[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Need more sweatervests  (Read 16154 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Need more sweatervests
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 03:47:06 PM »
Ok, in an attempt to lighten the mood, am I the only one who reads the title of this thread and thinks, "Need more cowbell."  ? ;D

;D  You know, I was thinking just that.  I gotta have more sweater vest, baby.  Guess what, I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more sweater vest.  Fellas, you're going to want that sweater vest.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
Need more cowbell was the very first thing I thought of. Followed almost immediately by thinking about how awful those sweatervests are.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »
Hey, maybe you are fan and I should just back off. It's no big deal... but I've been reading these boards for a while and you have continuously ripped:

the administration
the board of directors
the coaches
etc.
I'm certainly not PRN's biggest fan, and it's obviously not my duty to defend him, but people should just lay off.  First, I get tired of the pissing contests where some posters try to prove that they are bigger fans than other posters.  Pretty much everyone here is a fan of the program, and the fact that many of us waste an inordinate amount of time reading these forums shows that we border on being obsessive fans.  Second, although he is generally more negative than most, in the last couple of weeks, I've seen him compliment the current uniforms (although not wild about the gold, obviously), last year's team, Barro & Burke, and the t-shirts they're giving out of NMD.

I have absolutely no doubt that PRN is a big fan, and as such, he's entitled to complain about everything he wants to complain about.  I don't agree, and I sometimes think it's a little sad to have so much hostility for the program you follow, but that's his business.  And,  I wouldn't assume that he doesn't enjoy being a fan -- I think he probably does, or he wouldn't be there.  I don't know PRN or much about him, but I do know a lot of people who just aren't happy unless they're pissed about something.

You're probably right, and now I'm just bitching about his bitching... so that's not much better.

PRN... enjoy hoops however you like, I just really hope you are actually enjoying yourself... because I'm having (and have always had) a great time watching this program grow over the past 10 seasons. I hate to see somebody who has been a fan for a long time unable to let go of the past and enjoy what is right in front of him/her.

We all know that there have been ups and downs, but the program is in GREAT shape.

We have:

a good coach (some would argue great)
a great practice facility
a large relatively new arena (that we can sell out)
a great conference
great old rivalries (DePaul, WI, ND)
great new rivalries (PITT, UCONN, SU)
good fans that care
a new logo that hopefully people can agree on (even if they can't agree on the nickname)
Record admissions
record applications
the NBA finals champ/MVP and just a great guy (DW3)

I guess I'm just an optimist, but I would say that things are pretty frickin good no matter if you are wearing blue or gold... or if your socks are tall or short.

More Gold vest... and more cowbell! Less long a$$ message board posts! (I'm talking to myself)  :)

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 06:01:05 PM »
That t shirt is sweet. I had one the same color back in 6th grade with  a white crown and maybe a bball on top. It said 1977 NCAA Champs. Unfortunately, someone snagged it.

feedback