[Today at 01:39:54 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What if....?  (Read 2901 times)

tower912

• All American
What if....?
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:54:12 PM »
If Monterale Clark was cleared of all charges, a la the Duke lacrosse team, would you still want him at MU?    And when I say cleared, I mean that the victim recants, his friends admit they  lied and the sheriff says that the confession was because of fear and alcohol.    Totally and completely cleared, preferably with an apology.    What then?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: What if....?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
you mean like if it was all a dream?

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:57:44 PM »
He will not have enough Credits to play DIV 1 next year.  He is not in school this semester.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
He will not have enough Credits to play DIV 1 next year.  He is not in school this semester.

I believe he's enrolled at Owens CC in Ohio. I can't say I'm comfortable with the idea that he may still sign with MU. Not sure what the odds of that are though.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »
I believe he's enrolled at Owens CC in Ohio. I can't say I'm comfortable with the idea that he may still sign with MU. Not sure what the odds of that are though.

If he were to still come to Marquette there would be protests and picket lines up and down Wisconsin ave.  (and rightfully so)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:02:41 PM »
For the record, I don't think I am in favor of it.   Too much damage, too big a reach academically, too much long term baggage.     Just tossing a rock into a pond to watch the ripples.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
I'm wondering how somebody heard he was enrolled in OWENS CC.  He is not on the basketball Roster? 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »
I'm wondering how somebody heard he was enrolled in OWENS CC.  He is not on the basketball Roster? 

Apparently he isn't after all. It was on his facebook profile, and I knew he was done at Hill. So I have no idea where he's at.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
If you get the chance, read the complaint filed in his case (it was linked to on one of the news stories at the time of the arrests -- I'm sure you could find it with a google search or two).  There is absolutely no chance that he will be "cleared" of the charges, because he's already made statements to police indicating his involvement, albeit to a different extent than the complaint is ultimately alleging.  Even if he's taken at face value and the jury believes his story, it just means that he'll get a lesser punishment, not that he'll be acquitted. 

It's different than an alibi defense or a straight claim of innocence -- it's basically three defendants all claiming "I only did X, but it was the other two that did Y."  That probably won't play well in front of a jury, especially where X is both still illegal and morally reprehensible.

Also, Rosiak already reported off-the-record that he's been told that Marquette will have no involvement with Clark.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope the complaint isn't true against the kid, but I've moved on.  I wish him the best, but even if he cuts a deal with the prosecutor, he'll never play for a Buzz Williams team.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:23:36 PM »
If he were to still come to Marquette there would be protests and picket lines up and down Wisconsin ave.  (and rightfully so)

If he is completely cleared as the original poster stated...nothing illegal...victim recants and apologizes...AND assuming he is academically eligible...

Then why would there be protesters?  And why should MU bow to pressure from those protesters?  We are going to black list someone who was falsely accused?

Not that this is going to happen because as "MisterDMU" points out, there is really no chance of this happening.

feedback