collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Browns’ Manziel Apologizes for Behavior After Release From Rehab  (Read 682 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Hey Brown's fans ... feel better?

-------------------------------------

(Bloomberg) -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel apologized for past shortcomings after being released from a rehabilitation program and said he intends to work hard to “regain everyone’s trust and respect.”
Manziel, 22, spent two months in the rehabilitation program, which specializes in alcohol and drug addiction treatment. Neither Manziel nor the Browns have specified the type of treatment he received after his rookie National Football League season.

“I owe private apologies to a lot of people that I disappointed, but a very public one to the Browns organization and the fans that I let down,” Manziel said in a statement. “I take full responsibility for my actions.”
Manziel, who won the 2012 Heisman Trophy as college football’s top player, started two games for the Browns as a rookie. In the first, a 30-0 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, he threw for 80 yards and two interceptions. In the second, a 17-13 loss to the Carolina Panthers, he left in the first half after completing three passes for 32 yards.

Manziel faced numerous off-field controversies in addition to his on-field struggles, including being disciplined by the Browns for oversleeping the day before the team’s season finale. The Northeast Ohio Media Group reported that Manziel said he had partied too hard the previous night.

Manziel said he understands that it will take time to regain trust from teammates and fans, and that it will happen through his actions, not his statements. He also asked that his privacy be respected, saying he understands there’s a lot of curiosity, but that its an ongoing personal process.

Manziel may compete with Josh McCown for the starting quarterback job in Cleveland.

“I look forward to seeing my teammates next week,” said Manziel, “And focusing on football and my desire to be the best possible player, teammate, and man that I can be.”