[Today at 11:24:41 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ticketmaster Seat Map  (Read 7036 times)

Fightin 411

• Walk-On
Ticketmaster Seat Map
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »
Looks like MU is one of a few college/pro teams to use Ticketmaster's Seat Map option to buy tickets.  It's pretty cool, you can choose the exact seat that you want to buy.

Looks like theres about 100-150 seats left for the USF game.  Notre Dame is the only sell out right now.  Cool way to see where the empty seats may be and what's available.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Ticketmaster Seat Map
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
I take partial credit as no year went by where I didn't talk to someone in the ticket office about how terrible Ticketmaster's seat allocation formula was.

I'd written back in October .. as I tried to buy tickets for friends, TM would consistently give tickets in Row X, Row Y .. for the same game, calling the ticket office yielded seats in row F in a comparable section.

Glad to hear there's a pick-your-seat option available now.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
That's a great feature!  It's cool seeing what seats are still open for the game.

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07004354C4AFB728?artistid=845508&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »
thats a great change. i never could figure out how ticketmaster used to prioritize seats, but I always thought it was pretty suspect. 

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
That is a huge improvement over the previous system.  I hope this picks up speed quickly, as it takes out much of the guesswork of where you can buy tickets in an arena.

Fightin 411

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:10:16 PM »
Taking a second look at it, it looks like there may be as many as 500 seats available for Saturday.  I doubt it will end up selling out, alothough I hope it does...we need all the people we can get for Sat night!

Eye

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:47 AM »
I think it's fantastic as well. Lets me know exactly where I'm sitting for Saturday, and if anybody in the group I'm taking to the U of L game wants to know exactly where we are, they can do it. Allows you to pick on the aisle if you'd like, and I can get as specific as possible as to what's exactly available with people that are considering going to games with me. When you're coming from a 3-hour drive away, that's important. Also has allowed me to figure out exactly what's available in the ticket exchange. Some seats are clearly worth what's being asked for there, some are not. Allows me to see what single seats are available, and sometimes two deemed single seats can work for two if they're in the seat immediately in front or behind you. I've already done a lot of looking at the USF and Pitt games on there, and was able to talk a buddy into going with me Saturday because I could explain to him how good a seat we could get for less than double the original face. Without that, I may not have been able to do that. The combination of this and the ticket exchange allowed me to get the best seats I've ever gotten to an MU game for Saturday night at what I would consider a reasonable mark-up. Please keep these both available MU!
GO WARRIORS!

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
Looks like MU is one of a few college/pro teams to use Ticketmaster's Seat Map option to buy tickets.  It's pretty cool, you can choose the exact seat that you want to buy.

Looks like theres about 100-150 seats left for the USF game.  Notre Dame is the only sell out right now.  Cool way to see where the empty seats may be and what's available.

you are correct it is a nice feature and it does look like we will have a close to capacity crowd for a huge game.  However there are far more than 100-150 seats left.  There are at least a dozen sections with 50-90 seats left and a few more dozen with less than that actaully somehwere neer 100 seats left ... good crowd nonetheless and hopefully they are well oiled and voacal on Staurday night and we just come out and pull a Providence game on them.

feedback