[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall Post Game Interviews  (Read 4417 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Seton Hall Post Game Interviews
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:38 PM »
Jerel McNeal
On 22 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 steals: Team did a good job driving and kicking to find the open man, but everything starts on defense. 

On guarding Gause: Just focused on the game, but Crean let them know he has quick hands and feet.  McNeal just tried to play his game and not worry about the other guys.

What stat does he like best: Good to have the assists and get other guys going.  But the steals are great because it shows the defensive energy.  Wesley had 4 steals too, and likes to see other people getting credit for them too.

On Fast Break: MU didn't want to change anything for the game.  The plan was to run with them if that's how they wanted to play.

On Pull up Jumper: People play him to go all the way to the basket.  So he gauges people throughout the game - if he notices they're going back too fast, he'll pull up.

On going on the road again:  It's been a  lot of fun the past couple weeks.  Just got to keep the ball rolling.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Seton Hall Post Game Interviews
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Tom Crean
Overall: Hard to play at the level that MU has been playing at.  Hard to maintain a top notch level.  MU didn't keep that up all night, and got away from guarding the way they should for a while.  Will take tomorrow off, and then get going again for South Florida.

On keeping intensity up though games: On Monday they talked about how they weren't beyond beating themselves yet.  MU isn't there, and they can improve on rebounding, shot selection, etc.  MU knows they're in the hunt, it's hard to sustain the intensity.  Focus today was on not settling - wanted to to attack and see where they could take it.  Players never played like game was in doubt, and MU showed maturity by showing they didn't think they were going to lose.

ON McNeal's day:  Every player goes through a period when things aren't going great.  Showed McNeal a highlight tape of himself today.  Sometimes he can go too fast, but tonight he did a great job.  Proud of him.  The stat sheet for the whole team looks great.  Didn't like giving up 52% in the second half though.

Assist / Turnovers: DJ only had 1 TO in last 75 minutes.  Doing a great job.  Jerel had 10 assists - great.  Some TOs (at end) were too easy.

On Lott: Got some minutes for him, he works extremely hard.  He's been phenomenal on the bench, practices hard every day.  Glad to give him a chance to score.

On Hayward: asking a lot of him.  From guarding a big in Kendall, to a short 3pt shooter.  Need him to get to the backboards.  When he gets subbed out, it's usually because he forgets that.  Would have had a double digit points if he made his FTs.

On David: Wanted to play well.  Had a former teammate on SHU. 

Wouldn't be in a position to win 5 games in a row without all these guys playing together.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »
Thanks rocky!!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 11:39:14 PM »
yeah thanks Rock, I always love reading these. we appreciate it.
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:57:29 AM »
Much appreciated ROcky!
SS Marquette

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:14:08 AM »
Ya know what....screw you Rocky and your endless trying to improve the Marquette community and provide us with good information.  God I hate your dedication! >:(

;) ;D 8)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 07:53:08 AM »
Ya know what....screw you Rocky and your endless trying to improve the Marquette community and provide us with good information.  God I hate your dedication! >:(

;) ;D 8)

yeah.. add topper to that list..  boy I tell ya.. the quality stuff we have to put up with here..  ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
I'm considering not paying my membership fee next year I'm so angry about the content ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback