[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: $25 gift certs for $2 on restaurant.com  (Read 25056 times)

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: $25 gift certs for $2 on restaurant.com
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »
$25 Certificates for $2....80% off Certificates today.

Promo Code....DINE

Restaurant.com

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
I ususally stock up on these when the sales hit so today I decided to add some variety to the mix and picked Jalisco's up this afternoon

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »
Thanks for the tip - just got a few for a local Indian place. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
Usually the alcohol thing doesn't matter unless all you are ordering are drinks.

For example when we go, alcohol isn't included in the coupon.  We usually order a bottle of wine, appetizer, and 2 entrees.  The food alone comes out to over $35 so the coupon is applied to that.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »
Deal is back again.....promo code = STEAK

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Wow.. I was going to call you all cheapskates.. but, I just copped 4 gift certificates to the Hangar Room (steak!)... they were **$3** each, but for $12 (paid via Paypal!) I've got $100 in gift certificates... that don't expire. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
$100 worth of food at Milwaukee area restaurants for $11, thanks :)

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
Wow.. I was going to call you all cheapskates.. but, I just copped 4 gift certificates to the Hangar Room (steak!)... they were **$3** each, but for $12 (paid via Paypal!) I've got $100 in gift certificates... that don't expire. 

Very Very good in house dry aged steak....some certificates, in the terms and conditions, say you can only redeem one a month...I am not sure about the Hangar Room but just throwing that out there.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »
Very Very good in house dry aged steak....some certificates, in the terms and conditions, say you can only redeem one a month...I am not sure about the Hangar Room but just throwing that out there.

Yes.. this one was one per visit, max of one per month.  I want a refund.

I've got family that lives close to the Hangar Room and they go there quite often... will make a nice little gift.  I'll have to skip the part about how inexpensive it was for me to purchase when I give the certificates to the fam.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
Yes.. this one was one per visit, max of one per month.  I want a refund.

I've got family that lives close to the Hangar Room and they go there quite often... will make a nice little gift.  I'll have to skip the part about how inexpensive it was for me to purchase when I give the certificates to the fam.
Just don't be the d-bag that acts like they are paying for the whole meal at full-price. I'm still young and my group of friends split the bill. I have one friend who always suggest going to a restaurant.com restaurant and she acts like she paid $25 for the whole gift certificate. She gets all offensive when the next time I say I will print out the certificate for $2.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »
I was pretty excited by this deal but there is exactly ONE restaurant within 30 miles of me that are involved. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »
Just don't be the d-bag that acts like they are paying for the whole meal at full-price. I'm still young and my group of friends split the bill. I have one friend who always suggest going to a restaurant.com restaurant and she acts like she paid $25 for the whole gift certificate. She gets all offensive when the next time I say I will print out the certificate for $2.

Stop being friends with this person.  For reals.  Anyone this cheap and shallow, you don't need to hang out with.  Sure in college she was nice enough, possibly attractive so she upped your game a bit because you rolled with her as a friend.  You are now out of college (well I think you are, but regardless) dump her.  I have never known anyone who bitches about splitting a restaurant bill to be of much character at all.  I challenge the board, who here's knows someone, who one time in their life has complained about splitting a restaurant or bar bill, in public, amongst friends...I imagine that 99% of these people suck at life, or are Jay Bee.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
I don't worry about things like this.. money is no expense, baby. 

But.. what part of the game is hanging around some chick friend all the time?  Madd questionable.. especially one that demands you go to the restaurant with the $2 for $25 deal. 

Oh well, I've gotta run.  Meeting my boyz over at Taco Bell.  $.89 cheesy double decker tacos!  TONIGHT, WE ALL EAT!

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
Here is a link to a "trap" on the restaurant.com certificates. On any Coupon use, The charge will automatically add 18% to your bill, up front...then apply the coupon's discount...and waiters learn to present it quietly, with the tip area, still left blank...you are so happy with your "deal", that you add more in the tip!!
Yes, you'll get a net benefit on the coupon...but be careful you dont give a bunch back with the 18% add on, plus your filling in of a 20% tip...this "eats" up most of your perceived savings.

http://www.29-95.com/restaurants/story/whine-dine-reader-discovers-coupon%E2%80%99s-fine-print-includes-gratuity
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »
Here is a link to a "trap" on the restaurant.com certificates. On any Coupon use, The charge will automatically add 18% to your bill, up front...then apply the coupon's discount...and waiters learn to present it quietly, with the tip area, still left blank...you are so happy with your "deal", that you add more in the tip!!
Yes, you'll get a net benefit on the coupon...but be careful you dont give a bunch back with the 18% add on, plus your filling in of a 20% tip...this "eats" up most of your perceived savings.

http://www.29-95.com/restaurants/story/whine-dine-reader-discovers-coupon%E2%80%99s-fine-print-includes-gratuity

IMO if you don't read your coupon or your bill and fall prey to that "trap" you deserve a 20% "penalty"  ::)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »
When I have used the certificates they don't "sneak" the mandatory tip in, only ask that you tip based on total bill.  Still a good deal.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »
When I have used the certificates they don't "sneak" the mandatory tip in, only ask that you tip based on total bill.  Still a good deal.

Same here...never have had a tip added in....they normally just circle or highlight the full total before any discounts.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
Same here...never have had a tip added in....they normally just circle or highlight the full total before any discounts.
I've had it both ways. Some places (i think cheaper ones) have it built in. But it is clearly written on the bill where any gratuity as if you had a party over 6. I guess some waitresses may present it in a way that would try to get you to double tip, but that's more on the waittress than the restaurant.

Doing the math, it is still a good deal. You have to tip on a higher amount on which you wouldn't have paid normally, so its up to you if you want to hold it against the savings. (ie you get a bottle of wine since you "saved" money, theres a $6 tip you normally wouldn't have spent.)

$2 (cost of certificate)
$40 (cost of meal if min is $35. But it's hard to get exactly $35)
$7.20 (Mandatory tip- Even if it isn't on the check, you should still pay it)
  ~$50
- $25
-------------
=$25 bucks for 40 worth of dinner including tip. So if I'm out on the town with a lady, we might normally spend $30 min + tip. So we might need to spend a little extra to get full use of the coupon, but you still save $15 plus get your tip covered. You don't end up saving 66% like it makes it seem due to the restrictions, but you are still getting a great deal. I would rather save 40% than nothing.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »
It's on again:

ONLY $2 FOR A $25 RESTAURANT GIFT CERTIFICATE!*
Enter Promo Code: DINNER 
Offer ends Monday, January 16, 2012!