Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: T.J. Taylor  (Read 6830 times)

strobl2

• Starter
Re: T.J. Taylor
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 05:08:21 PM »
I think that we haven't given Buzz enough time to get good players out of the Chicago area. He has only been after one major recruit from that area and has only  head coached at MU for one year. I think he has started a good foundation there with having practice there during the offseason and having an assistant (Benford) with connections in the area. If we give him more time than just one recruiting class I believe he can pull off some nice recruits.

Avenue Commons

• All American
Re: T.J. Taylor
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »
Why is it illogical?

Our coach is rooted in that state, has numerous connections, seems to be respected by high school/AAU coaches. Not to mention there are alot of really good players there.

To me, based on those factors, NOT making in a priority would be illogical.

Buzz is a relative outsider in this Great Lakes Region.  Benford has some connections, but for Buzz, this is a brand new area.  It is going to take him awhile to build the kinds of relationships it takes to get top talent in Chicago. 

Exactly. I see that as a less than ideal situation. Not a bad situation, just a less than ideal one that does not play to our strengths.

I like to see us branching out nationally in our recruiting, I'm just saying we can't lose what corporations call our "core competencies."
We Are Marquette