[Today at 09:50:49 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: There are no DJ haters tonight...  (Read 2355 times)

tower912

• All American
There are no DJ haters tonight...
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
Nor should there ever have been.   The kid has been pure class and has always left it all on the floor.   You could not ask for a better representative of MU.  Thank you, DJ, for all you have done.   Damn, I am misting up as I type this.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
Re: There are no DJ haters tonight...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
If you did not understand or appreciate his value before, you do now.  He was the leader on the court.  Now he has to be the leader off.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »
He was a blessing to have on the team.  He encompassed everything Marquette represents.  He will be a tough act to follow.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »
He was a blessing to have on the team.  He encompassed everything Marquette represents.  He will be a tough act to follow.

I thought you were hoping he wasn't valuable?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=12949.0

I always looked at his as a leader. Questioned his shot selection at times, but in the end you really can't win without a leader on the court, and that is ALWAYS your point guard- your point guard runs the offense, he's the backbone. Without a good point guard there is no offense...

Let's hope Mo can be a decent fill in offensively. Defensively we are hurting big time. DJ really excelled there this year, and we saw the effects of having him out with a career night on the other side of the floor.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:42:35 PM by MUWarrior06 »

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
It's going to be tough for any point guard to come here and do all the good things DJ did. Thanks, Dom, you will be missed.

devilswimmer323

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
This is really hard for my to watch. I went to high school with him. I watched him foul out of the Sectional championship game against Muncie Central(The other team from the movie Hoosiers and who walked into the state finals before losing to Oden's team) and be near tears on the bench as Richmond High's lead faded and we lost the game. Now as an MU student to watch DJ go out like this... it's gut wrenching for me. And as hard as it is for me I cannot even begin to fathom how he must feel.

g0ldmember42

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »
Our university owes a lot to our own King James. He was the perfect representation for our university and will hopefully continue to be for a long, long time. The kid took the reigns of a down and out program and returned us to the promised land in the NCAAs. Thank you Dominic.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:13:08 PM »
Let me just say from the start that I was never a DJ hater, I don't think any of us ever were.  Granted I was critical of him at times and I can admit that, but that's simply because I recognized how good he was for us and knew he could do better than poor shot selections and such that he did at times.  It was never me, or anyone, saying man I wish we didn't have Dom out there or something.

Aside from that, Dom really was great for our program and will be sorely missed the rest of this season.  He was our QB out there in leading the fast breaks and such.  I feel like Patriots fans must've last season when Brady went down... Jerel is the fantastic WR like Moss, but you still need that QB.  Lame analogy I know, but whatever.

Hopefully Mo will get used to leading fast breaks and stop being so hesitant out there.  He can't be affraid of messing up, which is how he played tonight I feel.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
I feel like I just got kicked in the head by Anderson Silva....

I just want to take the time now to thank Dominic for 4 great years as our team's leader and floor general. All class, all the time. A true Warrior in every sense of the word. His presence on the court will be missed, but I know he will go on to a successful pro career whether it's here in the States or abroad.

Thank you DJ!

Wade4Life

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 11:14:40 AM »
Its not fair how you ended your college career. You played your heart out every night and enjoyed playing the game. You played the game how it was meant to be played. I don't think anyone in Marquette's history or future will have a higher vertical than you.

You will be truly missed. Thanks for a great 4 years and hopefully you will come back soon enough to get ready for the next level.

feedback