[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jamial "eazy" Jones' facebook status....  (Read 15818 times)

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
Jamial "eazy" Jones' facebook status....
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »
Jamail Eazy Jones is chillin but we finna have another committment in the 2010 class...

WHO is he talking about? SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIND THIS OUT NOW!

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Jamial "eazy" Jones' facebook status....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
I posted this in the other thread.  It's Vander.

Big news.  Take this for what you want.  We went down onto the floor after Marquette Madness was over and talked to all of the recruits.  Before we did this my friend got a text from somebody who was sitting behind Blue that just said "Blue: 'I love it here.'"

We were then talking to players and I saw another friend of mine talking to Blue and he was having a long conversation with him.  He said the meat of the conversation went like this:
My friend: So do you have any plans for next year?
Vander: Yeah, I'm pretty much set on what I want to do.
My friend: What's that?
Vander: Marquette

This comes from a friend who likes to mess with me, but he was with a girl who vouched  for him and would not say that if it wasn't true.  Obviously he could've been just saying that because he knows we don't want to hear him say "I'm going to Wisconsin," but I would assume if he wasn't thinking of coming to Marquette he'd just say something like "I'm still weighing my options."

We talked to Tarik as well, and I'm not so confident in him.  He seemed pretty nervous and probably just wasn't comfortable telling some random stranger the inside scoop on his life, but it was just the general "I'm not leaning any way" type stuff, but he just didn't seem all that excited about it.  He was a very polite guy though.

Jamail Jones seems extremely excited to come in next year.  He was all smiles, said he loves everything about it and can deal with the cold, and that he can't wait to get here.  He shook all of our hands when we approached him and as we left.

LET'S GET BLUE!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:16:37 AM »
F yeah, that makes my week/month.
thanks for the update!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
This better not be a c*cktease!
SS Marquette

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »
Let's hope Vander signs a LOI to MU. Until that time, anything can happen. I was pretty certain Shumpert was headed to MU during his MM visit.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
Actually, i sat behind Iman at MM and thought he seemed virtually disinterested most of the time.  McFarland seemed more interested at his...but who knows, these are HS kids...it's tough to make this decision.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
I have heard other reports that said Vander wanted to stay close to home, but not play in Madison.  You just never know.  Believe it when he makes the announcement.  Everything else is just a guess.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »
He's coming to MU. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:43:49 PM »
He's coming to MU.
Is this confirmed?  I obviously think he is based on what he said last night, but I'd like some confirmation.  Can we expect an announcement of this before his visit to UW and a cancellation of that visit?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »
Is this confirmed?  I obviously think he is based on what he said last night, but I'd like some confirmation.  Can we expect an announcement of this before his visit to UW and a cancellation of that visit?

Nothing is confirmed until he says it...just my very strong opinion.  Solid education for him at MU.  Close to home, but not too close (gets him out of Madison).  Significant friends on the team.  De-committed from Wisconsin already.  Family in Milwaukee.  System of play allows him to play in a format he is more comfortable with.  Marquette has a great tradition of great guards.  Despite what the Badger fans are going to say, the episode a few months ago had to have some effect, how big I don't know, but that became very public and humiliating for the young man from his own backyard newspaper and the school he had verballed to.  He's a human being, it had to have an effect.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:12:31 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »
He also got a solid taste of what it's like to go to a basketball school, and it seems like that would be something he's into.  Midnight Madness is way too big a deal at MU to cancel; UW did so it could lose a hockey game.  And nobody would care about MM anyway since they all had to get up early to get drunk for the football game.  Even the Badger troll here had to mention he was/is planning to take his visit over "Halloween", as if another non-basketball event is supposed to entice him.  For someone who wants to be put in a great position to do well in school and become the best basketball player he can be, it only makes sense to go to the school where basketball isn't a sideshow to other sports/events that do nothing to make you a better player.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
My two friends and I waited around after everything was over and then went down to the side of the court and yelled for Vander.  When he looked up, I yelled to him and asked if he would take a picture with us.  Amazingly, he stopped what he was doing, said bye to a couple people and walked over to us.

He then asked the security guard if we could come down on the court for a picture with him.  The security guard said yeah (like he was going to say no?) and we got to say hi to him and take a picture with him.  We asked how the visit was going and he said "I love it here man, I really do."  We took the picture and told him good luck wherever he went.  I'll post the pic on here if I can.

