[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: A look at the Wiki  (Read 7325 times)

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
A look at the Wiki
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:59:11 PM »
First off, great job to all who have contributed.  The Men's basketball section is constantly growing.   Hopefully the Wiki will be the preemenient site for all MU info.

With that said, I'm a huge fan of the Bars section.  I'm not ashamed to admit that it's the greatest source of nostalgia for me.  So, I will make the call once again...   Please add your words and photos to any bar (even if they consist of mostly people shots).

I lived in the 'Lanche, so I added much.  But I also loved OD's for the year and a half I was there before it closed.  However, I think others would be more qualified to make the OD entry than myself.  So please do!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: A look at the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:47 AM »
I enjoyed adding McCaskill's bio to the Wiki. Though I need to add a pic (HELP ME!). It was fun doing research about him...took me about 4-5 hours to do it! I didn't know he tested positive for steroids (or steroid-like agents).  :-\

Next up, I'd like to do Nnamaka (fan fave during the "hard years"), Tony Miller (one of my fave players), and Scott Merritt.
SS Marquette

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:14:38 AM »
Looks great!  Didn't know about the steroids either.. disappointing... wonder what he's been doing since early last year?  Just looking through his career signings my first thought was holy crap this guy used his passport and then some!

I added a few pictures (just do a google image and altavista image search and you'll usually find a few).  Also added his debut stats (the basketball reference is a good site for finding this stuff).
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »
Spiral...thanks. How do I add images to the Wiki? There are no source codes listed so I figured they'd have to be stored images on the MUScoop server.
SS Marquette

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »
Spiral...thanks. How do I add images to the Wiki? There are no source codes listed so I figured they'd have to be stored images on the MUScoop server.

right above the edit window is a little icon with a picture frame.. click that.. it should pop up a new window that allows you to upload a picture.  Once you browse and select a file, select upload and it should show up in the list of available pictures.  Click on the picture and it should be inserted where your cursor was in the edit window.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »
Spiral,

Thanks. I'm going to upload some nice vintage and HTF MU pics.  ;D

Check out McCaskill, George Thompson, Allie, and Gary Brell.
SS Marquette

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 09:22:27 AM »
Here's his NBA bio page.  Other "recent" players (Crawford, McIllvaine, etc.) can be found using the same URL template.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/amal_mccaskill/

feedback