[Today at 09:48:00 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by NCMUFan
[Today at 09:02:10 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Royce White  (Read 16230 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Royce White
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 03:00:36 PM »
Stealing $100 worth of merchandise is one pair of jeans.  A misdemeanor.  Does a push or a shove constitute assault?  Probably, but in the world we live in that is pleaded down to resisting arrest or dropped altogether.  In 2010, this type of thing doesn't land you in jail.

True, and hopefully it doesn't land you a basketball scholarship at Marquette, either.

I'm not claiming that White is a terrible kid (and certainly not comparing him to Manson), but there are many solid kids out there who work very hard and stay out of trouble.  I'd certainly rather have those kids represent Marquette.  Give those kids a first chance before worrying about giving some other kids a second (third?  fourth?) chance.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »
True, and hopefully it doesn't land you a basketball scholarship at Marquette, either.

I'm not claiming that White is a terrible kid (and certainly not comparing him to Manson), but there are many solid kids out there who work very hard and stay out of trouble.  I'd certainly rather have those kids represent Marquette.  Give those kids a first chance before worrying about giving some other kids a second (third?  fourth?) chance.

This.

Royce might be a nice kid who has made some poor choices.

That doesn't mean his life is over, but it also doesn't mean he needs to be handed a free education.

I'm sure if he wants to play D1 ball, there will be a team out there that will take him.

I don't think MU can take that risk right now.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »
Looks like Royce will not be transferring.  Royce says he's "putting his basketball goals on hold to focus on clearing his name and furthering his business ventures, which include a club promotion and music production company."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14326106

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
Looks like Royce will not be transferring.  Royce says he's "putting his basketball goals on hold to focus on clearing his name and furthering his business ventures, which include a club promotion and music production company."

wow.  If this is true, he is an idiot.  Why does every basketball player think they need a club and/or a music production company.  They are generally HORRIBLE investments.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
It's official.  The U has granted him his release...

"We are deeply saddened by the entire chain of events involving Royce White this season at the University of Minnesota," said Minnesota head basketball coach Tubby Smith. "However, we feel like he will always be a member of the Minnesota basketball family and want what is best for him and his immediate family. We wish him the best of luck."

I don't think many 'feel like he will always be a member of the Minnesota basketball family'. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LON

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »

Club promotion = dude in suit working the door with a bluetooth in his ear.  I think he may have a clipboard as well.