'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Recruit wrapup: Brett Roseboro  (Read 10186 times)

The Man in Gold

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Recruit wrapup: Brett Roseboro
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
The new Pittsnoggle?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:45:22 AM by Travis Diener's Punching Bag »
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »
Wiz,

Did I strike a nerve?  My post was about your post on Roseboro and Marquette basketball  Therefore, I intend to ignore your suggestion that I remain quiet.

Good for you.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
Wiz,

I was trying to make a point, using rather pointed humor, about what some adults think is appropriate to post about student-athletes (in this case one who is still in high school) especially if they know little or nothing about them.  

He is just a kid who was expressing disappointment in his play and effort at times.  He did not suggest that was going to be SOP for him; instead, it was clear -- at least to me -- that he was going to use it as a learning experience.

Finally, just so you know, I do not intend to take this any further.  So take another shot -- heck, take several if it makes you feel better -- at me, and I will consider us even.  

But let me close by paraphrasing Oklahoma State football coach, Mike Gundy:

"Let me tell you why I want to talk about this [post]. Three-fourths of this is inaccurate. Fiction. And this [post] embarrasses me to be involved with [MUScoop].”    ***

"Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40 [-something]!!!"

"Don’t write about a kid that does everything right; h[e is excited about playing for Marquette and getting his degree]! And then [screen name Wiz of West Salem] sa[id] that he was [lazy]!"

"You let [Buzz and his staff] make that decision!"

"That’s all I’ve got to say. It makes me want to puke."   ;D

Peace.

*** Moderators, just kidding I love your site.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:00:15 PM by Coach Norman Dale »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 11:59:11 AM »
Could Roseboro be our Harangody? Just asking?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
Wiz,

I was trying to make a point, using rather pointed humor, about what some adults think is appropriate to post about student-athletes (in this case one who is still in high school) especially if they know little or nothing about them.  

He is just a kid who was expressing disappointment in his play and effort at times.  He did not suggest that was going to be SOP for him; instead, it was clear -- at least to me -- that he was going to use it as a learning experience.

Finally, just so you know, I do not intend to take this any further.  So take another shot -- heck, take several if it makes you feel better -- at me, and I will consider us even.  

But let me close by paraphrasing Oklahoma State football coach, Mike Gundy:

"Let me tell you why I want to talk about this [post]. Three-fourths of this is inaccurate. Fiction. And this [post] embarrasses me to be involved with [MUScoop].”    ***

"Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40 [-something]!!!"

"Don’t write about a kid that does everything right; h[e is excited about playing for Marquette and getting his degree]! And then [screen name Wiz of West Salem] sa[id] that he was [lazy]!"

"You let [Buzz and his staff] make that decision!"

"That’s all I’ve got to say. It makes me want to puke."   ;D

Peace.

I will just point out that, ironically, the guy that Gundy was talking about ended up transferring. 

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 05:33:13 AM »
I hope he ends up as the next Jimmy Butler...you know, the last guy people on this site said would be a waste of a scholarship.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »
CND, let it go.

its his opinion, and I can say that I share his views.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
Guys, if you are going to have a one-on-one p!ssing contest, do it on another link or something.

As for Roseboro, you can look at it two ways. Some can say he's doomed to failure since he already said he took plays off. Others can say that he has the awareness to admit his shortcomings and learn from them.

My personaly take is that you had a kid that busted his arse against really tough competition, then got rewarded for that (scholarship to MU instead of going to Prairie View A&M or something). So in light of that, if he took a few plays off or had a couple bad games...as much as I may not want to read about that as an MU fan, it sounds to me like he's human...and a kid.

He's obviously learned from whatever shortcomings he's had and stepped it up against tough competition.

I'm hoping for the best and like you guys said, Izzo seems to get use from these players (so does Bo Ryan). It's all about the system that he's put in and having a coach that uses them to his best ability.

From what I've read, to me he sounds like a low-post defender and rebounder and one that comes out to the elbow off picks offensively for short jumpers. If he improves with his back to the hoop, that'll be even better.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »
I guess another way to look at it is that we can't have 10 starters all expecting time.

role players are important too.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
Maybe I'm a wide eyed optimist, but....

I think the kid realizes he's got to step it up and acknowledges that.....a good thing

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
It's interesting that he did better against tougher competition.  I would surmise that with better competition he didn't get double/tripled teamed.  Most AAU, or teams that play in these high level basketball tournements, each team has 3-4 players that can really play, so his opponents couldn't double/triple team him.  He was able to play his natural positon (a face-up 4) and make plays.

He sounds like a guy that can exploit his man one-on-one, hopefully Buzz is assembling a roster where opponents can't double team anyone.   

redbirdwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
I believe that Roseboro will be the first Buzz recruit to change majors.  I got this directly from my niece's boyfriend's neighbor's florist's butcher's cousin, who once ate Quaker Oats, so it's got to be correct.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
His numbers at HS against his level of competition are a bit of a worry point, but it sounds like he played pretty well in those tournaments Rosiak mentioned. Plus we have no idea what type of talent he was working with on his HS team. I played high school basketball I my own performance was definitely linked to the guys who were on the floor with me.

At my high school, they've had 3 Mr Basketballs in the last four years, and mediocre team success, zero titles, etc.  In that particular case, everybody back home knows it's poor coaching, but, it supports the above post, and I completely agree.   

feedback