[Today at 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade makes all the pain go away  (Read 5694 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Dwyane Wade makes all the pain go away
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:01:47 AM »
Absolutely RIDICULOUS performance Monday night against the Bulls (15 of 21 shooting, 5 of 6 on 3's, 48 pts, 12 assists).

What DWade has done the last month, is borderline remarkable.  He scores 40+ a game, without breaking a sweat.

He gets better, and better, and better.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:10:16 AM by Wade for President »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Dwyane Wade makes all the pain go away
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »
Gosh, when I think of how he's the MVP of his team and possibly the league right now...I can draw one parallel between him and this MU team: FATIGUE.

There's no way he can continue to take those hits, hit the floor, handle the bumps and minutes, without hitting a wall.
SS Marquette

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:48:12 AM »
He's had 2 seasons to rest...he'll be fine.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:01:19 AM »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
How does that make all the pain go away?

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »
How does that make all the pain go away?

Maybe it doesn't make all the pain go away...but it certainly helps knowing that the best player in the NBA is from Marquette.  :)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:51:02 AM »
Maybe if he can suit up for the next couple weeks. if not, it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
Maybe it doesn't make all the pain go away...but it certainly helps knowing that the best player in the NBA is from Marquette.  :)

Lebron went to Marquette?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »

You might want to try watching a game or two, instead of believing everything the mass media feeds you....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »
well lets be real, their stats are pretty equal.

who would I rather have on my team?

Lebron.

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »

You're one of those people.  ;)

Maybe not the best player in the league, but he is having a statistically superior season.

Interesting view on MVP stuff: http://fullcourtpest.blogspot.com/

This season: Wade averages more points, assists, steals and blocks(WOW) than Lebron while shooting a higher percentage. I don't think there is a another player in the league that is as important to their team as Wade.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »
well lets be real, their stats are pretty equal.

Hence my statement about not focusing on the mass media, which for some reason wants you to believe there's just Lebron and Kobe on some pedestal, and then everyone else.  The reality us that Wade has done everything Lebron and Kobe have done, and without nearly the supporting cast.

I'm still waiting for the day Lebron single-handedly wills his team to an NBA championship.  Until then, he's just the NBA version of Archie Manning....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:13:25 AM by GooooMarquette »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »

I'm still waiting for the day Lebron single-handedly wills his team to an NBA championship.  Until then, he's just the NBA version of Archie Manning....

That's a joke right? How many seasons has LeBron played with Shaq? Wade did not exactly that Championship single-handedly.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 09:17:19 AM »
Shaq was an absolute non-factor in that Finals.  Put LeBron on the Heat and they've won 20 games this season. Taker LeBron away from the Cavs and they're still in the playoffs. Wade's getting seven or eight assists per night passing to D-League talent like Jamario Moon. LeBron has an actual center, a power forward and a great guard in Mo Williams to work with. Until LeBron wins ONE game in the Finals, he is no D-Wade, and he knows it.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 09:19:46 AM »
I don't think there is a another player in the league that is as important to their team as Wade.

Chris Paul?  That team is lottery bound without him.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 09:28:29 AM »
That's a joke right? How many seasons has LeBron played with Shaq? Wade did not exactly that Championship single-handedly.

You obviously didn't watch the finals that year.  Shaq did....

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »

2 things Mr. Navin: First of all...obviously DWade's performance over the last month/season, doesn't make all the pain of the last 2+ weeks of MU's season go away.  That would be a foolish statement, for diehard MU fans like ourselves.

Secondly...don't EVER attack #3.  Wade's NBA Finals performance (with Shaq at his side), has been called the most dominating Finals performance in NBA history (ummmm, Mike had 6 opportunities to claim that lofty praise).  Before your rebuttal, I understand how having a relatively dominant post presence like Shaq, helped Wade.  But to downgrade Wade's performance that year (or say James hasn't won a championship because he hasn't had an aging Shaq by his side) would be ludicrous.

Mr. Navin, I have to ask....Who you crappin?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:33:59 AM by Wade for President »

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »
Wade was unbelievable during those Finals.  Shaq was a non-factor.  But Wade was incredible last night.  As a Bulls fan, it hurt to lose but as a Marquette fan, I was OK with it.  That was simply one of the best performances I've ever seen a bball player have.  Combining incredible talent, with great knowledge and a great will to win makes Wade in the same conversation as Kobe and Lebron and I think  he's outplaying both of them right now.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »
I love #3.  He is the best player I ever saw in the jersey of my alma mater.  His Finals performance a couple of years ago was indeed Jordanesque.  

However, if given the choice between the two, I take Lebron.  I think he's a better player and more durable.  And he's younger by almost three years.  (He's only 24???!!!???)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »
But to downgrade Wade's performance that year (or say James hasn't won a championship because he hasn't had an aging Shaq by his side) would be ludicrous.

