[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 644669 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1925 on: April 19, 2020, 10:19:04 AM »
If you're in MKE and looking for a nice sour... I picked up a 4 pack of Fruit Salad Berliner from Vennture yesterday. Really well done... Nice tartness, not too sweet, and really soft on the palate.

Alphabetical Order from Company Brewing is another nice one. Pink Guava gose. I've been trying to support the breweries who aren't doing much in distro, since their taproom business is such a huge part of what they do.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #1926 on: April 19, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »
Phantom Bride IPA by Belching Beaver Brewery is my favorite IPA these days.  It's a good beer in my opinion and I like the Brewery name too :)

Quaffed that qui...oh never mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1927 on: April 19, 2020, 07:54:24 PM »
I had a growler of Mikkeller beer geek breakfast — pretty great. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1928 on: April 29, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
Opened the Untitled Art/Angry Chair BA Maple Vanilla Chocolate Stout tonight. Thought I'd give it a few months to mellow. Narrator: It did not mellow.

Big flavors everywhere with this thing. Not as much barrel as I thought. I've had a few of UA's pastry stouts, and I'm beginning to think they're just not my thing. Too sweet for me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1929 on: April 30, 2020, 11:05:36 AM »
Great Taste of the Midwest cancelled.

Jimmy B is the Man

• Walk-On
« Reply #1930 on: April 30, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »
Opened the Untitled Art/Angry Chair BA Maple Vanilla Chocolate Stout tonight. Thought I'd give it a few months to mellow. Narrator: It did not mellow.

Big flavors everywhere with this thing. Not as much barrel as I thought. I've had a few of UA's pastry stouts, and I'm beginning to think they're just not my thing. Too sweet for me.

Everything i've had from untitled art has been terrible. Overly sweet, artificial, underfermented mess. Don't understand the hype they receive at all.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1931 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:32 PM »
Everything i've had from untitled art has been terrible. Overly sweet, artificial, underfermented mess. Don't understand the hype they receive at all.

I've had some good ones from them, but they can be hit and miss. Overly sweet is where they tend to miss with me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1932 on: April 30, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »

Generally, I agree.  I think it's harder to swallow than their price point!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1933 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
Great Taste of the Midwest cancelled.

Knew it was going to happen, but this is a kick in the nuts.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1934 on: April 30, 2020, 07:02:31 PM »
One of the most popular breweries here, Legion, never used to can or bottle their beers, I guess because they never felt they needed to. But with their taprooms closed, they are canning now, and I just picked up a couple 4-packs of delicious Juicy Jay IPA.

I like supporting one of my favorite breweries, and I certainly like this delicious NE IPA.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1935 on: April 30, 2020, 07:55:01 PM »
One of the most popular breweries here, Legion, never used to can or bottle their beers, I guess because they never felt they needed to. But with their taprooms closed, they are canning now, and I just picked up a couple 4-packs of delicious Juicy Jay IPA.

I like supporting one of my favorite breweries, and I certainly like this delicious NE IPA.

keep that cold and drink within a few days if they just picked up a canning line.

enjoy.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1936 on: November 06, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »
Got my dark lord allotment yesterday.  8-)

First time getting it myself so I'm pretty pumped.

Also stopped off at 18th Street Brewery in Hammond on the way back which I'd heard good things about. Would definitely go back.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1937 on: November 28, 2020, 10:28:52 AM »
Anyone find some gems yesterday?

Was able to grab two of the Lakefront BF stout and barleywine. Got some BCBS and one each of the #4, Caramella, and Kentucky Fog. Overall pretty happy with the haul.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1938 on: November 28, 2020, 11:09:40 AM »
Anyone find some gems yesterday?

Was able to grab two of the Lakefront BF stout and barleywine. Got some BCBS and one each of the #4, Caramella, and Kentucky Fog. Overall pretty happy with the haul.

I grabbed the Good City bourbon stout with raspberries and that was really good. Nothing overpowering, which I was worried about with the raspberries.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1939 on: May 07, 2021, 09:05:51 PM »
They opened a new beer garden by my house and I walked there and back tonight - got in a little exercise and tried a couple good beers :).  They had an Eagle Park Brewery event tonight and I was really looking forward to trying the Pineapple Upside Down Cake Vegan Milkshake IPA - it did not disappoint - liked it a lot.  I think I will be spending a lot of time this summer at this beer garden :) - they have a nice selection of craft beers regularly and some fun events like tonight.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1940 on: May 08, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
They opened a new beer garden by my house and I walked there and back tonight - got in a little exercise and tried a couple good beers :).  They had an Eagle Park Brewery event tonight and I was really looking forward to trying the Pineapple Upside Down Cake Vegan Milkshake IPA - it did not disappoint - liked it a lot.  I think I will be spending a lot of time this summer at this beer garden :) - they have a nice selection of craft beers regularly and some fun events like tonight.

Awesome!  I wish the one in Madison was walkable from my place!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1941 on: May 08, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »

Is that “The Tap”? I know they are putting one in Waukesha and Bayshore Mall.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1942 on: May 08, 2021, 11:48:06 AM »
Awesome!  I wish the one in Madison was walkable from my place!

Anything's walkable if you put your mind to it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1943 on: May 08, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »
Anything's walkable if you put your mind to it.

Are you Lewis or Clark?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1944 on: May 08, 2021, 05:40:26 PM »
Is that “The Tap”? I know they are putting one in Waukesha and Bayshore Mall.

Yes - the Tap Yard in Waukesha opened this week and I think I saw the one at Bayshore opens next week.  There's also one in Milwaukee and they have a reward you can get if you check into all 3 locations in the same month.

They have a really nice beer selection - I think I'll be spending a bit too much money there this summer :).

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1945 on: May 09, 2021, 11:00:54 AM »
I decided this was an appropriate thread for some wisdom I just uncovered........

'After doing some yardwork yesterday I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was quite beautiful, and my drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked what I was doing. I said, "Nothing."
Now the reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "Thinking about what?"
At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions. She left me alone.
After another beer I pondered the age old question:
What is more painful, giving birth or getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
Well, after another beer or two, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby. Even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
I have never heard a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case.
Time for another beer.'

Brilliant. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1946 on: May 12, 2021, 04:58:26 PM »
Took my family visiting from Seattle to one of my favorite Charlotte breweries yesterday, Lower Left, and we enjoyed (among others) their wonderfully named (and delicious) hazy IPA:

Juicy McJuiceface.

Then we went down the street to Shake Shack, so darn close to a perfect late-afternoon/early-evening of healthy consumption!!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1947 on: November 10, 2021, 03:24:33 PM »
Bell's has been sold.  Larry Bell is retiring.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1948 on: November 10, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »

I just saw him, albeit briefly, in Scottsdale for a quick cocktail hour and no mention of it. Due to this he's no longer invited to my wedding.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1949 on: November 10, 2021, 03:31:30 PM »

Damn, hope they don't mess with what is working.

feedback