Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Buzz good at coaching defense?  (Read 6154 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Is Buzz good at coaching defense?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »
  Not sure I'd call all of those transfers, technically.  At any rate, to oversimplify and say that each of these kid's decision was black and white: Crean, yes, Buzz, no... is silly.  There's a lot more to it than, "I wanted to play for Tim Cream but I don't want to play for Buzz, therefore I do not want to be at Marquette this coming season".

Very true, not all transfers by definition.  Better stated that there were plenty of Big East players here, but when Crean left they chose either to transfer or not to play for Buzz....thus four players left on their own accord.....for whatever reason.

That being said, if Crean was here then SC, TT, and NW would have played for MU last year.  TM....who knows.  Oversimpliflication or not, when the coach that was their when they committed left, those guys decided to leave as well.  They didn't want to play for the new guy, for whatever reason and left on their own accord.  Happens just about everywhere.  I'm not blaming Buzz at all, only stating the obvious that there were plenty of Big East players here, they just chose not to remain.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Is Buzz good at coaching defense?
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
Actually he left several Big East players....one transferred  after Buzz took the job and went to Minnesota.  One transferred and is playing at Kansas.  One transferred to play at Indiana.  Another transferred to play at Iowa State.  For whatever reason, those guys wanted to play for Tom Crean (man who can't recruit, coach, etc) but didn't want to play for Buzz (unfortunately, because we could use them all).  

WOW. Like the detective in Casa Blanca who is "shocked" that there is gambling going on at Rick's, you feign disbelief when people call you "anti Buzz". This post so misrepresents the facts I can only surmise we won't have to put up with that ruse as you are now completely "out of the closet".
As you and everyone else knows, Mbakwe was gone before Crean left. He reconsidered when TC bolted but in the end there was too much water under the bridge. To say that TC left this player for Buzz but he left because he didn't want to play for Buzz is dishonest. Tyshawn Taylor didn't transfer to Kansas since he was never enrolled at MU. He was released from his LOI when Crean bolted. A scholarship from his "dream school" was offered and he happily accepted. Just as he would have happily accepted the previous fall had the offer presented itself. Suggesting he was a player who wanted to play for Crean but not for Buzz is not accurate. To say he wanted to play for Bill Self at Kansas more than he wanted to play for Buzz at MU or Crean at MU or IU is. Nick Williams didn't transfer either. But he does fit the mold of a player who wanted to play for Crean rather than Buzz. Crean took him with him without any resistance from Buzz so to suggest TC "left him" for MU and Buzz is of course nonsense. Christofferson is the only player you cite who fits the desciption of a player "left" for Buzz. Unfortunately, he has yet to prove the designation you confer on him - a Big East player. Again, all I can say is WOW.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:48:24 PM by Lennys Tap »

feedback