[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Blue commits to MU  (Read 28472 times)

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Blue commits to MU
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »

It's a silly argument for both sides to use.  UW is more difficult to get into at this point than MU for the basic, everyday student.  (Mostly because every HS student in the state applies for admission.)  However, UW makes plenty of exceptions for athletes just like MU does.

And its a fraction of the cost...but yeah, normal acceptance standards aside, the argument about qualified athletes being turned away at UW is funny to read.  Morons.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
And its a fraction of the cost...but yeah, normal acceptance standards aside, the argument about qualified athletes being turned away at UW is funny to read.  Morons.

I get a kick out of that as well.  The argument is mute from the standpoint that they were still offering to Blue, so acceptance wasn't an issue.  Look no further than UW Football to realize how hard it must be to stay eligible.  I have a great deal of respect for the graduates that MU and UW produce, I really don't get why they go down that route; however, if I lost Wes, Maymon and Blue out of my backyard I'd probably throw a fit as well.   ;D

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »
Semi OT: Who is next on our list? We have SG and SF, lost our C. Black, anyone else?
Sorry, I'm a noob in the recruiting forums and was wondering how many spots we got left and who we could get for 2010 class.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
Semi OT: Who is next on our list? We have SG and SF, lost our C. Black, anyone else?
Sorry, I'm a noob in the recruiting forums and was wondering how many spots we got left and who we could get for 2010 class.
You sure are a n00b
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »
I thought he was going to be 22!  Wasn't that why Jeronne switched numbers?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:48:28 AM by rocky_warrior »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
You won't see anyone with 22 for a while......Jerel was the all-time leading scorer...they will save that for a while....a la 24

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »
Question:

I've never seen Blue play, just some highlights on youtube, and I read the article about him on IWB and some scouting reports, but if you HAD to categorize him, is he more of a PG or SG?

The recruiting sites I've checked out have him listed as a PG or SG...but I'm wondering if any of you that have seen him actually play think that he could legitimately play the point. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
I was just on the badger board, my first time, have they always been so high and mighty about their academics?  I know its a good school, but to say maymon and blue wouldn't have been accepted is comical....is it a secret in Madison that athletes get special treatment?  Has the basketball team ever turned away a qualified player?  My guess is many of the football players aren't the brightest of folks.

Remember, this is the same school and academics where John Clay is now on the honor roll.  For those clowns to ever make an academic argument belittling MU is the height of hypocrisy.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »
Question:

I've never seen Blue play, just some highlights on youtube, and I read the article about him on IWB and some scouting reports, but if you HAD to categorize him, is he more of a PG or SG?

The recruiting sites I've checked out have him listed as a PG or SG...but I'm wondering if any of you that have seen him actually play think that he could legitimately play the point. 

He played SG in high school.  Some are projecting him to be a PG in college because he isn't overly tall.  But he can shoot...and most definately can slash...well enough for SG.

My guess is that by the time they are juniors, Junior and Blue will be the starting backcourt and it will be a beast for other BE teams to deal with.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 07:59:04 AM »
You won't see anyone with 22 for a while......Jerel was the all-time leading scorer...they will save that for a while....a la 24

Aren't we retiring jerseys now, not numbers?    Despite G. Thompson's fit.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:08 AM »

He played SG in high school.  Some are projecting him to be a PG in college because he isn't overly tall.  But he can shoot...and most definately can slash...well enough for SG.

My guess is that by the time they are juniors, Junior and Blue will be the starting backcourt and it will be a beast for other BE teams to deal with.
[/quote

If Blue isn't a starter before his junior year I'll be shocked and disappointed. If Junior isn't it will mean he will have continuing injury problems.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »

Vander said in the Sports Bubbler interview that he talked with Buzz about his position.  Buzz told him if he plays he's going to get minutes and not to worry about position: he will play the point, shooting guard, and against small lineups might even see some time at the three.

I think a huge plus is that this takes a lot of pressure off Junior.  He can ease back into things, take some time to learn, and the minutes can come slowly instead of him being expected to be shouldering the load as the starting/full time point guard coming off his injury and seeing his first action.  And once he's back to full speed it will be fantastic as it seems he's the perfect player to be at the point when you have Vander at the two.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »

my guess is that next year they are both our starting back court, unless DJO or Buycks do really well playing out of position at the 1.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »
Great news. Would like to have the written commitment. He likes to change his mind.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/article_b1ff085e-bc41-11de-9daa-001cc4c03286.html

according to that his gramps won't let him back out this time, so you can finally take a breath.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

bma725

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 09:09:19 AM »
I thought he was going to be 22!  Wasn't that why Jeronne switched numbers?

Don't read much into the number in the picture.  Every recruit that comes to one of the Elite Camps gets their picture taken in an MU jersey, and the numbers are always the numbers of a current player. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
Great news. Would like to have the written commitment. He likes to change his mind.

I always had the impression that one of the main reasons he changed his mind was that someone at Wisconsin leaked information about a meeting that should have been confidential.  I really think that incident -- and the way he was treated in the press thereafter -- really soured him on being a badger.  I never believed he would return to UW after that incident.  I'm just glad he's coming to Marquette.

I also think that Buzz proved himself to Blue in his first year.  When Blue committed, Buzz was a complete unknown.  But Blue got a chance to see that he likes the "winning" style of basketball that Buzz's teams are going to play.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »
Best part of the interview:

"I'm going to leave with a degree," he said. "So if I don't have a career in basketball, I'll still be happy."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 09:52:50 AM »
I actually laughed out loud when I saw that UW's incoming class has been reduced to Evan Anderson and Josh Gasser.  A big stiff and a "gym rat" type of guard.  Good luck with that.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
A healthy Junior, who can really pass the ball, and Blue in the backcourt at the same time- omg - this could be a combo of combos!  THAT will be exciting bball!

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2009, 10:21:50 AM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=44294&season=2010
They really need to fix the last sentence in his May evaluation.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
A healthy Junior, who can really pass the ball, and Blue in the backcourt at the same time- omg - this could be a combo of combos!  THAT will be exciting bball!

Don't forget Blue's buddy, Jeronne! 

This team's gonna be sick.  I envy the freshmen and local alumni that will be able to see this team grow over the next years. 

After I graduate this December though, hopefully I'll be able to catch our guys playing at Georgetown! 

Where the DC area MU fam at??

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »
Don't forget Blue's buddy, Jeronne! 

This team's gonna be sick.  I envy the freshmen and local alumni that will be able to see this team grow over the next years. 

After I graduate this December though, hopefully I'll be able to catch our guys playing at Georgetown! 

Where the DC area MU fam at??

All of us DCers can be found at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern every televised game night.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »

He isn't overly tall, but he is by no means short either.  The friend of mine who talked to him at Marquette Madness is a legit 6'3" and Vander had a solid inch on him.  He's listed at 6'4" and I believe it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »
A 6' 4" guard on Marquette is a giant! LOL - 6'4" is a great size, and I think ahealthy Junior/Blue combo as said above would be dynamic!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »
We're a very good big man away from being set up nicely in the future.