Not attempting to downgrade his performance, it was incredible. Just pointing out he had some teammates.

BTW, ecompt - the Heat would win 20 games with LeBron?!? even his firts year in Cleveland they won 35. You are suggesting that the incremental difference between Wade and LeBron is 14 wins? OK. That sounds reasonable.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:19:57 AM by NavinRJohnson »

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »

Chris Paul?  That team is lottery bound without him.

Touche.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
This Heat team has less talent than that Cavs team that LeBron played on his first season. A rookie point guard (Chalmers), a selfish rookie power forward (Beasley), no center at all (Joel Anthony? Please!) until recently, and no bench. LeBron had Z at center and Carlos Boozer when he was a stud. Watch how good teams play DWade -- he is double-teamed the entire fourth quarter. Problem is, he dishes off to extremely mediocre talent. The last month, no one has dominated the NBA the way Wade has. And his performance in the Finals was Jordanesque. LeBron's performance in the Finals was eminently forgettable (32-of-90 shooting). LeBron is a freak of nature; he has everything -- size, strength, agility. I just think no person in the NBA right now has done more with less talent surrounding him than DWade.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:17:05 AM by ecompt »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
I believe with the Heat down two games to zero and down double digits late in game three Wade single handedly went off to score the final 14 some points for Miami and got the win.

That had to be the highlight of those finals though he dominated Dallas throughout the series. Wade dominated on the biggest stage of them all: the finals. When is LeBron going to step up in a big game? I just see him lose big game after big game.  Granted I don't think anyone will ever win in Cleveland.  

Until LeBron wins a title, you gotta take Wade no matter what ESPNs LJ23 lovefest says.  

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
This Heat team has less talent than that Cavs team that LeBron played on his first season. A rookie point guard (Chalmers), a selfish rookie power forward (Beasley), no center at all (Joel Anthony? Please!) until recently, and no bench. LeBron had Z at center and Carlos Boozer when he was a stud. Watch how good teams play DWade -- he is double-teamed the entire fourth quarter. Problem is, he dishes off to extremely mediocre talent. The last month, no one has dominated the NBA the way Wade has. And his performance in the Finals was Jordanesque. LeBron's performance in the Finals was eminently forgettable (32-of-90 shooting). LeBron is a freak of nature; he has everything -- size, strength, agility. I just think no person in the NBA right now has done more with less talent surrounding him than DWade.

Couldn't agree more ecompt.  All this discussion does is further point out how INSANE the free agent class of 2010 is going to be.  The real question is: Who does Chris Bosh join?  Wade or LeBron?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »
Couldn't agree more ecompt.  All this discussion does is further point out how INSANE the free agent class of 2010 is going to be.  The real question is: Who does Chris Bosh join?  Wade or LeBron?

Or both...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »
The lovefest for #3 continues.  Front page of ESPN if you didn't see it.  Great read!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&page=Wade-090310

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »
Last night was one of the best performances I've seen DWade have. Every time he was near the ball he either poked it away or stole it. There was one play were he easily coasted for a dunk off of the left side of the court which was probably a defensive lapse but nonetheless. Lebron hasn't had to many clutch performances in big games, and Wade has. They had the nerve on ESPN radio in Chicago to say that Wade hasn't won any championships w/o Shaq, yet what has Kobe done since Shaq left. Maybe its just me but even with the statline he puts up every night I feel that he is still underappreciated in comparison to Kobe/Lebron, what has Lebron won...?
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 08:14:15 AM »
Salem hit it on the head, and that was mostly my point.

Wade abuses himself night after night and I doubt that he will be able to continue to take the beating he takes night after night for much longer.

Lebron, on the other hand, is younger, and will be around for much longer.

If there was a redraft of every player in the NBA, and you had the first pick, you would take Wade?

I'd take Lebron, then CP3, THEN Wade.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Wade... I corrected the guy's english papers before he even played at game at MU... but to suggest that you would rather have him then Lebron isn't as cut and dry as you guys seem to make it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »

If there was a redraft of every player in the NBA, and you had the first pick, you would take Wade?

I'd take Lebron, then CP3, THEN Wade.

I would throw Durant in that mix, crazy he is four years younger than LeBron.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »
I would throw Durant in that mix, crazy he is four years younger than LeBron.

But the next night he plays a solid night's defense will be his first.  Great scorer, but he needs to work on his overall game.

(They are 4-1 without him in the lineup recently.)

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 09:26:24 AM »
I watched the Cavs come back from 19 down in the fourth quarter against the Clippers last night and have come to the conclusion that there is no way in hell that the Los Angeles Clippers would have gotten a double bye in the Big East. ;D

feedback