'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: How does this guy have a job...  (Read 10941 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
How does this guy have a job...
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »
http://www.journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?blogid=24

MU's James has look of a pro
I'd say the odds of Marquette University point guard Dominic James turning pro after this season are 2-1. And that might be on the conservative side. The only way James doesn't go pro is if Marquette decides to exceed its salary cap and pay a luxury tax.
Of course, it would only make common sense and financial cents for James to bolt Marquette. Next summer's NBA draft figures to be devoid of top-flight point guards. As such, several NBA officials whom I've conversed with in recent weeks project James to be a middle- to late first-round selection. Conversely, if James stayed another season at MU and entered the 2008 draft, his stock could plummet as many prime-time point guards are expected to be in it.
With all due respect to Father Wild and William Cords, it's amply apparent Tommy Crean is the BMOC at Marquette. In my humble opinion, it's only a matter of time before Crean takes over Cord's AD responsibilities. Case in point, it was Crean -- not Cords - who, according to a published report, forwarded a proposal to UW-Milwaukee officials about a potential series of men's basketball games between the schools.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: How does this guy have a job...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »
I vote we make MUScoop a Woelfel free zone.

MUScoop

• Administrator
  • Walk-On
    • MUScoop - Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 07:12:39 PM »
I vote we make MUScoop a Woelfel free zone.
Agreed.  From today on, anyone posting a Woelfel article will be warned on the first infraction.  The second infraction will result in a 2 day ban.  The 3rd strike?  Well, everyone knows....you're out!

8)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »
Whoa, pretty tough on Woeful posters.  It's a tough call .. on one hand, you want to hear what the dufus says, on the other, you don't want to give him any satisfaction that there are people reading his tripe.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:57:16 PM by Warrior91 »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »
Gery is a turd.....he only covers MU in the negative, which means he has not covered them much in 2006. Still, his sophomoric name-calling is reprehensible and his editors should step in and end that nonsense.    FWIW, a while back we did an analysis of his MU coverage just for kicks over at the blog, I can find it interested.

Tampa Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »
Whoa, pretty tough on Woeful posters.  It's a tough call .. on one hand, you want to hear what the dufus says, on the other, you don't want to give him any satisfaction that there are people reading his tripe.

Nah, actually on neither hand do I want to hear what he says. It's been established that he's an idiot, and life's too short to pay attention to idiots.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:30:22 AM »
I would be shocked if anyone associated with MU even acknowledges his existence.  Didn't he have a blurb about DWade having to leave early for the NBA because he couldn't hack it grade wise or something to that effect?

His disdain for MU is so obvious in every little comment he makes and I have no doubt that TC has a huge dislike for the guy.

By the way, is it just me or is there some bigtime tension between TC and Peter Brown.  Every time TC is on his radio show it seems like the back and forth banter between the two is very edgy.

muole

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
maybe crean saved the deal because, umm...... cords was about to retire and was sick of being jerked around by the jerk bud.  crean and jeter come out of this looking like the good guys.  i can't blame cords if he had enough of UWM's whining.

oh - it's nice to be part of the board.  The site looks great.  Should be a pleasent experience if Abe and Chief from the JS board don't show their faces.

abe - if you're here, I only meant Chief, because I know you're a huge MU fan.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »
glad u are here, MUole.

btw, did u post at the Rivals board too?

muole

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »
Yo NYWarrior - No I'm not part of the rivals board.  I got all I can handle with the JS and now this one. 

I am SO ready for the season to start!  We've sufficiently beaten all off-season topics to death.

feedback