[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where was Hazel Tonight???  (Read 3275 times)

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
Where was Hazel Tonight???
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

I just realized that Hazel didn't play tonight. 

MUFan71

• Scholarship Player
Re: Where was Hazel Tonight???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:28:27 PM »
 Two games in a row zero minutes.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:04 PM »

I just realized that Hazel didn't play tonight. 

Playing nintendo with Otule, who looks like he will not see another minute this season.,

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
DePaul was a bad matchup for Patrick. ;D

Boone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:51 PM »
I'd say the Hazel transfer watch is officially on. Even Fulce got in today over Pat.

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
I'd say the Hazel transfer watch is officially on. Even Fulce got in today over Pat.

Dumb comment.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »
According to whom? Buzz and staff are actively recruiting for '09, Pat's out of the rotation and not a Buzz recruit. That equals most likely candidate to leave.

muole

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
i wouldn't necessarily go there.  Buzz seems quite content with his 7 man rotation, plus the additional spot players when needed.  pat will contribute again at some point this season.

maybe he isn't getting it done in practice or class or something like that.  you never know.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
Assuming he's not hurt...

If Hazel was going to be contributing again at any point this season, how could he not have been in there tonight?  Burke got two quick fouls and he never even sniffed the court.

It's too bad too, because I really thought Hazel was doing a decent job backing up Burke earlier in the year.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:45:59 PM »
How many times have we seen threads like this one this season...?

Fulce didn't play 2 games in a row, so he must be transferring. Funny how about 5minutes of PT tonight put those rumors to bed... Cubillan doesn't play much, so he must be transferring. Played more tonight than he has in a while... Now Pat doesn't see the floor in a couple games and suddenly he's the odd man out...

I think some of us are guilty of reading between the lines when there's nothing there to be read.

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
According to whom? Buzz and staff are actively recruiting for '09, Pat's out of the rotation and not a Buzz recruit. That equals most likely candidate to leave.

According to me.  Just because someone hasn't played in a couple games doesn't mean you have to start rumors about him transferring.  I'm sick of all of these.  First it was Cubillan, then Fulce, now Hazel?  Remember, while we are still recruiting for next year, nobody has been signed.  So until that happens, let's stop making things up.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:25 PM »
And you are...? 

I don't see Fulce leaving. The only reason he hasn't played is b/c he's been hurt. Cooby's a JR, so why would he go now when he's so close to his degree? That leaves Pat. And where there's smoke there's fire. Buzz has offered scholarships to at least 2 '09 recruits (Riley and Smith). Riley has an official visit scheduled for MU. B/c recruits can only take a handful of official visits, someone as good as Riley is is not going to waste one on a school that may have a scholarship available. Even someone who's on 'shrooms should be able to read between the lines here. Someone is leaving.  
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:57:40 PM by Boone »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »
According to me.  Just because someone hasn't played in a couple games doesn't mean you have to start rumors about him transferring.  I'm sick of all of these.  First it was Cubillan, then Fulce, now Hazel?  Remember, while we are still recruiting for next year, nobody has been signed.  So until that happens, let's stop making things up.

Yeah, those threads can be tired.

But looking at Cubillan's value to this team right now (based on his performance), I'd rather have a nice recruit in his place.

Hazel's been and continues to be an enigma. Don't know what the recruiting staff saw in him, but his worth has been, so far, his ability to spell Burke some minutes.
SS Marquette

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »
As disappointing as Cubillan has been this year (and as little playing time he has been given), I have to tip my hat to him.

It could've been easy for him to sulk on the bench.  Instead, he's always the first one up during timeouts to pump up our squad.  Although ineffective on the floor, his support speaks volumes to this year's teams success (and even more so to a youthful team next year).

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »
Wow,

Do you people even watch the game?   Buzz only played Burke 16 minutes and has found a small ball lineup that does things better than when Hazel is put in.     

Different bench players step up when needed.  Acker had his game, Hazel has had his moment too...along with Fulce and Butler.  All of them have had DNP-CD this season.  Unless Hazel is pouting in practice, then he will play when he is needed and only then.

It's not eighth grade where everyone gets to play.

feedback