[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: When did it get cool???  (Read 4410 times)

Detfan23

• Starter
When did it get cool???
« on: February 25, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
When did it get cool to yell on EVERY dunk you have?  Also, when is just random rim hanging not a tech?  Robinson, you sir suck.

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
Re: When did it get cool???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
How many dunks does this guy have?  Seems like everytime they miss a shot and it appears we are going to get the defensive rebound, he tea bags are whole team

Detfan23

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:47:40 PM »
This kid is a straight thug.  Grow up young man.  If you tried that on me I would punch you in the nuts ;D

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
and we would absolutely love to have him yelling for us..... :o

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »
Screaming/yelling while dunking = douchebag
Once a warrior always a warrior.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Screaming/yelling while dunking = douchebag

Screaming/yelling while dunking = a monica seles rip off b!tch.

MULGP06

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 09:21:37 PM »
Those of you watching from home, did it not seem like they credited Robinson for 6 fouls in the game.  I went back through the game stats and he only had 4, but it seemed like he should have fouled out of the game.  It would have led to less teabags!

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
When did it get cool to yell on EVERY dunk you have? 

I was wondering the exact same thing!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »

I was thinking the same thing...what a player.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
i don't know the rules definitively, but isn't it a technical to hang excessively on the rim or do a pull up if unnecessary?

warrior_jr

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »

AND...  whats your point? 

We just lost a big game, and we're pissed, and we're going to point out if someone did something out of line, even if we wouldn't otherwise.  No one is impressed with how impartial and mature you think you are.

timinatorx3

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:35 PM »
Love to have him dunking for us. But yelling for us???? Keep that back east.

Eweconfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:17 PM »
Give the guy a break. This was a break out game for him and he was fired up. He's just a kid, for crying out loud. I'm sure if it were one of your players that yelled everytime he dunked you would have a thread about how he sucked too, right?

If you won the game you probably wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought.

I'm sorry about James. That really sucks, especially when you're a senior. I've enjoyed watching him play, and wish him well. Godspeed, DJ.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »
Give the guy a break. This was a break out game for him and he was fired up. He's just a kid, for crying out loud. I'm sure if it were one of your players that yelled everytime he dunked you would have a thread about how he sucked too, right?

I'd be ok with him if only yelled once or twice ... but it was a little absurd how often he did it and how loud he was.

He screamed so loud after each dunk I swore ESPN had a mic on him.

He's a D-1 player who is what 6-9? He shouldn't act like every dunk is the first dunk of his life.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:27 AM »
"......act like you've been there before..."

Vince Lombardi

MarquetteBallin

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 01:18:17 AM »
Get over it....darn near every time Wes or Rel hit a big shot they bang their chests and yell. Its the same thing Robinson or Price or any other player does. It's emotion and it's part of the college game.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:04 AM »
did I hear Vitale correctly... he quit halfway through the year to go work at a factory?  What?  That story had me scratching my head
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

romey

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:39 AM »
The yell was annoying, but I did ask a buddy of mine what's the deal with the "pull-up on the rim?  Since when is that NOT a technical?

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »
The real question is:

When was it cool to STILL have corn rows?  That look is old, son.

If Ludacris and now Allen Iverson aren't rockin' 'em, then it's time to lose 'em, kid.

LON

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:34 AM »
did I hear Vitale correctly... he quit halfway through the year to go work at a factory?  What?  That story had me scratching my head

Preemptive strike against bad grades?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:31 AM »
Stop traffic.  You dunked on no one when the ball got tipped to you and the other team had 4 guards and a small forward out there.

Gotta give him credit for stepping up in a big game on the road though

Eweconfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »
Robinson took a leave of absence for personal reasons. Contrary to what you guys seem to think of him for screaming after dunks and someone's assinine attack on his hair style, Robinson's a really good kid.

This was a really big game for UConn....it was to remain in 1st place in the Big East, a #1 national ranking, and a huge road win in front of a very large, very loud crowd. If that doesn't fire you up, you shouldn't be playing college basketball. That said, I did think he hung on the rim a bit long. The guy's been down on himself because he hasn't been playing well, I just think he was really pumped up because of the magnitude of the game and because he was contributing. There's been a lot more pressure on him since Dyson went down.

Lots of player yell when they dunk....you can't tell me your players never do....Robinson's were annoying to you only because there were a bunch of them. There's was a way to quiet him.......don't give up dunks. Honestly, is what he did any worse than your players posturing after hitting 3's. Personally, I don't think so. Just my opinion.

nola03

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 10:01:55 AM »
Robinson took a leave of absence for personal reasons. Contrary to what you guys seem to think of him for screaming after dunks and someone's assinine attack on his hair style, Robinson's a really good kid.

This was a really big game for UConn....it was to remain in 1st place in the Big East, a #1 national ranking, and a huge road win in front of a very large, very loud crowd. If that doesn't fire you up, you shouldn't be playing college basketball. That said, I did think he hung on the rim a bit long. The guy's been down on himself because he hasn't been playing well, I just think he was really pumped up because of the magnitude of the game and because he was contributing. There's been a lot more pressure on him since Dyson went down.

Lots of player yell when they dunk....you can't tell me your players never do....Robinson's were annoying to you only because there were a bunch of them. There's was a way to quiet him.......don't give up dunks. Honestly, is what he did any worse than your players posturing after hitting 3's. Personally, I don't think so. Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

Robinson seems like a good kid who's been through some tough times. MU fans can relate with some of our recent players.

I hold no grudges toward a kid who stepped up with a career best game in a pressure situation to let out the scream on his four dunks.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »

I donno about everyone else, but I'm not gonna hate on the kid for having a great game and being pumped up about it. 

As for my asinine attack on the aesthetics of his hair...I take nothing back.  I have a right to dislike the way someone looks.  Dude's game was nice last night, no one's taking that away from him...but dude's hair was lookin' ugly.

It's just like how we knock on Harangody for lookin' like Shrek.  No one can argue that Harangody is an ugly dude.

feedback