[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cadougan Cleared...  (Read 17480 times)

hdog1017

• Team Captain
Re: Cadougan Cleared...
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »
Let's all be happy that our young men can play college basketball at Marquette.  Hopefully they will be good at it. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
so you can just redshirt as many times as you want without repercussions?

No, you get 5 years to play 4 years of sports.  So you have one redshirt year to use which can be used for academic reasons, developmental reasons, transfer, injury etc.

If it was medical you do have the option to appeal and they can grant you an extra playing year, but only if you played less than a certain portion of your schedule before your injury occurred.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »
I know - I should have used teal for that question, all I was trying to say is if you have used your redshirt BEFORE you transfer, then you CANNOT redshirt your transfer year and it would come out of the 4 years you have to play (unless you can appeal for medical reason).  Anyway, I think we're on the same page and its simply a matter of interpretation as translation can get lost on blogs.

Having said that - great to hear Cadougan cleared and hope he's on campus soon.  And here's to hoping Mbao's amateur issue gets settled soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
translation can get lost on blogs.

You're on a forum.

Cracked Sidewalks is a blog... albeit an atypical blog since it has more than one author, but that's neither here nor there.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
You're on a forum.

Cracked Sidewalks is a blog... albeit an atypical blog since it has more than one author, but that's neither here nor there.

Thank you for clearing that up

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »

I think you are being a little overblown here.  As bma pointed out, just letting them in without a thorough review isn't a good thing.  And secondly, what did they really miss?  A few pick up games over the summer.  No biggie in the grand scheme.

The clearninghouse is busy with fall sports.  I'm glad they got them in prior to the semester starting.
Personally I think they missed a lot by not being on campus and getting used to a new setting prior to the fall semester.  I agree that it shouldn't hurt them overall in the "grand scheme" for their entire college careers, but it puts them behind for their first year on campus.  I believe they should still go under review, but be allowed to be on campus while they are waiting the process.  If Marquette believes they should have no problem clearing the review process, what's the negative?  This would allow them to look at football first as you mentioned and then move on to basketball.
"We have the blues on the run!"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
Personally I think they missed a lot by not being on campus and getting used to a new setting prior to the fall semester.  I agree that it shouldn't hurt them overall in the "grand scheme" for their entire college careers, but it puts them behind for their first year on campus.  I believe they should still go under review, but be allowed to be on campus while they are waiting the process.  If Marquette believes they should have no problem clearing the review process, what's the negative?  This would allow them to look at football first as you mentioned and then move on to basketball.

Please please please, lets not turn this missed 2 months of SUMMER into a patented Tom Crean built in excuse.  If we suck next year I'm sure we can come up with a flu excuse.  We don't need the missed excuse.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 07:50:42 AM »

Please please please, lets not turn this missed 2 months of SUMMER into a patented Tom Crean built in excuse.  If we suck next year I'm sure we can come up with a flu excuse.  We don't need the missed excuse.

Cosign +1000000.  As soon as I heard "player X missing summer" .. I thought "well, there's your excuse for the year."

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »
I'm just annoyed by the rule.  I'm not smart enough to lay ground work for future excuses. ;)
"We have the blues on the run!"

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
im sorry, im gonna feel like an idiot...but what does IWB stand for? I keep seeing it as a source for a lot of this news but I can't figure out what it is. Thanks.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
Its a nickname....stands for Irritated White Boy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
Its a nickname....stands for Irritated White Boy.

Didn't that get changed on Sports Bubbler to Irritated Wisconsin Boy?  I can't imagine Irritated White Boy would be tolerated in today's PC age, especially at a place like the JS.  I hope it still stands for Irritated White Boy, that was his original monicker and hopefully they let him keep it that way.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »
Didn't that get changed on Sports Bubbler to Irritated Wisconsin Boy?  I can't imagine Irritated White Boy would be tolerated in today's PC age, especially at a place like the JS.  I hope it still stands for Irritated White Boy, that was his original monicker and hopefully they let him keep it that way.

He could always simply change the meaning of "white" from skin color to the non-yolk portion of an egg. :)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:15 AM »
He could always simply change the meaning of "white" from skin color to the non-yolk portion of an egg. :)

White means skin color? I guess he could call himself Irritated 100% Reflective Boy -- I1RB?  Irritated Light Grey Boy (ILGB)?  I met him though, I and definitely wouldn't call him Irritated Fresh Snow Boy (IFSB).

A color without hue at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to black. A white surface reflects light of all hues completely and diffusely. Most so-called whites are very light grays: fresh snow, for example, reflects about 80 percent of the incident light, but to be strictly white, snow would have to reflect 100 percent of the incident light. It is the ultimate limit of a series of shades of any color.