[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Junior Lomomba  (Read 10548 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Junior Lomomba
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:15:02 PM »
While we're running an extension of Madison Memorial here at MU, the next Spartan target on Buzz's radar screen will undoubtedly be 6'4" sophomore, Junior Lomomba.
Perhaps Wes, Jeronne, and Vander can be goodwill ambassadors on the Warriors' behalf.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:47:07 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Junior Lomomba
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
I don't think Labomba has proven to be at that level yet. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »
He had wrist surgery a few weeks ago that may keep him out the season.  It's going to be wait and see for every college on whether or not he can come back to being a top level player.

He may not be on the level those guys finished at, but as a starting point he's definitely there if not ahead.  Heck a few weeks ago he was played at the Elite Training Mini Camp in Indiana with a cast on his right arm.  That meant he couldn't shoot with his dominant hand, and couldn't go to his right.  So basically all he could do was drive with his off hand, and Rivals still named him as one of the top performers at the camp.

He's already hearing from MU, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Florida, Baylor, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Xavier, etc.  There's a reason for that.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »
I saw him play numerous times at Mad. Memorial HS last year and Buzz was there to scout both him and Vander Blue.  

There were rumors of him transferring to a prep school out east or west, but that did not go through.

He is truely a top RAW talent who still has time to develop.  He is expolosive and I would like to see him as the main guy at Mad. Mem next year once Vander leaves.  I've been told that Coach Collins of Mad. Memorial calls him the most raw talented baller to pass through the system, ahead of Wesley and Vander (truth).  It's just a matter of him maturing.

Once again, please immediately remove Junior from any thoughts of going to UW-Wisconsin, too good of a player.

WE ARE MARQ
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:50:45 PM by rocky_warrior »
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

spartan3186

• All American
New Junior Lomomba Thread
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
I don't know what was said by MrRivals in the other thread, but I am intrigued by Lomomba. Does anybody have anything to add to the previous thread that won't get this one locked?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:42:53 AM »
I don't know what was said by MrRivals in the other thread, but I am intrigued by Lomomba. Does anybody have anything to add to the previous thread that won't get this one locked?

Sorry, my fault, I was doing some browsing on my cell phone, and (apparently) my clunky fingers accidentally clicked "lock" when using the touch screen.  Ok...moving on now...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 08:44:48 AM »

completely and totally disagree.  I watched him play on Memo's road to their state championship and Jr. is going to be a STUD.

I believe that months ago in another thread that we needed to involved with this player ASAP.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:21:02 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that Lomomba was attending the Kansas Midnight Madness event.  I will see if I can find a link.

Edit: Thank You Wadesworld, it was Xavier.  Here is the link: http://www.makingthedance.com/2009/10/3rd-annual-college-hoops-midnight.html#
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:34:50 AM by Eford4President2012 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that Lomomba was attending the Kansas Midnight Madness event.  I will see if I can find a link.
Xavier's
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 11:47:55 AM »

Great chance to see Blue and Junior play a quality opponent.  Saturday, December 19 At Al McGuire Center
8:30 p.m. – Milwaukee King vs. Madison Memorial 

Junior was a starter last year as a freshmen, so it will be interesting to see how he continue to grow with Blue and then without Blue

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Great chance to see Blue and Junior play a quality opponent.  Saturday, December 19 At Al McGuire Center

Junior was a starter last year as a freshmen, so it will be interesting to see how he continue to grow with Blue and then without Blue

I think he broke his wrist so I don't htink he will be playing. I assume is out for the season, or at least awhile. Either way I'm excited to see Blue play.

groove

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »

I assume it will be safe to attend and not have to worry about a MPS brawl breaking out among the thugs and their families or does that only happen when MPS schools play at MPS facilities?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »
I assume it will be safe to attend and not have to worry about a MPS brawl breaking out among the thugs and their families or does that only happen when MPS schools play at MPS facilities?

Such a necessary comment.  Thanks for adding to the conversation.

groove

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »
Such a necessary comment.  Thanks for adding to the conversation.

Just a safety question. Would ask the same thing about a Chicago Public League game. Being that it is only one MPS school and not at a MPS school, I'm assuming it won't be a problem.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »
Just a safety question. Would ask the same thing about a Chicago Public League game. Being that it is only one MPS school and not at a MPS school, I'm assuming it won't be a problem.

Yes, because there are brawls all the time at the Al. Granted there was small fight last year at the WIAA tournament, but it was a fight. Hell, when I was in HS, the Brookfield SWAT team was called to Ebel ice arena because there was a fight. They came in shot guns a blazing. Fights happen everywhere.
But I like to throw handfuls...

groove

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
Yes, because there are brawls all the time at the Al. Granted there was small fight last year at the WIAA tournament, but it was a fight. Hell, when I was in HS, the Brookfield SWAT team was called to Ebel ice arena because there was a fight. They came in shot guns a blazing. Fights happen everywhere.

Sorry didn't mean to burst the fantasy bubble. Nothing to see here. Move along, MPS is a great school system and there never is a safety concern at their games. Sorry to bring it up.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:13 PM »
Sorry didn't mean to burst the fantasy bubble. Nothing to see here. Move along, MPS is a great school system and there never is a safety concern at their games. Sorry to bring it up.

Well played, groove.  Well played.

LON

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
Just say Yes...to MPS

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »
believe it-- achieve it

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 12:39:42 PM »
To answer your original question, I think you would be fine.  First of all, it is off-site.  Second, King is a magnet type of high school so it hasn't had many of the same issues that other MPS schools have had because...well...their students give a damn.

groove

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
To answer your original question, I think you would be fine.  First of all, it is off-site.  Second, King is a magnet type of high school so it hasn't had many of the same issues that other MPS schools have had because...well...their students give a damn.

thanks

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
I think he broke his wrist so I don't htink he will be playing. I assume is out for the season, or at least awhile. Either way I'm excited to see Blue play.

I heard an interview with the Madison Memorial coach this morning on the 1250 AM radio and he made it sound like Junior we be playing in the game, but maybe I didn't hear it correctly.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »
I heard an interview with the Madison Memorial coach this morning on the 1250 AM radio and he made it sound like Junior we be playing in the game, but maybe I didn't hear it correctly.

Oh ok, I don't think I ever saw anything definitive, and if he is able to play that's great news for him. I remember hearing last year how he had the potential to be very special. Hopefully he doesn't have to miss too much time.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »
Heard the same interview with Memorial coach steve collins this AM and found it entertaining.  Collins is a UW hoops season ticket holder, but said he is worried that they are going to "burn an effigy of him" in front of the Kohl Center now that Vander has joined Jeronne and Wes as leaving madison for Marquette.

Said tickets for the Memorial-King game likely were just "sold" with Vander committing to MU. 

Said he just wants his players to be happy with where they choose college and he knows Vander couldn't be happier. 

Said Bo should think about going back to Platteville now that he is recruiting against Buzz

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »
I thought the Maymon's took Lomomba under their wings and are like family to him.  If that is the case, my guess is if MU wants him, they will be in a real good position to get him.

feedback