Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So what is the real story behind "Freeway"  (Read 11694 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: So what is the real story behind "Freeway"
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 11:23:54 AM »
I figured that when I looked at the Twitter postings.

Think the Bucks question is fake as well? I want to think it is real, but I think 75% of the people on this board would know how to word a question (or 5) to make it look like Freeway.

Nope real conversation with Freeway, senior year of college at Caffery's in 2002 maybe at about 5pm in the afternoon.

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
His mom actually died this past year.  How do I know this??  Well as a bouncer during my college years I made the fatal mistake of talking to him.  He would never leave me alone, and still to this day if he sees me I can't get rid of him.  My friend as a joke gave him my number, and he calls or texts me at least once a week.  I have him in my phone as "do not answer."  This began over 15 years ago..

Exact same thing with me, he leaves me messages and I have his number saved as Do Not Answer, but he keeps getting new numbers... he keeps asking me when are we going to hang out

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
Freeway has been calling my home for at least 15 years...maybe more. It goes in spurts but the calls almost always come after I've gone to sleep.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
Schubert, Sweenz, and PRN:  please call Freeway and ask him about the legend...did he ever get hit by a vehicle and make a settlement for tickets?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »
That isn't true. I don't know about his mother but I know his Dad lives in Racine...or at least he used to. Freeway used to ask me to come down and stay with the two of them.

Never did take him up on it.

I also remember him believing a story in the April 1, 1989 (?) edition of Marquette "Fibune" that stated the Warriors has signed a 7'7" Big Foot who averaged like 60 points and hauled down 32 rebounds a game. He was all excited about this signee.

I also know that, even under O'Neill, he was allowed in the athletic offices to watch films.