[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJO= SOG  (Read 8203 times)

Blackhat

• All American
DJO= SOG
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »
He set the tone, opened up the d with his three shooting..

Kid is a STUD.

nyg

• All American
Re: DJO= SOG
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
He set the tone, opened up the d with his three shooting..

Kid is a STUD.

Agree, even though he had five really bad turnovers and sat for awhile in first half.  His hot start was awesome.

Zar a close second with 19 points and 14 boards. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:56:34 PM »
He has all the skills.   But he is going to have to work on his PG skills to go to the next level.    For tonight, I will take Lazar's double double.    DJO played a heckuva game, though.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
Nope, should be 'Zar. He filled the stat sheet tonight.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
I disagree.. his offense was great, sure but Zar got it done on both sides of the court.  Hard to ignore a very full double-double.  Hayward is the MuScoop Stud of Game.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Definitely agree with the Lazar choice.  14 rebounds is very impressive, and he didn't give half of his points back by constantly turning it over.  DJO's only going to get better, but there are a lot of things to fix, which makes it incredible that he's such a good player already.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »
He has all the skills.   But he is going to have to work on his PG skills to go to the next level.    For tonight, I will take Lazar's double double.    DJO played a heckuva game, though.  

You think?  Arenas, Ellis, Luther head, etc. have all had success without being great ball handling.  Not saying he'll be Arenas or Ellis but he's got the body for sure....the more I see him the less doubt I have he'll be in the NBA.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:04:47 PM »
Yeah, but how many TO's taking it into traffic or making the dumb pass or shooting just because he was open when we needed to run the offense?   Improve his handle and his decision making.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
agree with the choice of Zar>  Djo needs to learn to pu together a 40 minute game.  he was a brutal as he was brilliant at time tonight lazar was very solid at all times and that is what wins ball games.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »
agree with the choice of Zar>  Djo needs to learn to pu together a 40 minute game.  he was a brutal as he was brilliant at time tonight lazar was very solid at all times and that is what wins ball games.

Well said Hayward.  I vote Zar over DJO as well.  And if DJO can start putting together 40 minute games, he will be UNBELIEVABLE.  He plays great in spurts currently.  But, was Fran Fraschilla MAN CRUSHING DJO, or what??!!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
Agree that Hayward was a stud, but not to overlook Butler, who was automatic from the line.  6 boards, 3 assists, didn't turn it over.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
LAZAR then F****n Jimmy  Butler then DJO= SsOG

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
Definitely Lazar.  He worked hard on both ends of the court - showed toughness and leadership.  DJO hit some shots, but his turnovers directly led to points on the other end.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »
That block Lazar had on the fast break was Lebron James-esque

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »
That block Lazar had on the fast break was Lebron James-esque

Do you mean he got away with goaltending?   ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
Zar was the SOG hands down.  The game was trending poorly late in the first half when he helped break the game open before half and then in the first part of the 2nd half.  DJO started nicely, but he then kept dribbling into traffic and getting poor TO's. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »
We had 3 studs in the DePau gamel, Zar, Butler and DJO. DJO's 5 TO's take him out of the mix. He will be a stud the rest of year and following two. He does need to learn how to protect his dribble better when he penetrates--or not penetrate. He loses too many when defenders swipe at the ball. Give him credit for trying to make things happen when penetrating--just protect the ball--maybe dribble lower.

Give it to Zar for this game.

Butler does need to get more shots--official stats were 5--but he must have had about 6 shots which he was fouled on. Wish he could finish more of those.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 11:11:01 AM »
Butler singlehandedly took two Depaul big men out by drawing fouls
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

SlappedButtocks

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
Jimmy Butler was central to this victory. Any discussion otherwise is incorrect. Jimmy had the courage to fight in the trenches and emerge unscathed. Without his valor we would have been doomed.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Butler does need to get more shots--official stats were 5--but he must have had about 6 shots which he was fouled on.

Which is freakin' fantastic when he drops 14 of 16 free throws.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
Jimmy Butler was central to this victory. Any discussion otherwise is incorrect. Jimmy had the courage to fight in the trenches and emerge unscathed. Without his valor we would have been doomed.

Not sure "unscathed" is the appropriate word to use as he left in the first half with a boxer-style gash under his eye.

SlappedButtocks

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »
Not sure "unscathed" is the appropriate word to use as he left in the first half with a boxer-style gash under his eye.

A true warrior dismisses a gash like this as part and parcel of the campaign. The Lion of Tombo considers blood to be a Badge of Honor.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »
After I saw DJO play in Orlando I knew he was going to make a big impact for the team. He can really be something special in his next 2 years here. People gotta stop givin him crap about the FTs. I know he's hurt us in the close ones particually at WV and vs Nova. First of all he's a freshman DI related, and everyone had said the young guys may cost some tight games when it come down to the wire. Second, he's contributed probably more so than anyone would have anticipated, and helped us get the W in a few. I hope he can stay hot!

Also, does Buzz have a deal or something with the guys: ill cut my hair when we lose next? You have to look at him twice to realize its him.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »

Also, does Buzz have a deal or something with the guys: ill cut my hair when we lose next? You have to look at him twice to realize its him.

I just read on the other board that none of the players have cut their hair since the loss @ Cuse.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SlappedButtocks

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
You have to look at him twice to realize its him.

Not sure it's just his hair. Look at pictures of BW as an assistant coach and from his opening press conference. Compare that to his bloated self today. I have deep concerns for this man's health. Has success made gone to his head or to his waist? I fear for the man's cardiovascular safety.