'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Uh oh.....this is so not good....  (Read 54428 times)

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: Uh oh.....this is so not good....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »
Quote from: MYSELF
Monterale Clark possibly is a rape suspect...yeah, that is very bad.

So what happens now?  He didn't sign yet, did he?  I think we end up dropping him and going after Derosiers and Walker.

I agree...everyone deserves forgiveness and redemption if they work towards it...but I also wish him luck elsewhere.  

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:58:51 PM by LLRj Since 1986 »

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
I wish him well at a University other than Marquette....Perhaps Minnesota?

However, he deserves a second chance somewhere else but not Marquette after he serves his penalty...Even if his excuse was that he was only present and does not get convicted of a crime.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:32:24 PM by Knight Commission »

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »
To even be linked to a situation like this is very concerning.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »

He deserves a second chance...Even if his excuse was that he was only present and does not get charged with a crime.

Should this be in teal?  He was charged.

I doubt he ever wears a MU uniform unless somehow the charges against him are dropped.  That means we now have three available next year.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:48 PM »

He deserves a second chance...Even if his excuse was that he was only present and does not get charged with a crime.

This is a very serious offense, anyone who is involved in a raping does not deserve a second chance. This is a very terrible crime to commit. If he observed it and didnt stop it or at the very least report it then he is just as guilty in my mind. Plus he is being charged with the actual raping, not the observing.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
Are you kidding with wishing him luck?  If he did this I hope he rots in prison.  If he raped or assisted in raping that girl he is the lowest form of life and doesn't deserve a second chance.  This isn't failing a class or stealing some money or even a car,it isn't anything like that , its rape.  Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not get paroled.  Congratulations you've thrown your life away, but if you would do that, you were already a waste of organs that would be better used donated to anyone else.
I know this is all alleged right now that's why I said if, if the charges are dropped... I'll gladly retract this statement.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
Guess we won't see the next great 6'10" small forward.

In seriousness, wow.   The fact these kids can screw up their great hand in life is crazy.   I feel bad for the girl if true and we don't need someone of that character coming to the MU community.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:45:46 PM by Stone Cold »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »
Which is worse, this recruiting mistake or Roseboro? Holy cripes what a disaster.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 07:54:19 PM »
This is why many programs dont go after jucos.   

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
I feel bad for the girl first and foremost, that's the real disaster.

We really didn't have a heck of a lot invested in Clark and I'd be more pissed at Buzz if the kid was in our "custody" and acting illegally/immorally.   Nothing we can do when the man(boy) is in Texas 1200 miles away.    

Roseboro is a misjudgement of talent.   As long as Buzz produces good men and graduates his player and wins I have no problem if he essentially kicks untalented guys off the team.  

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »
He's done. In the affidavit he is the one that is accused of raping her with his penis. Clark denies this charge, but admits that he fingered her:

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/20091659SexAssaultClarkWA.doc.

What an idiot. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »
Okay, unnatural carnal knowledge what I said earlier...

I hope he gets castrated.  I skimmed through the article VERY QUICKLY and was doing a couple other things at the same time and somehow didn't realize the gravity of the issue...

Monterale Clark is unnatural carnal knowledgeing scum.

This should most definitely open up the scholarship he would have taken...and basketball really is a small matter in this case...I'm praying for the poor girl...but I hope this opens up the possibility of picking up Derosiers, who would have been the better player anyways, and also Maurice Walker, the big body to bang down low (in the none-scumbag way).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Cut him loose.   Good riddance.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »
This may not be a popular opinion, but I'm a little concerned about the recruiting trend... getting away from academics a bit.  I'm all for athleticism and talent, but there were red flags big time with Clark from the get go.... transferring high schools and then not even being able to finish his senior year at Pius for disciplinary reasons.  Eerily similar to the Mbakwe situation.  I hope justice is served and our young coach can learn from this.  Character is important too.  

5YearsatMU

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »
This may not be a popular opinion, but I'm a little concerned about the recruiting trend... getting away from academics a bit.  I'm all for athleticism and talent, but there were red flags big time with Clark from the get go.... transferring high schools and then not even being able to finish his senior year at Pius for disciplinary reasons.  Eerily similar to the Mbakwe situation.  I hope justice is served and our young coach can learn from this.  Character is important too.  

Agreed.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
Cut him loose.   Good riddance.   

Agreed. The first thing up on GoMarquette.com tomorrow morning better be a press release from Buzz Williams stating that his scholarship has been revoked.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »
Adios, MF'er and the golden goose you rode in on. Another in a long list of privileged who somehow find a way to F-up prosperity.
I'm all for scrutinizing a recruit's character in addition to his basketball skills. Don't want dudes like this wearing my alma mater's name on his jersey regardless if he supposed to be the second coming of Jordan, Jabbar, or Wade.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »
Damn.   There went the moral high ground with the Badgers.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »

If it's not a popular opinion, it should be. Anybody who wants to sell the university's integrity for a post presence is a no brain. Some of you lauded the distribution of recruiting classes via the JUCO route as some kind of genius manuever by Buzz. If it was that good of an idea, others would do it. We cannot have recruits accused of raping people. Marquette University is mentioned in that article.

It's simple, place a maximum on the number of JUCOS. Two would be a good start. I don't care how bare the cupboard was...bring in 5 freshman. Having 5, 6 or even 7 JUCOS is a recipe for disaster. You can pretend kids go to JUCOs because they were overlooked, but you'd be delusional. They go there because they're academic or behavioral risks.

This should be looked at as a  blessing for Marquette basketball.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »

Really? That is what you care about right now?

You have a sad life.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »
If it's not a popular opinion, it should be. Anybody who wants to sell the university's integrity for a post presence is a no brain. Some of you lauded the distribution of recruiting classes via the JUCO route as some kind of genius manuever by Buzz. If it was that good of an idea, others would do it. We cannot have recruits accused of raping people. Marquette University is mentioned in that article.

It's simple, place a maximum on the number of JUCOS. Two would be a good start. I don't care how bare the cupboard was...bring in 5 freshman. Having 5, 6 or even 7 JUCOS is a recipe for disaster. You can pretend kids go to JUCOs because they were overlooked, but you'd be delusional. They go there because they're academic or behavioral risks.

There are differences between full qualifiers like DJO...and partial qualifiers whose troubles were academic like Butler and Buycks.  Clark was an academic and behavioral risk.

This is the second high profile mistake that Buzz has made.  And this one is going to hurt more than the Roseboro one.  And if Buzz doesn't have this yanked within 24 hours, my respect for him starts going downhill.

Buzz4Prez

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 08:36:14 PM »

this should be the last thing on anyone's mind. This is not a joking matter what so ever, some girl's whole world has been destroyed by this terrible act.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
Damn.   There went the moral high ground with the Badgers.    

Then again, he was just a commit, whereas the other two were actually ON the team.

With that little asterisk in place, Glover and Taylor are a million times better than the Scumbag that is clark.  So those two guys stole a few personal belongings...oh well. 

Clark RAPED a girl...that is unacceptable.  unnatural carnal knowledge the UW/MU moral high ground beef...the poor young woman is the victim, and monterale is the POS that needs to get Shawshank Redemption'ed in the showers

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
Since he is not on scholarship and has not signed a LOI Marquette cannot comment on him so there will be no mention of this on the MU website.

Its safe to assume he will never play for Marquette and Rosiak will confirm that in short order I would imagine.

feedback