[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander Blue + Junior Lomomba + Tim Maymon  (Read 8939 times)

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
Vander Blue + Junior Lomomba + Tim Maymon
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »
Here is a full set of pics.  I think one was already posted.  Here is the next pipeline recruit, Junior Lomomba, who has "visited" MARQ and shows strong interest.  And of course, our man, Tim Maymon is the left corner doing his thing.

Going to Memorial games is like watching a small D1 college play.  Pretty sure last year I had a dunk count at 13 one game for them.
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Vander Blue + Junior Lomomba + Tim Maymon
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26:27 AM »
I didn't realize Tim still goes to Memorial games and acts like an ass.  I just assumed he stopped going after Jerrone left.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »
Jeronne was there, Timmay was keeping tabs.  JMay was fooling around in the crowd, pulling on some kids ears, and the announcers said a decision was coming soon.  Nothing new, in fact, getting real old.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:42:06 AM »
Considering the way things ended with Maymon, I would be suprised if Lomomba comes to MU.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
It may come down to what Senior Lomomba says.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:09:41 AM »
Considering the way things ended with Maymon, I would be suprised if Lomomba comes to MU.

Who knows.  I think when everything is said and done most people will lay the blame for the situation at Tim Maymon's feet.  That's not to say that some of the more controversial rumors are true -- just that Tim (and maybe JMay) had some unrealistic expectations and pulled out way too early.

I think losing JMay's services as a player will hurt the program, but I don't think the whole ordeal will hurt the program.  It all depends on what happens in the future.  The more nonsense Tim Maymon participates in, the less the situation will stick with MU.  If Tim becomes a model parent, then perhaps some of the blame will stick with MU.  I think that is unlikely.

Edited to add:  some of this could stick to MU if JMay totally tears it up at his next stop -- which is, I think, more likely than Tim dropping his act.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:25:29 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
Are we sure TM isn't Freeway's father?

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:37:52 AM »

Lomoba's younger than Vander, isn't he? If Vander reports good things back this summer etc... I think the JMay saga will be just a footnote. Hopefully Vander has a positive experience.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:57:44 AM »
Lomoba's younger than Vander, isn't he? If Vander reports good things back this summer etc... I think the JMay saga will be just a footnote. Hopefully Vander has a positive experience.

Not that simple.  Lomomba's originally from Canada.  He came here at the behest of his cousin, former Badger Hennsey Auriantal....who just happens to be very good friends with Tim Maymon.  Not only that, but while he's in the US, his legal guardian just happens to be Daphne Maymon...as in Jeronne's aunt. 

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »
Not that simple.  Lomomba's originally from Canada.  He came here at the behest of his cousin, former Badger Hennsey Auriantal....who just happens to be very good friends with Tim Maymon.  Not only that, but while he's in the US, his legal guardian just happens to be Daphne Maymon...as in Jeronne's aunt. 

Very interesting. Thanks.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 02:00:56 PM »
Not that simple.  Lomomba's originally from Canada.  He came here at the behest of his cousin, former Badger Hennsey Auriantal....who just happens to be very good friends with Tim Maymon.  Not only that, but while he's in the US, his legal guardian just happens to be Daphne Maymon...as in Jeronne's aunt.  

Buzz has good luck with kids from Canada named Junior.

Who knows what the Maymons say about Buzz behind closed doors, but the worst thing that has been said publicly is that "I am going to watch Marquette lose every game."  He was unhappy with J-May's role which implies a problem with Buzz, but the burden is more on J-May and his family to find the right spot for him as it is for Buzz to create the perfect situation for every single 4-star recruit.  It was not all that bad of a break up. 

Wes and Vander can trump the Maymons if this kid ends up liking MU.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:02:28 PM by HoopsMalone »

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »

Isnt Hennessy married to Daphne?  I thought I saw him referred to as Jerrone's uncle before.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
Maymon may hurt us with future Madison Memorial recruits, but other than that I see no long-term effects. If Blue becaomes a star at MU then nobody will care about Maymon.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »

Who knows what the Maymons say about Buzz behind closed doors, but the worst thing that has been said publicly is that "I am going to watch Marquette lose every game."  He was unhappy with J-May's role which implies a problem with Buzz, but the burden is more on J-May and his family to find the right spot for him as it is for Buzz to create the perfect situation for every single 4-star recruit.  It was not all that bad of a break up. 

Wes and Vander can trump the Maymons if this kid ends up liking MU.

I thought his "lose every game" quote might have even helped our image. The more he makes an a** of himself, the more this whole think looks like TM's fault. 

WarriorMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:50 PM »
For a 6'4" soph, Junior sure can leap.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
For a 6'4" soph, Junior sure can leap.

Someone I know who was in HS at Memorial said his teacher (Coach Collins) said Junior Lomomba has more potential talent than anyone EVER to pass through Memorial.  He'll be getting the Tokoto treatment pretty soon, after the next AAU season.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »
Someone I know who was in HS at Memorial said his teacher (Coach Collins) said Junior Lomomba has more potential talent than anyone EVER to pass through Memorial.  He'll be getting the Tokoto treatment pretty soon, after the next AAU season.

