[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: U-Verse Game Broadcast Question  (Read 7243 times)

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
U-Verse Game Broadcast Question
« on: December 08, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »
I'm taking the HDTV plunge pretty soon and thinking of switching to U-Verse here in MKE. One of the things keeping me from making that decision hands down is losing Time Warner Sports. While I have season tickets, I definitely DVR games for review/DVD making purposes, and would hate to completely lose game broadcasts.

I know a lot of our games are on "affiliates" such as SNY, which are offered as part of the sports package on U-Verse. Does anyone know if the games are blacked out on those, or are they aired, like on satellite (which is not an option for me in a high-rise).

While we're on the subject, anyone here have U-Verse and have any thoughts?

🏀

• All American
Re: U-Verse Game Broadcast Question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »
We just got U-Verse by leaving DirecTV (Sorry, Chicos) because of the internet. I've been impressed it so far. I cannot speak for the Sports Pack however.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:06:09 PM »
We just got U-Verse by leaving DirecTV (Sorry, Chicos) because of the internet. I've been impressed it so far. I cannot speak for the Sports Pack however.

Not a problem...AT&T or Verizon will own us sooner rather than later in my opinion.  It's costing those two companies ridiculous amounts of money to build all this fiber and they can't (nor should they) do it everywhere.  There will be more consolidation.  FIOS is a good product from Verizon, U-Verse is pretty good (though I wish they weren't running fiber to copper, that's their only downside which ultimately will be their handicap...not sure why they chose to do that....FIOS is running fiber straight to the home and Verizon has a good thing going there).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »
I will be where the Sunday Ticket is. 

Chicos, any knowledge on how long that exclusive contract is with DirectTV?

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »
PTM, you still up here, or are you back in IL?

Which internet speed did you get with U-Verse, I know they have several options. Seems to be a wash with TWC, price-wise, but the channel lineup looks to be pretty solid.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »

Which internet speed did you get with U-Verse, I know they have several options. Seems to be a wash with TWC, price-wise, but the channel lineup looks to be pretty solid.

Just dumped TW for U-Verse here in LA. U-Verse much better. Number of channels offered by U-Verse substantialy exceeds TW, and we are paying a little less than TW.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »
I will be where the Sunday Ticket is. 

Chicos, any knowledge on how long that exclusive contract is with DirectTV?

We have two more years on it after this current season.  Unless it gets extended before then.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »
I switched from Comcast to Uverse a couple months ago. Couldn't be happier with my decision. I've got literally every ESPN channel, and more awesomely, Uverse has ESPN360.com, which means I get to watch virtually every MU game either on TV or my computer--without having to even subscribe to Full Court. Comcast did not offer ESPN360.

And I'm paying about $40 a month less than I was with Comcast, including Internet.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
Chicos,

My sister has DirecTV and I was wondering if I could buy the Sports Package for her for Christmas to watch the MU games.  Is that even possible?  Or should I just give her a check or money?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:23 PM »

I'm back in Illinois.  I don't know what speed my roommates, ahem, parents got, but I bet it was the cheapest option. Ether way, I'm downloading from torrents fast and not having a single problem with Xbox Live if that helps.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:21 AM »
I switched from Comcast to Uverse a couple months ago. Couldn't be happier with my decision. I've got literally every ESPN channel, and more awesomely, Uverse has ESPN360.com, which means I get to watch virtually every MU game either on TV or my computer--without having to even subscribe to Full Court. Comcast did not offer ESPN360.

Do you have to subscribe to the sports package to get ESPN360?  If not, how do you do it?  Is it a particular channel?  I've had U-verse for nearly a year now (and have been very happy with it), and I didn't know I could get ESPN360.  Please let me know how you access that.

Thanks.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 10:09:45 AM »
Do you have to subscribe to the sports package to get ESPN360?  If not, how do you do it?  Is it a particular channel?  I've had U-verse for nearly a year now (and have been very happy with it), and I didn't know I could get ESPN360.  Please let me know how you access that.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure he means that AT&T's internet network will let you access ESPN360.com through your computer. 360 access on your TV would be a great idea, if anyone from the big E is listening, though.  ;)

If the weather improves by lunchtime, I might take a ride up to the AT&T store to demo the service today.

cheesey

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
I jumped on U-verse as soon as it came to Wauwatosa. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality.   I had so many problems with TW.  As for ESPN 360, I watch the games on my laptop all the time, if you have att as your internet provider.  I believe that you can go back an watch games again for a certain time after the game is over as well.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »
I will test the ESPN360 tonight and report back.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
Chicos,

My sister has DirecTV and I was wondering if I could buy the Sports Package for her for Christmas to watch the MU games.  Is that even possible?  Or should I just give her a check or money?

She has to do it since she owns the account.  There are no gift certificates or gift cards if that's what you mean.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 02:28:53 PM »
Just went and got a demo of the U-Verse system, and I have to say I'm impressed, and leaning towards switching.

Anyone have any speculation, as far as blackouts on SNY or channels like that?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Just went and got a demo of the U-Verse system, and I have to say I'm impressed, and leaning towards switching.

Anyone have any speculation, as far as blackouts on SNY or channels like that?

They have SNY but it's not in HD yet.  (At least according to their website for the Wauwatosa zip code)

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »
I saw that too, I'm just wondering if games actually air on it, like DTV, or if they'd be blacked out in MKE.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
I will test the ESPN360 tonight and report back.

I tried it on my laptop last night and it worked great.  Once I hit the ESPN360 link, it said that my internet provider offered ESPN360 and prompted me to download the plug-in.  Very cool.  Thanks for the info Tribby, I had no idea.

Add this to the long list of reasons I've been very happy with U-verse (channel line-up; dvr that records up to four channels at once; ability to watch recorded shows on any tv; etc., etc., etc.).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »

Thanks.
Glad to help!

feedback