* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by 79Warrior
[Today at 09:23:21 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many wins will MU have in the BEAST this year?

1 (0.8%)
40 (32.8%)
56 (45.9%)
19 (15.6%)
6 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: Marquette will finish with at least...  (Read 3873 times)

denverMU

• All American
Marquette will finish with at least...
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
12 wins in the BEAST this year!  I think we should win out but odds are we lose one we shouldn't.  Go Warriors!!!

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Marquette will finish with at least...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:58 AM »
Love the enthusiasm, but if MU gets to 11 wins I'll be extremely pleased.  AT Cincy, At Seton Hall and Louisville are games I see MU losing.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
I don't understand why people are so scared of Louisville.  Who have they beaten, especially on the road?  They have samuels (who is soft) and a bunch of ok guards.  As ling as we play at our pace I think we will destroy them.   

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
I don't understand why people are so scared of Louisville.  Who have they beaten, especially on the road?  They have samuels (who is soft) and a bunch of ok guards.  As ling as we play at our pace I think we will destroy them.   

True, but it is a rivalry game and we play them after only 1 day off.  Seton Hall on Sunday, Lville on Tuesday - that's tough with how deep we are.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
But that friggin' Jerry Smith will figure out one last way to stick it to us.  God I wish he'd finally graduate!

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
Might be more appropriate to say you wish Smith would use up his eligibility ;)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »
Louisville thrives off turnovers and this team does not turn the ball over.  As long as we don't let them dictate the pace, we should win handily, rivalry game or not.  They aren't that good and they are not a matchup problem personnel-wise. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
Their press, which is their bread and butter, will NOT bother this MU team at all.....Bring it Louisville.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »
Hope you all are right and that we beat L'ville.  As mentioned above, I fear the short turnaround/travel will be tough on MU.  They play 3 road games in 7 days, and then have just 1 day of rest, before facing L'ville.  Furthermore, L'ville could very likely be fighting for its NCAA-life and this be a must-win type situation for them (that same thought could apply to us).
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »
Hope you all are right and that we beat L'ville.  As mentioned above, I fear the short turnaround/travel will be tough on MU.  They play 3 road games in 7 days, and then have just 1 day of rest, before facing L'ville.  Furthermore, L'ville could very likely be fighting for its NCAA-life and this be a must-win type situation for them (that same thought could apply to us).

We NEED to use more bench with our upcoming schedule.  It has worked (use of little bench) in the Big East season up to this point but no more after Pitt....

Pitt to Cincy: 2 days rest
Cincy to St. John's: 2 days rest
St. John's to The Hall: 3 days rest
The Hall to Looeyvilee: 1 day rest

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

I hope you are watching the L'ville/Cuse game right now.

applesareroughAGE

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »
Slick Rick will be at his customary Porcini's back table to celebrate this victory.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »
Slick Rick will be at his customary Porcini's back table to celebrate this victory.
Doing his victory dance.

applesareroughAGE

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
Will he wear the white suit?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
I hope you are watching the L'ville/Cuse game right now.

Yeah I watched it.  Good timing for them to make me eat a little crow.  But that is their first good win all season, albeit a very very good one.  Cuse shot it horribly.  I still say we should beat them handily.  Can we lose it, sure.  I just don't see it being that likely.  I think it is our 2nd easiest game left after ND.  They just don;t have that big, long frontcourt that can really cause us problems like in year's past, and this team is not prone to turn the ball over against the press. 

It is a good point on the travel/timing though.  We'll see if the short bench can survive.

applesareroughAGE

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
Yeah I watched it.  Good timing for them to make me eat a little crow.  But that is their first good win all season, albeit a very very good one.  Cuse shot it horribly.  I still say we should beat them handily.  Can we lose it, sure.  I just don't see it being that likely.  I think it is our 2nd easiest game left after ND.  They just don;t have that big, long frontcourt that can really cause us problems like in year's past, and this team is not prone to turn the ball over against the press. 

It is a good point on the travel/timing though.  We'll see if the short bench can survive.

You may be eating crow but Slick Rick will be savoring raw oysters tonight. Gamey, yes, but don't miss a drop

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »

I just checked out L'Ville's remaining schedule and they play on the 28th as well (@UCONN) - so they will have a comparable short turnaround period - although they go a bit deeper, that 1 day off doesn't look as severe knowing the Cards have to do it too.

feedback