[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where's Junior?  (Read 9437 times)

Doctor V

• All American
Re: Where's Junior?
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Thought I'd bring this back up to the top, just for fun. Remember no whining   ;D

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »
Put me in the minority, but I think this is a perfect situation for Junior.  He already got some game experience, so the butterflies are gone (for the most part), and now is getting the chance to get in game shape, keep practicing, and catch up physically.  If he can help us for the BET and NCAA/NIT tournament at this point, that's the best-case scenario, and I'm alright with him seeing limited minutes for another couple games if that's what Buzz thinks needs to happen.  As long as he's getting some playing time in 2 weeks or so, that's fine.

Big win tonight, and let's keep them coming!  I'd be curious to see what our record is in games with a week or more to prepare.  I feel like we usually come out with a fire under us, but maybe that's just selective memory.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
I will re-state others whom I agree with.  JC came to MU with a need to work on his defense.  He has not been able to work on this....AND his injury directly affects his lateral quickness.  One thing that is clear to me from limited Buzz exposure,  is he gets as much minutes as he can from his horses.  JC is obviously not there yet.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »
I will re-state others whom I agree with.  JC came to MU with a need to work on his defense.  He has not been able to work on this....AND his injury directly affects his lateral quickness.  One thing that is clear to me from limited Buzz exposure,  is he gets as much minutes as he can from his horses.  JC is obviously not there yet.

Agreed. Question remains, however, why not save the season (or highly suggest to Junior that he save the season) if he is not there yet? If he eventually gets up to speed in practice, then you begin to play him in actuall games...

Too late now, hopefully the fella helps us in the last 7 games of the season, so that maybe he can get more PT in the postseason

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
The main reason I was hoping JC would take a redshirt is because Buzz plays a short bench and he needs time to get up to speed.  The thing is.....Junior is a basketball player.....he wants to play.....and he is confident.  I admire that.  His time will come.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
I don't get what Buzz is doing here.  If the guy is ready to play and contribute, burn the redshirt.  If the guy needs more practice, keep the redshirt on.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 06:35:28 PM »
I don't get what Buzz is doing here.  If the guy is ready to play and contribute, burn the redshirt.  If the guy needs more practice, keep the redshirt on.

What does Junior an his family want?

That's the only thing that matters.  It's selfish of us to demand to know/ask why the red shirt was removed.
Marquette University, Spring '08

bma725

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 07:26:49 PM »
I don't get what Buzz is doing here.  If the guy is ready to play and contribute, burn the redshirt.  If the guy needs more practice, keep the redshirt on.

You assume that Buzz is doing something...you assume wrong.  The decision is and always has been Junior's.  If the kid doesn't want to redshirt, forcing him to do so is a terrible idea.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »
You assume that Buzz is doing something...you assume wrong.  The decision is and always has been Junior's.  If the kid doesn't want to redshirt, forcing him to do so is a terrible idea.

+1   Same situation with Trevor.  If the kid wants to play, it's the kid's decision.  If you start getting into situations where the coach decides redshirts, you have transfer mania going on.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
kids that thought they were going to come in and start arent usually the redshirting type anyway.  assuming a kid is going to be here five years is a heck of a commitment, and understandably more than the player is usually willing to make.  the thought process is usually that the belated senior year might be better off playing European pro or D-league ball or something anyway.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 09:11:08 PM »
+1   Same situation with Trevor.  If the kid wants to play, it's the kid's decision.  If you start getting into situations where the coach decides redshirts, you have transfer mania going on.

Not really the same situation as Trevor.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
Care to elaborate?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
Not really the same situation as Trevor.

You're right, not the exact same situation as Trevor was likely to transfer.  My point was, the kid didn't want to redshirt and he took the redshirt off.  Junior didn't want to redshirt and the redshirt is gone.

It should be the kid's decision, not the coach.  In that vein, similar situation.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
We do not really know if Cadougan plans on staying. I see DJO, Buyckes and Blue playing ahead of Cadougan next year. You also have two other incoming freshmen at guard. From what I seen so far from Cadougan he is the best passer on the team. He would be good on a team that wants the point guard to control the game. That does not seem to be Buzz's style. He likes his guards to move the ball around quickly instead of the point guard contoling the ball. Also, I know Cadougan is still recovering from his injury, but I am not sure he has the quickness to play Buzz's style of defense.