[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is anyone else listening to this crap  (Read 7887 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Is anyone else listening to this crap
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »
I am watching the IU MSU game and they are talking about how the IU team is incredibly undersized.  And how IU can not win with such a small lineup.  Just odd how people don't see a pattern here and how people don't realize that MU is winning with a small line up.  Oh well...
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Is anyone else listening to this crap
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
In other score-watching notes, I see South Florida is beating Cincy right now 22-16.  I think that's good - keeps the upper BE bubble a little less crowded, and would keep Cincy from having the same # of wins as MU.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
Of course I'm watching. Indiana really has very little Big 10 talent. I don't care how old they are. A couple of their guards should be in the Horizon League.  I absolutely love Green from Michigan State.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
jones is getting shut down by cinci.  Completely ineffective thus far, and still winning.  And i guess famous is hurt...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

scowwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
Any idea what is up w/ famous?  Too much 'Zar?

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »
and by shut down i mean he has 7 at half.  Guess i missed those.  The announcers are right about indiana, they cant win small...  They arent us.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
I also heard them mention that if any team can be prepared for Michigan State, it's a team coached by Tom Crean, a former assistant there. That didn't seem to be the case a couple years ago when it took his team 10 minutes to score against them.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »
they have not stated what is wrong with famous, unless i missed it in the first 7 min.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »
I am watching the IU MSU game and they are talking about how the IU team is incredibly undersized.  And how IU can not win with such a small lineup.  Just odd how people don't see a pattern here and how people don't realize that MU is winning with a small line up.  Oh well...

With the right small lineup, of course. IU has some players on their team that aren't high major players, including their Senior.

All three of the MU seniors (Crean recruits) could start for IU right now despite being undersized and they would be appreciably better.

Small, undersized lineups can win, but they must be talented.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:22:36 PM »
That didn't seem to be the case a couple years ago when it took his team 10 minutes to score against them.

Some things never change I guess, as I4 went 13 minutes without a FG tonight.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
Korie Lucious in the game. Man, he could've been playing lots of  minutes here at MU.

EDIT:  16 point lead.

Lavin said MU's playing well of late, building a body of work for their resume (for the NCAA committee).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:51:32 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
I know TC's still on his honeymoon at II, II, but I'm starting to wonder  when the locals will get tired of not being competitive against the better Big Ten teams.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
I know TC's still on his honeymoon at II, II, but I'm starting to wonder  when the locals will get tired of not being competitive against the better Big Ten teams.

With his huge contract, it's going to be a while before admin even starts thinking about eating it and moving on.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 07:56:14 PM »

Probably next year, but next year they should be middle of the pack.  The 2011, 2012, 2013 high school talent in Indiana is loaded.  If he lands some of them, they'll be happy campers.  One thing that IU people are is provincial, they love to see those Indiana kids in Indiana uniforms.  Due to the abundance of talent in those three years, he only needs to land a couple each year.

This team would be a lot better if Creek were still playing.  He is their Lazar Hayward (no, not as good as him yet, but a 4 star recruit that blew his knee out before the conference season).  That was the killer for them this year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
With the right small lineup, of course. IU has some players on their team that aren't high major players, including their Senior.

All three of the MU seniors (Crean recruits) could start for IU right now despite being undersized and they would be appreciably better.

And well coached.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
I don't who is announcing the game tonight but someone said, and I want to say Jay Bilas, "you build a team from the inside out" and "Crean needs to bring in some big bodies".  Yeah, back when Bill Walton or Wilt Chamberlain played against guys who were all 6 feet tall that was true...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:00:05 PM by The Pickle »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »
I don't who is announcing the game tonight but someone said, and I want to say Jay Bilas, "you build a team from the inside out" and "Crean needs to bring in some big bodies".  Yeah, back when Bill Walton or Wilt Chamberlain played against guys who were all 6 feet tall that was true...

That was none other than Steve Lavin, not Bilas, who was the "coaching" expert during the game.
SS Marquette

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
77, thanks for clarifying, you are right.  I guess there's a reason he's not coaching anymore...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
Crean's a complete joke of a coach. IU faithful are now catching on to the sales pitch. Izzo called off the dogs tonight as a goodwill gesture.
BTW, Buzz, Carmody, Bo etc. have all dealt with serious and season ending injuries to valuable players much more successfully than Too Tan Tommy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but how is IU undersized?  They've got four 6'9" guys who played a combined 79 minutes tonight (and that appears to be fairly consistent with the rest of the year), plus two 6'11"/7'0" guys that don't make it off the bench.  kenpom has them in the top 100 for effective height.

The toughest thing for IU this year appears to be getting their experienced guards to hang onto the ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
And well coached.

Agreed...but I'd say Crean coached a small lineup pretty well over the years.  Plenty of wins over top 25 schools, NCAA appearances, etc.  I'm sure he's comfortable doing that, but you need some talent. 

As Kevin O'Neill used to say:

It isn't always about coaching.  Give me Dean Smith's players and I'll win every time. 

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
they have not stated what is wrong with famous, unless i missed it in the first 7 min.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/famous-out-vs.-cincinnati/
Sprained knee in practice on Monday.  His game against MU was his 7th double-double of the year.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »

I'm calling BS on this one.  We watched Wes play average ball under TC for three years and DJ decline after his freshmen year.  Then we saw nothing special from Acker or Coobie, and now they play decent ball under Buzz...I'm not sure TC deserves credit for that.  I understand the transfer, the injuries, etc.... but I simply see players playing better under Buzz than TC.  I'm not convinced that TC shouldn't have equal talent to MU.  Since TC left, I like the players that Buzz brought in as a new BCS head coach in a small market in comparison to TC at IU who had to deal with sanctions.

It isn't always about coaching.  Give me Dean Smith's players and I'll win every time. 
I found this so fitting as we all have to believe that TC felt it was all about the players and not so much the coach ?-(

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »

No, no he used to say: "Give me TC's recruiting budget, facilities and expense model and I'll win every time"

OK, you're right he actually said:  "Give me that motherf^cker TC's f'n recruiting budget, f'n facilities and f'n expense model and I'll kick that m-fer's a-- every time"

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 09:59:55 PM »
No, no he used to say: "Give me TC's recruiting budget, facilities and expense model and I'll win every time"

OK, you're right he actually said:  "Give me that motherf^cker TC's f'n recruiting budget, f'n facilities and f'n expense model and I'll kick that m-fer's a-- every time"

Lol.  Hilarious.    :D