[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scouting report on DJO  (Read 2249 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Scouting report on DJO
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »
This is from the rivals.com national board.

Here's a post from a person who lives in Hutchinson, Kansas and has seen Darius play:

I live in Hutch and had the chance to see DJO play in a couple games for HCC. He was easily the team's best and most talented player and after watching him play, I was convinced he was a high-major prospect. I had no idea at the time that he would be eligible for 09-10 in DI as he only played 1 yr for Hutch, but I believe he is ready to make the jump to Marquette next year. I knew he was a great athlete when he was throwing down 360 dunks in pregame but he also has a very developed offensive game.

He has the quickness and handle to take people off the dribble and has the strength and touch to finish around the rim. Even though he's a lefty, he finishes equally well with either hand. He also showed a reliable mid-range jumper and a solid stroke from downtown. I think he's very capable at scoring consistently at all 3 levels, just a high level 1 on 1 player who creates his own shot with ease.

If there's one area he could probably improve on offensively, I think it would be his playmaking, ie when to attack and when to pull the ball out and run the offensse. I think he is a capable passer as evidenced by his 4 APG average but he also averaged over 4 TO's per game. That being said, I think his skills are better suited for the 2 and while he may be a little undersized there, I think he absolutely has the athleticism to compete there.

He did primarily play the 1 for Hutch but I think the Coach wanted to make sure he had the ball in his hands on each possession. For his season stats, see link below.

And national recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer:

The posts already on the thread are pretty much right on. Johnson-Odom is a very physical guard who can be explosive with the ball. Wired to score as a power guard. Should fit in well at Marquette. Have always perceived him as a high major talent.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Re: Scouting report on DJO
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:57:54 PM »
Great report... thanks for sharing!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »
Gets me giddy to know we are getting an explosive player to replace the Amigos.... although I don't think we will be talented next year, I believe we will have more depth... is Buzz planning a Mizzou like approach (just pressure the hell out of the basketball, talented 6'6-6'8 players who can push the ball up the court, subbing, playing about 8-9 guys?)  ... I really hope so, I love that style of basketball.

With Acker, DJO, Cadougan, Hayward, Buycks, Butler, Williams, Maymon, Fulce  ... and whoever else stays... could be.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:24:24 AM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
Gets me giddy to know we are getting an explosive player to replace the Amigos.... although I don't think we will be talented next year, I believe we will have more depth... is Buzz planning a Mizzou like approach (just pressure the hell out of the basketball, talented 6'6-6'8 players who can push the ball up the court, subbing, playing about 8-9 guys?)  ... I really hope so, I love that style of basketball.

Junior better lay off the pizza/pasta and get into tip-top shape!  Playing at the top (or the base) of the 1-3-1, he's going to do a lot of running!

feedback