[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: As seen on the Panthers' discussion board  (Read 12513 times)

vealdogs

• Walk-On
As seen on the Panthers' discussion board
« on: January 22, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »
"And, what James did after the win was just assholish. I lost respect for him. As for Creen, wait til you see the Cincy coach."

What am I missing here?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: As seen on the Panthers' discussion board
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
rocky reported on an earlier thread from there where they were all up in arms because they felt dj was taunting the crowd by smirking at them after the game.

if they had kept their towels, they could have wiped the tears out of their eyes and saw more clearly that DJ was probably just exhaustedly happy to have had won.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

vealdogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
What about the "Creen" comment?

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »
Don't know about the Cincy coach commment, but I think they're talking about James smirking towards the sideline at the end of the game.  The cameras caught it pretty well.  He didn't say anything, at least while on camera, but he was pumping his fist and it appeared smirking at one fan or a group of fans in particular.  I believe there were students in that area. 

This was probably one of the posters that was predicting how many dives he would take, so I doubt his status fell too far with him.  Some people have a problem with any interaction with the opposing fans.  I don't mind it too much, as long as it stays clean.  I didn't have a problem with Devendorf's shshh either. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »
Better question...who gives a rat's behind what some douche bag UWM fan thinks?

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »
If DJ can't crack a grin at the drunk college kids who were hounding him all game then the Panthers have already won.  I probably would have given the Pitt kids the Michael Vick two-fingered salute.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »
ummmm naivin: pittsburgh PANTHERS.

and pitt fans seem to think that crean is an excessively whiny coach that is constantly workign the refs.  however, mick cronin (new cincy coach hired from murray state) is also a very active sideline coach.  i think they view sideline activity in general negatively.  although i only recall jaime dixon receiving a technical on sunday...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:18:10 PM by dwaderoy2004 »

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:36 PM »
DJ was still pissed from the mugging he received last year that cost us a big game in Pitt.  I saw the look, it was very AI.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »

however, mick cronin (new cincy coach hired from murray state) is also a very active sideline coach. 

TEll me about it, did anyone else happen to see the end of the West Virginaia game on Sat?  Cronin had to be physically pulled away from an official after he didn't receive a foul call that was border line at the end of the game

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »
If they want to talk about class, two words.  Karl Krauser (when he did that neck slash thing against us), or how about Gray's Elbow (to Cubey)...an effing smile?  Please.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 09:53:42 PM »
to be fair.. this isn't the first time i've heard crean referred to as whiny... but it only ever seems to come from our rivals.. l'ville, pitt, cinci, girls next door, etc.  the rest of the conference and other teams seem to be have just about nothing but nice things to say.. really hard to tell if there's much truth to him being whiny given that.. course.. it could just be that those other teams are too classy to bother with things that, in the grand scheme of it all, are actually quite trivial.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:28:07 PM »
I've now watched it several times.  I *think* what they're talking about, is that while Matthews is shooting the FTs with 0.1 seconds, DJ is clapping and occasionally glancing back into the crowd.  Presumably this was in response to things he heard from the crowd.  However, he was hardly smiling or smirking, he was actually biting his lips!

Anyhow, if you don't have a recording, it looks like there's a bittorrent version up now, so you can see it for yourself.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/555214

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »
Rocky...

Do you download and burn what's in the link?

I can't remember what bittorrent is and what program to use...
SS Marquette

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
i use bitcomet to my downloading from torant sites.
But I like to throw handfuls...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 11:02:54 PM »
bitcomet, utorrent, azureus - those are probably the most popular programs to use.

See the comments here for what to do with the file(s):
http://muvideo.blogspot.com/2006/10/list-of-games.html

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 12:09:38 AM »
I just use bittorrent's program, its always worked for me.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 01:50:21 AM »
I hate to say it, but people becomes sore losers.  If Crean and our players have to start behaving how our rival fans want us to, guaranteed our record will be 0-16.  So, take pride that on a whole Marquette fans have tons more class and respect than the other schools.  Even in a loss, we don't say things about their coaches or players like we have read (Louisville, Pitt).  In regards to DJ and the flopping allegations.  He goes up in real heavy traffic, knowing he is really going to be getting nailed a majority of the times.  Hence, I really think he is actually protecting himself when he comes down.  Just because he goes up doesn't necessarily mean he is coming down on his feet.  I think he just takes it to the hoop a lot of times real hard, and well sometimes his feet aren't ready to be in the right position when he comes down from a shot.  So in summary regarding opposing fans, to hell with them, they hate you anyways.  (Ok, some rival fans realize it's only a game)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 07:45:50 AM »

Ahh yes. Duh! Although, I renew the question.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 11:09:30 AM »
Anyone who took offense to what DJ did at the end of the game is a sore loser.  Krauser's throat slashing was 10 times worse.  Can't wait to beat them again this year.

MUCHI814

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »
I can't believe theyre flipping out about him smirking at the crowd. A smirk? Are you kidding me. The Pitt students are right next to the court I can only imagine the crap they were yelling at James all game. They're just pissed off and trying to take a shot at Marquette any way they can

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »
I watched it a couple of times on Sunday and again last night.  I have to admit I did cringe a little when I saw him turn back the second time to clap at the fans, but I have seen much, much, much worse.

In fact, it had to look just like what I was doing up in the nose bleed seats at the Syracuse game when that Eminem-looking loser for Syracuse missed a couple of free throws in the second half.  I think I almost fractured my hands I was clapping so hard.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »
Diener was guilty of being way more cocky or animated than DJ, but was never called classless for it. 

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
Diener was guilty of being way more cocky or animated than DJ, but was never called classless for it. 

I wasn't aware of the message board phenomenon when Diener was playing so I don't know what was said here, but I can tell you a number of people who would call him classless for "shhusshhing" the Louisville student section during a game.  I don't specifically remember the event, but I know if a player for Louisville did that to the Gold Rush we'd all be pretty upset with it. 

As for DJ, I don't think any objective critique of a "smirk" would be called "classless."

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »

I wasn't aware of the message board phenomenon when Diener was playing so I don't know what was said here, but I can tell you a number of people who would call him classless for "shhusshhing" the Louisville student section during a game.  I don't specifically remember the event, but I know if a player for Louisville did that to the Gold Rush we'd all be pretty upset with it. 

As for DJ, I don't think any objective critique of a "smirk" would be called "classless."

Can we not call it the gold rush.  I feel like that name was forced on us by the administration.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 01:57:23 PM »
to be fair.. this isn't the first time i've heard crean referred to as whiny...

That's actually kind of surprising.  I don't think Crean works the officials near as much as the average coach, especially when you consider how active he is in general.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.