[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I love Buzz!!  (Read 4784 times)

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
I love Buzz!!
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:18:27 AM »
Hey its still early in his tenure but I can't say enough good things about the guy.

- His teams are always well prepared
- He is brutally honest
- He's a guys guy
- He can recruit

This was supposed to be a down year and so far we have been in every game; let stop knit picking and just embrace our new coach who is a total diamond in the rough.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Re: I love Buzz!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:25:16 AM »
I'm waiting for the ad nauseam comparisons to start...!  The over/under is 3.5 posts.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
I think your third point hits the mark.  Whatever happens on the court, he comes across as someone that you would pour a beer for or get one poured for you by him.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:56 AM »
I think your third point hits the mark.  Whatever happens on the court, he comes across as someone that you would pour a beer for or get one poured for you by him.
That's fine as long as he's winning.  But I bet DePaul fans 3 weeks ago wouldn't have wanted to pour a beer for Jerry Wainwright, no matter how nice or cool a guy he is.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
TJ....way to keep the glass half full  ;)

Just showing my bromance for a guy who no one thought was qualified for the job let alone thought he would do a good job.

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »
Girls too!!  ;)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
Much sharper dresser than the departed. Has a better haircut too.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
TJ....way to keep the glass half full  ;)

Just showing my bromance for a guy who no one thought was qualified for the job let alone thought he would do a good job.

Really.  No one thought he would do a good job?  No one thought he was qualified for the job?

I think you need to go back to April of last year and read the threads.  Many thought he was qualified and could do a good job, the questions that arose were whether he could have been hired a week or two later (he wasn't going anywhere) and still taken a shot at bigger name coaches.

I'd submit many folks thought he was qualified and could do a good job, that doesn't make him the first choice (or top 4 choices for me), but I recall very few people that said he would fail or wasn't qualified.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
April of 2008, not last year.   Just stating facts.   I just can't stand when people invent their own facts. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
Much sharper dresser than the departed. Has a better haircut too.

Could use a tan, though. A real Tommy Crean tan, not a Hank Hill Texas Redneck T-Shirt tan.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 12:36:05 PM »
April of 2008, not last year.   Just stating facts.   I just can't stand when people invent their own facts. 

Absolutely, because accidentally mistaking the year that it happened was such an important component of his actual argument.  ::)  What year it happened in has no bearing on the actual debate about the amount of time the hiring process took. I can't stand inventing facts either. I also can't stand it when people nitpick unimportant components of peoples' posts (a la you in this thread or Jay Bee in many others, for example).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
 Birkie, I agree with you.   Just tossing one at Chico's for fun.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »
Birkie, I agree with you.   Just tossing one at Chico's for fun.   

Gotcha... my sarcasm radar must not be working today  ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »

LOL....sorry, I'm still in 2009 mode.  Yes, April of 2008, thank you for the clarification.  I just went back and did a search.  I found 2 people that said he was going to fail, hardly on overwhelming list, but rather a minority that barely even registers.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »
I am really happy with Buzz.  You can look at the UK's and UNC's out there but look at some other programs.  I have friends who are U of I and IU fans (please no Crean hijacking) who are happy because they are recruiting well.  So is MU but we actually have a really solid squad out there.  Those Big Ten teams play in a much weaker conference and are average at best.  Someone tell me if ND will be competitive next year when Luke leaves.  Not only has Buzz lost the Amigos but we had some pretty terrible injuries too.  Junior, Otule, and Morrow injuries really hurt and STILL Buzz has them playing competitively.  As long as Buzz is at the helm, I think we will be back to the Final Four in the next couple of years.  If Buzz can land a productive JC big man and with the talent coming in next season, we should be pretty damn good.

Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »
let stop knit picking

Picking my own sweaters or socks is now construed as Buzz hate? Man, I must love Crean then.

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
This was meant to be a positive post and not an opportunity for those to throw down some ad hominem remarks.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »
This was meant to be a positive post and not an opportunity for those to throw down some ad hominem remarks.

I guess I don't really see where the ad hominem remarks you're talking about are. This is pretty tame for a Scoop thread - no one's even been called a closeted Crean apologist yet. If it was the knitting remark I made, then I would suggest that's more pointing out a funny typo than attacking your character.