[June 10, 2024, 10:30:14 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: AL Central Pissing match  (Read 12684 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: AL Central Pissing match
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »
Punto eff'd up.

Twins are ready to score in the top of the 10th!!!  WIN TWINS!

Blackburn and Porcini's both pitched well.. whew.  Early on I thought Detroit may have their way with Blacky.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
Twins should win this one now.   Detroit's huge weakness all year is the clutch hit.   You saw that early today.  So typical.    Punto's best hope was to foul the squeeze attempt off.   No way he gets that pitch on the ground.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 01:55:27 PM »
Nathan has caused thousands of heart attacks for Minnesota fans over the past several weeks.  It's traumatic to watch him lately. 

UGH>.. c'mon fellas...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »
Yeah baby.  Twins take the first of 4.

.. Wonder if Nathan would be ready for an inning tonight? -- Although I agree.  Every time I watch that guy pitch, it's rarely a Snapper-mow-em-down 1-2-3 inning.   He always gets himself into a jam, then works out. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »
Rodney has been trying our souls all year.    Fun game to watch, lousy ending.   I had a feeling at the time that not sending Thomas on Cabrera's hit would cost us and it did.   Watching Detroit try to get a clutch hit with runner's in scoring position is like watching Marcus Jackson shooting a free throw.   Abysmal.   Has been all year.   If I had a dollar for every time they have stranded runners at third with nobody out, I could get us all very drunk.       Ah, the joys of pennant races. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 05:34:22 PM »
(cough) Sports Illustrated Cover Jinx (cough)

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »
I'll be happy with one more tiger victory this series, then hope Grienke can play spoiler this weekend.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
Good luck vs. NY.  Granderson needs to be on a broadcast team immediately.  He's phenomenal.  He may be the best color man in sports broadcasting ever if/when he goes into broadcasting.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »
Good luck vs. NY.  Granderson needs to be on a broadcast team immediately.  He's phenomenal.  He may be the best color man in sports broadcasting ever if/when he goes into broadcasting.

If I remember correctly he was actually on one channel's pre and post game shows during the post season.  He is a VERY quality individual, and well spoken at that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »
NY should pound us.    But anything can happen in a short series.   I would like to clinch today so that we can rest Inge and set up our rotation for the Yankees.    Going to have to get great pitching and hope for enough hitting. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
There should be a new rule in baseball .. when your team is playing NY or Boston in the post-season, they can take any make up a roster of all-stars from inside the division.

So the Tigers can have Joe Mauer on loan for October.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
NY should pound us.    But anything can happen in a short series.   I would like to clinch today so that we can rest Inge and set up our rotation for the Yankees.    Going to have to get great pitching and hope for enough hitting. 

If Verlander wins game one, Tigers in 4.  Heard it here first

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 07:09:20 AM »
Looking like a bad remake of the martial arts epic " Slumping Tiger choking dog".

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
What a race.  Comes down to the last day of the season.  Amazing.  Even if my Twins don't pull it off .. great ending for the year, and for the Dome.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
Well fellas.. let's chat again Tuesday evening.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »
We are so friggin erratic offensively.    If I had to place a large bet, it would be on the Twins.   We could have one of our hot days, but I do not like our chances.   

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »
It's hard to bet against the Twins.  They are just plain hot right now.   What, winners of 16 of the last 20?   Plus they are at home, potentially the last Dome game ever .. a lot to play for.

Of course, it all comes down to pitching.   So who knows.

What is cool though, is that the center of the NFL and MLB universe will be in Minnesota both Monday and Tuesday.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 11:32:38 PM »
I am a CWS fan and I thought the Twins deserved to host the one game playoff last year due to head to head record. However, I think that the Tigers deserve to host the one game playoff if the Twins can't host on the proper date. The weather has been cold overall in the North and I don't think the playoffs should be delayed. I hate the Humpdome but I also think it is stupid that the Twins are building an outdoor stadium. The CWS are on the outside looking in but it has been fun  watching the division go down to the last day and more!

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
Is it just me or does the media enjoy jinxing Detroit teams in critical moments? First it was the wings and their "impossible to overcome" lead in the SCF.  Then it was that "no team has come back from a 3 Game deficit with 4 to go". Now it's "even though it's hard to bet against the twins at home, I think the tigers put it together at the right time to make the playoffs".  It's almost like its a running joke at ESPN now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »
And don't forget the SI cover about what a great franchise the Tigers are and what a samaritan Mike Ilitch is.    No jinx there.     BTW, I hope some people that Cabrera will listen to sit his a$$ down over the winter, chew it for awhile, and tear him a new one.    WTF was he thinking?   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:39:03 PM by tower912 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:32 PM »
Looks bad for the Twins so far .. Baker is far outclassed in the pitching category.   We're lucky we're down only 2.  Surprised they let him pitch the 5th.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
Wow.  Can't believe they yanked Porcello in the 5th with 2 outs.  He was mowing us down, just got a little unlucky with 1 HR.    Can't believe they have someone in the bullpen who will be as effective.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
We don't.   Leyland doesn't want to let his starter get beat.    For better or for worse.   No clutch hitting.     Rrrrrrrr.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »
Microcosm.   Get a lead, try to hold it without doing anything to improve it, get caught by you guys.     

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »
Can you believe this?  163rd game, tiebreaker, and it's TIED in the 8th inning.

If this goes extra innings, I suggest they play rock paper scissors and get it over with.

Edit: tied in the 9th, 10th each score a run to tie, play at the plate to send it to 11th.  Unreal, unreal.

What a game!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:04:46 PM by mu_hilltopper »