Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Should Cadougan play this year?

Yes
52 (29.4%)
No
76 (42.9%)
I have mixed feelings
49 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Should Cadougan play this year?  (Read 9799 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Should Cadougan play this year?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »

I don't even know what this means.

It means with "no mo' MO", Junior knows he's got the keys. And with a year out due to injury, he'll want to take prove his doubters wrong and make up for some "lost time" on the sidelines.
SS Marquette

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
I also am not at all conflicted on this one, (and I don't read anything into it being his choice or our choice in the question:)  ABSOLUTELY NO.

marquette99

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:12 PM »
At very least we have an option if - God forbid - we lose anyone else.  With otule and maymon gone, I think you keep preparing in practice assuming you may need him.  This year has gone from a pure rebuild to a potential ncaa year. If in the tourney, and after watching michigan beat uconn and the 30-point pasting of providence I feel very good about selection sunday today, this team could come out of the first weekend.  By all means don't deliberately hold him out if he is ready.  Obviously don't put him out there for the final 2 minutes of destroying providence, but don't just miss the tourney to keep the redshirt.  I was so happy to see him looking effortless in his warmups today.  But don't make this a dump on acker or cube - they both look awesome this year.  I'm just much more comfy with 10 scholarship players than 9 down the stretch.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:56:21 PM »
Fear of Junior reinjuring himself in a game shouldn't be a reason to not play him.  If Buzz is even considering playing him, I'd have to guess he is giving it his all in practice where he could just as easily reinjure himself.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 06:25:53 AM »
It means with "no mo' MO", Junior knows he's got the keys. And with a year out due to injury, he'll want to take prove his doubters wrong and make up for some "lost time" on the sidelines.

You don't know that.  He could be just as hungry now.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 07:35:39 AM »
I also am not at all conflicted on this one, (and I don't read anything into it being his choice or our choice in the question:)  ABSOLUTELY NO.

And...any particular reason for that? He has been cleared to play, so who's choice is it exactly?

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 07:52:54 AM »
I say let him play
Maybe he doesnt want to redshirt and go to school for 5 years

LON

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 07:57:44 AM »
I know how pissed I would be if healthy and told "no"

it is his decision and I say why the heck not
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:59:31 AM by LancesOtherNut »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »
Maybe Buzz should send Junior down to Indy for a second opinion with that world-class orthopedist Crean is tight with before making a final decision.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »
Maybe Buzz should send Junior down to Indy for a second opinion with that world-class orthopedist Crean is tight with before making a final decision.

It was said to be TM's decision and turned out to be a bad one.  His contributions were minimal.  18 year old kids can't see 5 minutes in front of them.  He should sit.  Better, long term, for him, better for the team.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
If we had a "WILL Junior play this year?" poll, I bet most would say yes, and I think he will play.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »

You don't know that.  He could be just as hungry now.

You're right.

But with threads like these, most of what is said is conjecture.
SS Marquette

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
if he plays this year, even 5 + mins per game, and doesn't cause his injury to become a more serious/long term problem I believe it will greatly help his growth and confidence going into next year.  limited minutes of big east game play coupled with the practice time and game prep he will continue to experience this year will make him much better as he goes into next season poised to be the guard getting the most minutes as a true pg.

it's funny that as this idea of lifting a redshirt comes up we all had flashes of Mbakwe.  Honestly, as long as Junior doesn't transfer before the next season I think if he CAN play he should.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
NO.......and I will think less of Buzz if he throws him out there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »

I'm sure Buzz will take that into consideration when he, Junior and the doctors make a decision.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »
if he plays this year, even 5 + mins per game, and doesn't cause his injury to become a more serious/long term problem I believe it will greatly help his growth and confidence going into next year.  limited minutes of big east game play coupled with the practice time and game prep he will continue to experience this year will make him much better as he goes into next season poised to be the guard getting the most minutes as a true pg.

I believe that the experience that he'd gain from 5 min a game would be close to nothing compared to what he'll learn being able to finally practice.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »

Why? What specifically do you know about the situation to make you say that?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 05:54:25 PM »

Why?

If the kid is healthy, what's the problem with letting him play? "Letting him play" doesn't mean making him the starter, it doesn't even mean making him the first guy off the bench. It means "letting him play" to the extent that he's able to contribute to the team's success.

As for the "I'd rather have Junior for 4 full seasons than 3 seasons and half of another at less than 100% argument,"
1. Who's to say Junior wants to be in college for 5 years (as said by many others)?
2. If nothing else, doesn't this half-season at less than 100% make Junior that much better prepared for the next three, when he will be (presumably) 100%?

What's the problem?

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
Why? What specifically do you know about the situation to make you say that?

I don't care to expound on this and you don't care anyways.  It is an opinion and this is a forum.  I simply answered how I feel.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »
It was said to be TM's decision and turned out to be a bad one.  His contributions were minimal.  18 year old kids can't see 5 minutes in front of them.  He should sit.  Better, long term, for him, better for the team.

Trevor came back as the season was winding down. Still plenty of BE basketball to play.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 07:59:41 PM »
If he is, in fact, healthy enough to play which I assume he is if the medical staff says he is.  If Buzz thinks he will make the team better right now, which I assume he does by floating this out there.  Then what question is there?  MU lost to three top ten teams by one possession.  Does he make us one possession better?  If yes, then what question is there?

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »
If he is, in fact, healthy enough to play which I assume he is if the medical staff says he is.  If Buzz thinks he will make the team better right now, which I assume he does by floating this out there.  Then what question is there?  MU lost to three top ten teams by one possession.  Does he make us one possession better?  If yes, then what question is there?
+1
Original member of the "Dean's List"

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
I don't care to expound on this and you don't care anyways.  It is an opinion and this is a forum.  I simply answered how I feel.

Well, now you just whetted the appetite..........