then I am over it. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 01:33:35 PM »
Buycks was subbed out because of the terrible pass he thew in to DJO at the 1:40 mark or so.in the in-bound situation when MU still had a chance with thsore 56-51.  Interestingly, DJO got the TO.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:37:07 PM by Nukem2 »

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
It was Buycks best game of the year hands down. He should get majority of Cubi's minutes from here on out.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Rocco

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

my god.

I must live a great life.  The most upset I EVER get, unless there is maybe a death in the family, is when MU loses.  No joke.  I pay my bills and my family is healthy?  Sorry ;D

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
I was so upset I could not watch the last 5 minutes of the game and went to bed. Slept like a baby. The sun came up this morning and all is well. Its only a college basketball game.