[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bo, so good for MU  (Read 2483 times)

avid1010

• All American
Bo, so good for MU
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
With the Blue commitment I can't help but think how good Bo is for MU basketball.  I don't like the guy, but I firmly believe he can coach.  I also firmly believe that his style of play is exactly the type of style you want to have to recruit against in your own state.  I don't think we would be taking Wes, Maymon and Blue out of Madison if someone like Stu Jackson were still at UW.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:16:38 PM by avid1010 »

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Bo, so good for MU
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
Bo is a helluva coach who worked hard coming up the ranks.   He'll probably hand MU its azz this year.   This may light a fire under Bo but yeah I'd say if Stu Jackson was coach this wouldn't of happened but then again Bucky wouldn't have won as much.   Hopefully Buzz is a better coach than Stu Jackson.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:25:44 PM »
I think UW is in for a slow steady decline as long as Bo sticks around, similar to Tom Davis and Gene Keady.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »
Bo is a helluva good coach from the xs and os point of view.  I mean, he won national championships at Platteville of all places, and really was the one that started the turnaround at UWM.  And I don't think they will decline like Davis did at Iowa - he's a better coach than that.

But he is going to constantly have a ceiling unless he recruits better.  He'll be able to pull off victories here and there like he did against Texas a couple of years ago, but you can't put together a series of wins without more talent.  A friend of mine who is a big UW guy says that he likes to wrap up his classes early with "good enough" type players and doesn't want to put a lot of the effort into it - doesn't want to run the elite camps or travel across the country.  In that respect, he's still very much like a D3 coach and not a coach that came up as a D1 assistant.

And yeah, I think he is *really* going to hand it to us this year.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
It was clear to me, from the Vander Blue interviews, that Blue was interested in playing that style of play.  While Bo will continue to get players like Butch, I think he'll continue to lose out on the Dieners, Novaks, Mathews, Maymons and Blues of the state.  I appreciate his coaching ability, but I question how many coaches could do similar if they wanted to play that style of BBall.  If that's the type of player and Bball they want to play they should have figured a way to keep Dick Bennett at UW.  I think Bo's just good enough to remain at UW until he wants to call it quits, and I think that's a great thing for MU.  I know many boosters at UW who are growing very tired of his recruits and ego.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »
Hist style will not allow him to go far in march.  Look at a list of teams that made it to the championship game.  They are consistently highly rated nationaly in points scored per game.  Madison is consistently below average.

feedback