[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Let the Wild Rumpus Start!  (Read 8155 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Let the Wild Rumpus Start!
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »
Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Rob Lowe)

(or... a flimsy excuse to link to the "Where the Wild Things Are" Trailer)

After a tortuously long off-season, in which the only news that popped up lately seemed to be bad news, College Basketball is back!  Now, with the proverbial "young but talented team", the Marquette community can enjoy the adventure that the 2009-2010 season will be.  That's right... tonight is Midnight Madness!

Check out GoMarquette.com for additional details.  As has been previously stated, the festivities kick off at 6 pm with a Women's Volleyball game, and then continues into Marquette Madness.  Doors open as early as 5 pm if you want, and Madness starts no later than 7:30.  If you are local, show up and you'll receive a free long sleeved t-shirt and a poster.  In this year's twist on the dunk contest, all the judges will be from the Milwaukee Bucks.  This includes none other than Assistant coach Jim Boylan, a former Marquette player and member of the 1977 National Championship squad (duh), as well as Charlie Bell, Joe Alexander and Brandon Jennings.  Give Alexander a healthy boo.  To get yourself ready, check out a sneak preview of the Marquette Madness video.

If you can't make it there, MUTV is streaming the event online.  Online fans will need to click on just one link to gain access to the complete event.  Here is the link for the web stream.  To build some hype for the event, MUTV has introduced a new TV reporter (it's actually a minute-long clip from Joe Fulce and some other guys).

Andy Katz gives what is one of the better previews on Marquette.  It is cautiously optimistic about the season.  You've got to read it.  Rosiak also mentions it too in his blog post, but his focus is on the Blue Ribbon grades for Marquette (Backcourt: B-minus, Bench/Depth: B-minus, Frontcourt: B, Intangibles: C).  If you are an ESPN Insider Subscriber, you can read the full information here.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2009/10/let-wild-rumpus-start.html

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Let the Wild Rumpus Start!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »
I just called and verified that the Women's Volleyball game before MM is free.

Doors open at 5pm
VBall starts at 6pm
MM starts ?? before 7:30

The food at the Al better be good, this will be my first time heading over there.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
Is it wrong that I'm disappointed the article didn't explain whose nickname was "the Wild Rumpus" and make an argument for why they should start this season?

edit: it's Frozena, isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:49:46 AM by dsfire »

bma725

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »
Is it wrong that I'm disappointed the article didn't explain whose nickname was "the Wild Rumpus" and make an argument for why they should start this season?

edit: it's Frozena, isn't it?

Rob "The Wild Rumpus" Frozena.  That's got a nice ring to it.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:57:28 AM »
you know what?  You are right.  Let us make a tighter link between the headline and the article.  I was worried it would be too hokey.

The entire Marquette team = The Wild Things

Max is either Buzz or every one of us

and dsfire, you may have just given Frozena the most awesome nickname ever.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:06:26 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Let the Wild Rumpus Start!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Rob Lowe)

UPDATED

(or... a flimsy excuse to link to the "Where the Wild Things Are" Trailer)

After a tortuously long off-season, in which the only news that popped up lately seemed to be bad news, College Basketball is back!  Now, with the proverbial "young but talented team", the Marquette community can enjoy the adventure that the 2009-2010 season will be.  That's right... tonight is Midnight Madness!

Here's your flimsy link between "Where the Wild Things Are" and this year's basketball season.  The classic story, with minimal words, is essentially a tale of how children master feelings.  Well, I don't know about you, but I have all kinds of feelings about his season, including hope, fear, excitement, and disappointment.  This year could go all kinds of different directions.  In addition, as the trailer linked above suggests, inside each one of us is the same hope, fear, and adventure.  Flimsy link #1 is that each of us represents Max on our adventure through the season.  Midnight Madness is the beginning of our Wild Rumpus.  (Plus, I kind of like thinking of this year's team as the Wild Things from the classic tale, but don't have enough hubris to believe that nickname is either valid or going to stick.)

However, after initially posting, MUScoop.com reader dsfire was disappointed that we didn't explain whose nickname was The Wild Rumpus or why he should start... and then suggested it be Frozena.  So there you go... flimsy link #2 Rob Frozena is "The Wild Rumpus".  Let the Wild Rumpus Start!  

Regardless of which Wild Rumpus you want to start tonight, Check out GoMarquette.com for additional details on the Madness.  As has been previously stated, the festivities kick off at 6 pm with a Women's Volleyball game, and then continues into Marquette Madness.  Doors open as early as 5 pm if you want, and Madness starts no later than 7:30.  If you are local, show up and you'll receive a free long sleeved t-shirt and a poster.  In this year's twist on the dunk contest, all the judges will be from the Milwaukee Bucks.  This includes none other than Assistant coach Jim Boylan, a former Marquette player and member of the 1977 National Championship squad (duh), as well as Charlie Bell, Joe Alexander and Brandon Jennings.  Give Alexander a healthy boo.  To get yourself ready, check out a sneak preview of the Marquette Madness video.

If you can't make it there, MUTV is streaming the event online.  Online fans will need to click on just one link to gain access to the complete event.  Here is the link for the web stream.  To build some hype for the event, MUTV has introduced a new TV reporter (it's actually a minute-long clip from Joe Fulce and some other guys).  In this clip, Fulce calls Frozena "Peter Parker", which is actually pretty funny.  Evidently Fulce has not heard that Frozena's real nickname is "The Wild Rumpus".

Andy Katz gives what is one of the better previews on Marquette.  It is cautiously optimistic about the season.  You've got to read it.  Rosiak also mentions it too in his blog post, but his focus is on the Blue Ribbon grades for Marquette (Backcourt: B-minus, Bench/Depth: B-minus, Frontcourt: B, Intangibles: C).  If you are an ESPN Insider Subscriber, you can read the full information here.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2009/10/let-wild-rumpus-start.html

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »
What time can I expect the karate , ATV, hyperbaric chamber, and DWade parts of the program to begin? Now, will Boylan be wearing IU shorts too?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
[This includes none other than Assistant coach Jim Boylan, a former Marquette player and member of the 1977 National Championship squad (duh), as well as Charlie Bell, Joe Alexander and Brandon Jennings.  Give Alexander a healthy boo.  

Oh come on...

He's not a bad guy...just over his head when it comes to NBA basketball.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

Oh come on...

He's not a bad guy...just over from BE rival West Virginia his head when it comes to NBA basketball.

who cares about the Bucks?
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »

Oh come on...

He's not a bad guy...just over his head when it comes to NBA basketball.

I'm assuming that Chicos called for the booing because he went to West Virginia, not because of what he does playing in the pros.

Marq

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
Is anyone else interested to see how Maymons father acts during the season? Cause if I remember correctly he created a lot of controversy over at Memorial High School last year. Should be interesting to see.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
Is anyone else interested to see how Maymons father acts during the season? Cause if I remember correctly he created a lot of controversy over at Memorial High School last year. Should be interesting to see.

He and Freeway can be buddies.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »
I'm assuming that Chicos called for the booing because he went to West Virginia, not because of what he does playing in the pros.

I'm all for blaming lots of things on Chicos :), but Rob=Henry Sugar(One of the CS Authors).  Just ya know, for clarification.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
I'm all for blaming lots of things on Chicos :), but Rob=Henry Sugar(One of the CS Authors).  Just ya know, for clarification.

Oh man... I blame it on work driving me to drink   :P

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »
Oh man... I blame it on work driving me to drink   :P

Just don't drive to work drunk and you'll be fine.  And if you want to boo him for being from West Virginia, I'm fine with that. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »

Ah...makes sense.

feedback