Point being, it's amazing how humble such an amazing athlete can be.  Yes, he's 18 years old and was considered a God-send by everyone in the AL last night, but we were just three kids hoping for a picture, and he went out of his way to do so.

We were sitting behind him and Jones as well, and he was pointing out all the signs people had for him to his mom.  He and his mom were both laughing and they looked to be having a great time.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 02:02:04 PM »
I'm glad Jamail made it up. It's good for recruits to know the guys they would play with.....and to reaffirm that top talent is coming into this top 25 program.  I'm real excited to have Jamail. How many 6-6 guys are capable of defending a PG?!?!

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
I'm glad Jamail made it up. It's good for recruits to know the guys they would play with.....and to reaffirm that top talent is coming into this top 25 program.  I'm real excited to have Jamail. How many 6-6 guys are capable of defending a PG?!?!

It would be nice to have a highly skilled 5 star shooting guard playing next to an athletic 4 star small forward who can defend point guards.  Hopefully Blue ends up comitting, but this could mirror the Chicago Bulls formula from the 1990s.  (yes, I know that no one should really ever be compared to Pippen and Jordan, but it is still mirroring the style of play that we could see at the BC.)

BostonBaller

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »
After MM I was out on the town and ran into the Basketball team/ recruits. Jamil was just extacatic and clearly lovin the Basketball team level of status among the students. Blue seemed to like the status among students as well. Jamil told me Vander Blue is coming to play with him next year and to get excited! Well I am excited because I am now convinced.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:02:34 PM by rocky_warrior »

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 05:25:11 PM »
This would be awesome, but we have to wait until a NLOI is signed - but what excitement that will be.  Blue is a great kid and great player.  I really hoped he loved it at MU and I will pray that he commits here.  Until then, let's Go Marquette!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:56:25 PM by Daniel »

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
OFF TOPIC: I don't buy Bowen's excuse for decomitting.....he got scared off by the talented Jamail Jones.  I get the impression that Jones is more confident in his abilities.

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
OFF TOPIC: I don't buy Bowen's excuse for decomitting.....he got scared off by the talented Jamail Jones.  I get the impression that Jones is more confident in his abilities.

agreed.

syscokid

• Walk-On
  • Bo Cryan
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
I was on the floor after MM, and heard vander say it was Mu as well! i know until he signs his NLOI, it's not done. but unless he lies like crean, he's ours!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 08:32:05 PM »
Guys...

Let's not get too excited until we actually get a verbal and not just a bunch of comments from a 18 yo kid made just after a real exciting experience.  He changed his mind before, he could change it again.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
We must just wait and see - rumors do not mean anyting.  We need the young man to confirm himself if he has something to say at this point.  We are all hoping and praying that he, and other top recruits, come to Marquette.  I for one will continue hoping and praying.

This is sooooo hard to do!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:31:36 PM by Daniel »

rico49

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
Talked to Vander after he had his pic taken with a fan's sign, and told him that it would be great to call MU "memorial east", and he smiled and said "Marquette all the way!"  Also, he was pretty proud walking around in MU warm-ups.  We drove home giddy about the vibe, though we know to be patient.  Also, Tariq Black was having a great time talking to the crowd!

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »

I think there is a real strong connection between Layer and Bowen.  I read somewhere that Bowen was going to attend Liberty's version of midnight madness.

Wisc1L

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
You've got to respect Bowen going where he really wants to be. It doesn't help anyone if he didn't really want to be here the entire time. Bowen will have a great career at Liberty--if he chooses to go there--and we should all wish him well. Coach Layer, who served MU well last year, obviously has a great connection with the player and we should respect that.

As for Vander Blue, everyone needs to respect his decision making process. It is not for us to go on investigating every interaction and statement this player makes. It's up to him to control his process and we should let him go forward with it as he sees fit.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »
We must just wait and see - rumors do not mean anyting.  We need the young man to confirm himself if he has something to say at this point.  We are all hoping and praying that he, and other top recruits, come to Marquette.  I for one will continue hoping and praying.

This is sooooo hard to do!

I hope you are not really praying to God about something so unimportant.