[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz interview?  (Read 2122 times)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Buzz interview?
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »
Did anyone listen tot he postgame with Homer?  Just curious to what was said.  I have said this for 4 years I would just like to see Homer or someone ask Buzz or Crean before, why they dont tell the guys to quick chucking early threes?   My ggodness we were effective driving th ball.  I would not have so much a problem with end of shot clock threes after probing the defense with no luck but we shot quick three after quick three.  I would love to have the answer why after 4 years Crean and Buzz have not gotten to the point where they tell certain players to simply not shoot 3's unless the shot clock is going off. 

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
Re: Buzz interview?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »
Did anyone listen tot he postgame with Homer?  Just curious to what was said.  I have said this for 4 years I would just like to see Homer or someone ask Buzz or Crean before, why they dont tell the guys to quick chucking early threes?   My ggodness we were effective driving th ball.  I would not have so much a problem with end of shot clock threes after probing the defense with no luck but we shot quick three after quick three.  I would love to have the answer why after 4 years Crean and Buzz have not gotten to the point where they tell certain players to simply not shoot 3's unless the shot clock is going off. 

The bottom line is this team lives and dies by the 3 ball. Tonight, they obviously died(and it was one awful death) by it. The fact is this team has no post threat to really play an effective inside/out game. So when teams pack it in like SF did tonight and there's not much room to penetrate this is what we tend to see. Guys standing around the perimeter throwing up 3's. This game reminded me so much of the 3 amigos soph. year when James would jack up 3's from all over the court and just lay one brick after another.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »
The bottom line is this team lives and dies by the 3 ball. Tonight, they obviously died(and it was one awful death) by it. The fact is this team has no post threat to really play an effective inside/out game. So when teams pack it in like SF did tonight and there's not much room to penetrate this is what we tend to see. Guys standing around the perimeter throwing up 3's. This game reminded me so much of the 3 amigos soph. year when James would jack up 3's from all over the court and just lay one brick after another.

No, this team does not live an die by the 3 ball.  Who do you think we are, Princeton?  We have success, about 35-40% of the 3 ball, but tonight we were cold.  To blame one aspect of our game failing us tonight is just wrong.  Missed open 2 and 3 point shots.  Missed FTs.  Played poor transition defense.  'Rel fouled out.  It's a combination of things that led to this loss, and 'Zar missed a 1 footer to win it! 

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 09:46:02 PM »
HEy i dont have a problem shooting the three ball ...we are who we are my frustration was how many times did we touch the ball at ther Ft line.  We not only shot three but we shot quick threes....work the zone for 25 seconds and then shoot a three ok, but we shot threes 5 seconds into the clock.  and most importnatly DJ was taking them, if we are going to lose shooting three then we need to be smart enough that jerel or wes take them not DJ.   last point apart form the 2 threes at the end of the first half DJ's other 7 threes were all very very early in the clock....why the F!!! is that I thought the team and he was past that? 

witht hat said shoot 50% from the Ft line and we win.  w

Win or lose or decison making was so poor it does not bode well for us going forward, if DJ is going to shoot quick threes 10X a game this losing will get commonplace

feedback