Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: buzz says that Jame's career at Marquette is over....  (Read 15986 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: buzz says that Jame's career at Marquette is over....
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
why should his comments matter? i assume he would be nothing but sympathetic, but maybe that's just my lapse in logic.  I am sure he feels for DJ.

I'm sure he does, but I don't give a rats a$$ how he feels. That's the point.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
I know everyone feels bad now, but just prepare yourself for the next day or two when you are forced to see/hear Tom Crean's comments on DJ's injury. I am assuming sadness will turn to some form of anger at that point. You've been warned.

Oh I'm already pissed at him. He is the real reason why we will be lucky to win more than 2 games in the NCAA (Personally I still think we can do this w/ Hayward, McNeal and Mathews).

Crean's inability to recruit top level players more than once every four years is the reason why we don't have a shot at going further than the sweet sixteen, if we even make it that far.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »
Oh I'm already pissed at him. He is the real reason why we will be lucky to win more than 2 games in the NCAA (Personally I still think we can do this w/ Hayward, McNeal and Mathews).

Crean's inability to recruit top level players more than once every four years is the reason why we don't have a shot at going further than the sweet sixteen, if we even make it that far.

You must have been down right an angry mobster the 20 years prior when we couldn't recruit for 8 year periods.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
The DJ injury is heartbreaking for him and for all of us.
This team had overcome everything thrown at it this year and just when the brass ring was within reach the rug was completely pulled out.  I knew the odds were long but I just wanted us to have a shot.
Buzz says "that we'll just have to see what God's plan is for us now"
Well I don't think this plan is fair and I want a different one!

warrior_jr

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »
You must have been down right an angry mobster the 20 years prior when we couldn't recruit for 8 year periods.

+1

Still hate Crean though

MPrice

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
DJ's injury is a heartbreaker.  For him, his family, his fans. But seriously people, why don't we let Ackers get a little more time in before we write-off this season. Losing DJ is huge, absolutely- but I believe that the rest of this team is going to step things up and still make a run.  WE ARE MARQUETTE for god sakes- we won't just roll over and die.

LON

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »
TheBigLead.com linked to this thread...

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »
No. There is no maybe about it. Losing Diener was far worse. Thanks again to Crean's inability to put together more than one class in four years, I believe we actually had a walk-on running the point for a few games.

It was the most painful basketball I've ever watched. Marcus Jackson was bringing the ball up the court during some games.

You are an idiot.  What were we ranked when diener when out?  This was the biggest game in milwaukee for 30 years not just because of what UConn was ranked but because we were a top ten team with a chance at a one seed with a chance to win the best conference in the history of basketball.  How are you so dense that you can't see we had a very good team with james, now we have a good team.  We had a good team with diener and had a bad team about him.  Apperently you think a team that would have been one and done not making the tournament is a bigger deal than a team that could make a deep run becoming a team that won't.

fjg44

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
does anyone have a clip of how DJ got hurt? I was unable to watch the game and just got text updates from my friends.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
One thing that is refreshing - Buzz told us right away that James was out.  Under the previous head coach, we wouldn't have heard anything for weeks and wondered what was going on.  Its nice to have a coach that is forthcoming.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

VwArrior1

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »
He's not sayin that now