Flavien Davis had a lot of potential at that age too.

Not saying the kid isnt good...just relax alittle bit. Hes a sophomore...

As I said earlier, after the Maymon situation, I would be suprised if he comes to MU.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 05:35:58 PM »
Flavien Davis had a lot of potential at that age too.

Not saying the kid isnt good...just relax alittle bit. Hes a sophomore...

As I said earlier, after the Maymon situation, I would be suprised if he comes to MU.

I don't know about you, but I've seen both play in person and was not overly impressed with Flavien.  True, he is good and a D1 player.  But, Lomomba is very athletic and still has that priceless selling point in a thing called POTENTIAL, since he still has 2.5 more years left.  Plus, if it's a tie, I'll take the D1 HS player on the best HS team with other D1 talent and playing out of state tournaments.

Flavien is solid though.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »

What's the relationship between UW and Auriantal?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »
I don't know about you, but I've seen both play in person and was not overly impressed with Flavien.  True, he is good and a D1 player.  But, Lomomba is very athletic and still has that priceless selling point in a thing called POTENTIAL, since he still has 2.5 more years left.  Plus, if it's a tie, I'll take the D1 HS player on the best HS team with other D1 talent and playing out of state tournaments.

Flavien is solid though.

Did you see Flavien when he was a FR/SO? At the time he was a consensous Top 100, and was ranked as high as #22 by ESPN. He was recieving serious High Major interest...and had an offer from MU. Alot of that was based on his size and potential for a FR/SO.

What happened next...he didnt grow, he didnt really get any better. Because of that, he fell out of all Top 100 lists, and ended up signing with Loyola.

Again, I'm not trying to hate on the kid...I'm just being realistic...Not trying to crown him. Alot of the same things that are being said about Junior, were the same things said about Flavien when he was that age..."potential" wise.

At the same time, he could blow up...we dont know yet. Im just trying to temper the expectations a little bit...Hes only a sophomore, let things play out.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
I think anything negative that was associated with JayMay could be nullified by the REAL Mr. Madison Memorial, Wes Matthews.
SS Marquette

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »
I think anything negative that was associated with JayMay could be nullified by the REAL Mr. Madison Memorial, Wes Matthews.

And add to the fact that everyone knows Tim is nuts and it means very little.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »

Why?

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
Why?

Read up a couple of posts, the one from BMA, regarding the relationship between the Maymons, Auriental, and Lomomba.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

Not good. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
Meaning...not good is good for us, correct?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

dennycrane

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »

Cold may be an understatement. Hennsey is known for looking out for Hennsey. He has helped Maymon through his process. What does that say? I suspect MU and Hennsey are no longer on good terms. But if there is something in it for Hennsey he could be convinced otherwise.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

That's a big assumption.  The enemy of our enemy may not necessarily be our friend.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »

Using my GOMU/BMA secret decoder ring (from some of his recent posts)...I think they mean....what has been said about Tim Maymon on these forums has negatively impacted the recruitment of Lomomba.

What I say...Luckily Lomomba has a few years to see how Tim's "handling" of JMay works out.  I wouldn't count Buzz out yet.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 05:44:38 AM »
Using my GOMU/BMA secret decoder ring (from some of his recent posts)...I think they mean....what has been said about Tim Maymon on these forums has negatively impacted the recruitment of Lomomba.

What I say...Luckily Lomomba has a few years to see how Tim's "handling" of JMay works out.  I wouldn't count Buzz out yet.

I dont think either of us are saying that at all.  Were simply pointing out the relationships involved.

Again, there is alot of time, and alot of recruiting to happen. I cant tell the future...im just saying that I will be SURPRISED if he comes to MU.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »
Re: Vander Blue,   This SLAM article refers to him as a McDonalds All-American candidate. 
http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2009/12/converseeastbay-classic-report/

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »
Re: Vander Blue,   This SLAM article refers to him as a McDonalds All-American candidate. 
http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2009/12/converseeastbay-classic-report/

Curro runs the NY2LA AAU Events...and is very familiar with Vander.

Unfortunately, Vander is not known throughout the country, the way he is in the Upper Midwest....as evidenced by the significant difference in rankings by different services.  That will make it hard for him to get invited to the McDonalds AA Game.

What also will make it hard, is the fact that there are ALOT of good guards in the 2010 class.  They generally take 5 guards for each squad.

Considering our new relationship with Nike and the Jordan Brand...I wouldnt be suprised if Vander made the Jordan Brand Classic in NYC, which has just as much talent.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »
These guys need to grow up and have role Models like Wesley Matthews. Instead of this Maymon Bunch. I'm sure Vander Get's it. Which is good.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
These guys need to grow up and have role Models like Wesley Matthews. Instead of this Maymon Bunch. I'm sure Vander Get's it. Which is good.

Buzz gets Wes into NBA
Wes talks to Lomomba
Lamomba goes to MU

Simple, isn't it.

feedback