Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The BC Will Be Jacked Tomorrow Night  (Read 9664 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: The BC Will Be Jacked Tomorrow Night
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Aside from Villanova, there really have not been any great home games yet.  And Nova was over break.  

The students who bought their season tickets have 4 treats ahead of them with USF on a Sat, Pitt on a Thurs, and Louisville/ND.  I loved Thursday, Friday, or Saturday games because of the drinking you could do before and after the game.  Also, on a Monday or Tuesday night, everyone would have to rush to the game from class and it was tough to save seats for your buds in later classes.  

I was at MU for what was then the two loudest moments at a MU game:  Dameon Mason's and-1 shot against Louisville  in 04 and Novak's three against ND in 06.  Let's see some of that kind of noise to finish out the season!  No reason why we can't win these games.

OpenLook

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »
Aside from Villanova, there really have not been any great home games yet.  And Nova was over break.  

The students who bought their season tickets have 4 treats ahead of them with USF on a Sat, Pitt on a Thurs, and Louisville/ND.  I loved Thursday, Friday, or Saturday games because of the drinking you could do before and after the game.  Also, on a Monday or Tuesday night, everyone would have to rush to the game from class and it was tough to save seats for your buds in later classes.  

I was at MU for what was then the two loudest moments at a MU game:  Dameon Mason's and-1 shot against Louisville  in 04 and Novak's three against ND in 06.  Let's see some of that kind of noise to finish out the season!  No reason why we can't win these games.

I was both of those games as well and the Novak shot (a 2-pointer actually, the refs reviewed it and it was a 2) brought an incredible level of noise. In fact, the next day's newspaper compared the decible level to that of a jet plane. I thought the noise was going to lift the roof off the BC.

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
the noise level when we played georgetown in 08 was pretty intense. especially when that guy had to hit those 3 free throws to send it into OT when DJ fouled him. that was loud as ****.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
the noise level when we played georgetown in 08 was pretty intense. especially when that guy had to hit those 3 free throws to send it into OT when DJ fouled him. that was loud as ****.

I will agree that this year has been really down though.  I know the crowds showed up with the big three around over the last two years, but campus isn't buzzing about this team like it should be.  They work hard and they are steadily being rewarded for it.  It's time the student body shows them some love.

I mean, I know of at least five people NOT going tonight... one of which has an entirely valid excuse in having to coach a volleyball tournament in Chicago, but a few others skipping because they have homework/projects/tests coming up.  Really? It's two hours of our lives that we won't get back, and it's a BIG game.  At least they all ensured that the tickets made it into the hands of MU supporters, so the seats will be filled.

In any case, I'll be at the BC by 5-5:30 and ready to go.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »
I will agree that this year has been really down though.  I know the crowds showed up with the big three around over the last two years, but campus isn't buzzing about this team like it should be.

What kind of buzz do you really expect for a team that's either barely in or barely out of the NCAA tournament depending on the previous day's results?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
What kind of buzz do you really expect for a team that's either barely in or barely out of the NCAA tournament depending on the previous day's results?

If we consider ourselves anything close to a top flight student fan base, then I'd say at least a little buzz.  We were projected to be 12th in the BE, and during what was to be a "rebuilding" year we're above .500 in a tough conference with our NCAA hopes alive and well currently. I know it's not like last year or the year before and we're not top 25 or a lock for the Dance, but if THAT'S your expectation to get people to show up, then we're a poorer student section than I thought.

Heck, if we were 2-9 in conference and playing sloppy ball, I'm sure I'd be less likely to be at every game.  But as long as we're competitive and the team is working as hard as they seem to be right now, they've earned my support. And I don't think Buzz will accept anything less than that work ethic.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
Novak's three against ND in 06.

Best memory of college.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
They better be bumping "Party in the USA" during all critical TV timeouts...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Husker4MU

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

Wow, that's quite the level of entitlement there.  I came to MU in Crean's first year, those were some lean times in a wretched conference.  Other vets put up with Dukiet in today's Horizon League.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
If we consider ourselves anything close to a top flight student fan base, then I'd say at least a little buzz.  We were projected to be 12th in the BE, and during what was to be a "rebuilding" year we're above .500 in a tough conference with our NCAA hopes alive and well currently. I know it's not like last year or the year before and we're not top 25 or a lock for the Dance, but if THAT'S your expectation to get people to show up, then we're a poorer student section than I thought.

Heck, if we were 2-9 in conference and playing sloppy ball, I'm sure I'd be less likely to be at every game.  But as long as we're competitive and the team is working as hard as they seem to be right now, they've earned my support. And I don't think Buzz will accept anything less than that work ethic.

See, I thought you meant campus in general, not in the people who laid out money to see every game.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
Wow, that's quite the level of entitlement there.  I came to MU in Crean's first year, those were some lean times in a wretched conference.  Other vets put up with Dukiet in today's Horizon League.

See above.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
Considering the appearances by alums, now NBA players at Wisconsin and UNC among others today, I gotta wonder if the wunderkinds Matthews, diener, novak show up for USF! I hope so!
SS Marquette

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
I just talked to Wes Matthews last night at the Madison Memorial game and said "Good job on getting Vander to MU and now you got to work on getting Junior Lomomba to continue that pipeline"---he loved my MU gear on and said he honestly wasn't sure yet on Junior.

You're kidding, right?  Isn't it against NCAA rules for an non-coaching alumnus to recruit a prospectto his alma mater?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »
I just talked to Wes Matthews last night at the Madison Memorial game and said "Good job on getting Vander to MU and now you got to work on getting Junior Lomomba to continue that pipeline"---he loved my MU gear on and said he honestly wasn't sure yet on Junior.

Again...why do you constantly bring stuff like this up? Be smart, christ.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
Again...why do you constantly bring stuff like this up? Be smart, christ.

Sounds like he's a Bucky Mole.
SS Marquette