[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Update?  (Read 7834 times)

Desert_warrior

• Scholarship Player
Update?
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »
Stuck away from computer. Any chance of an update?

Marquette Mama

• Scholarship Player
Re: Update?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
65-44 Marquette.  15 and some change to play.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
Marquette is up by 21, early in the 2nd half.
65-41

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »
Up by 21...McNeal with 19 and looking strong.  Hayward with a good game (active on the glass and knocking down some 3's).

Desert_warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
Sweet! Thanks.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Up 18 just inside 9 minutes.

Big 4 romping against a clearly DII or DIII squad. Jerel has 21, Zar 19, Wes 13 and DJ 11 with some nice passes.

A lot more touches for the bigs in the new offense but not a ton of production from the big guys.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 02:45:54 PM »
Col. State is killing us beyond the arc...they must be shooting 40-50% from 3.
We do fairly well on Defense throughout the possession but similarly to last year we end up giving a wide open look with 3-4 seconds left on the shot clock...obviously it's early but still

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
The new guys have looked better than expected; otule being the highlight except for his knack of fouling.  The biggest weakness has been our perimeter defense which has been abysmal.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
Butler has really been aggressive on the offensive glass and O'Tule looks like a freshman but I think he'll be able to contribute. (Needs to work on getting better defensive position, he picked up his last couple of fouls because he couldn't get around his man in the post)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
90-66 with 3:18 left. Hayward looks stellar, scored a bunch early and grabbed some bench. Wes has been getting some easy looks in the paint from Acker and DJ. OTule was surprisingly decent, but needs to watch his off ball fouls. Hazel has progressed and it may be able to eat some minutes this year. Butler is great from the FT line, and plays good defense. CSP has dropped some ridic three pointers, defense has given them a lot of looks.

Lots of different lineups, should be exciting.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »
Final

94-73

MU Wins
SS Marquette

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
Defense was pretty bad.   Although they were containing them to the 3 pt line a lot in the first half and they were making a lot of them.   They seemed pretty lax on D, not as many fouls but not as many to's forced.   Buzz needs to get that in order.   Offense was ok, jacked up too many threes and had some lazy passes.   Need to get a lot sharper all around. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 03:15:08 PM »
Defense was pretty bad.   Although they were containing them to the 3 pt line a lot in the first half and they were making a lot of them.   They seemed pretty lax on D, not as many fouls but not as many to's forced.   Buzz needs to get that in order.   Offense was ok, jacked up too many threes and had some lazy passes.   Need to get a lot sharper all around. 

Agreed that the 3pt defense was lax, but CSU Pueblo did take almost 30 3s. They were bound to hit some of them.
SS Marquette

nola03

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
They improved in the second half which is reassuring. Talent eventually wins out but it felt like this game was wrapped in an air of laziness, typical of an exhibition. They'll probably have the same kinks on Friday night and you hope they sharpen it up for Chicago State because if they go into the UWM game like this they could be beat.

Far more important then the game, does anyone know if Buzz cried in the post game presser?

Pardner

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
Typical exhibition game.  Lots of garbage.  Buzz was able to run in all the crew--less the boots on the IR.  Buzz didn't cry-but was po'ed after.  Defense on the perimeter was horrible.  We shot a lot of treys--but way too early.  O didn't set up at all.  OTule has great hands and feet but way out of position on D.  All five of his fouls were due to being out of position.  He had a nice swat.  Butler looked good on D (deflecting mainly)--he is going to cause some problems on match-ups, got 4 or 5 O rebounds.  Great student turnout...alums MIA.  Buzz and staff spent a lot of time teaching on the bench.  He is active on the sidelines but no DP sightings.

As an aside, I liked the 1:00 start.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »
Typical exhibition game.  Lots of garbage.  Buzz was able to run in all the crew--less the boots on the IR.  Buzz didn't cry-but was po'ed after.  Defense on the perimeter was horrible.  We shot a lot of treys--but way too early.  O didn't set up at all.  OTule has great hands and feet but way out of position on D.  All five of his fouls were due to being out of position.  He had a nice swat.  Butler looked good on D (deflecting mainly)--he is going to cause some problems on match-ups, got 4 or 5 O rebounds.  Great student turnout...alums MIA.  Buzz and staff spent a lot of time teaching on the bench.  He is active on the sidelines but no DP sightings.

As an aside, I liked the 1:00 start.

Good to hear that Buzz was not happy because the shot selection and defense for much of the game was horrible.  The only good defensive stretch was the first 5 minutes of the second half.  Why did the team come out so late at the start of the game?

Other notes:
Hayward and McNeal looked awesome.  They will have great years. 

Dom and Wes looked the same as last year. 

Burke also looked the same.  He will have his UW type games but they will not happen consistently.  At least his free throw form looked so much better.  He should ratchet up his
FT% to the low 60s. 

Otule can score.  Otule can't defend worth a darn although he did have 1 very nice rejection.  Unfortunately he will be playing extended minutes this year until he fouls out which will probably happen quite a bit.

Butler looked good. I was impressed but his minutes will go down a lot when Fulce comes back.

Very very few post up entry passes and I don't recall any that resulted in points although I was distracted a little with my 4 year old.

Lets hope there is consistent improvement throughout the year and that we come out a lot better on Friday night.

Marquette65

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
who/what is DP ?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »
who/what is DP ?
My guess is Diet Pepsi
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »

Far more important then the game, does anyone know if Buzz cried in the post game presser?

You ever going to get over the fact he's the coach? Move to Bloomington if you miss him so much.

nola03

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »
You ever going to get over the fact he's the coach? Move to Bloomington if you miss him so much.

The Bulldog back on the beat. Just in time to patrol the opening of the season. Sweet.  :-X

Got a text couple of hours after the game from someone inside the room that wrote "Buzz getting emotional.......and not the good kind". Considering we've had various UNO posters tell us that Buzz cried after multiple games it's a valid question to wonder whether that would start immediately or just be seen after regular season games.

You know, it's deliciously ironic that you paint me as having Creanis Envy when you are the one over the past months who has started bi-weekly threads on Tom Crean/Indiana that have included links to reports of former recruits, links to Crean press conferences, and links to Indiana basketball games. Looking at our records, it's clear to see who misses him.  ;)

BTW, look over my posts from the past three months. I've been quite complementary of Buzz and his staff.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
Stuck away from computer. Any chance of an update?

A good way to check scores if you don't have internet on your phone is Cha Cha.....text your question to 242242 (chacha) and someone will answer you within a minute.  Its all done by regular people, your questions get forwarded to a cha cha's website and a user on the other end gets paid 10 cents to answer your question, he also must provide a source.  If you're really bored and have way to much time on your hands you can log into the site and answer the text questions.

Best of all its free, outside of standard text message charges.  And no, I don't work for them just think its great.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »
I thought We looked more aggressive and efficient than last year - I thought he turned it up a notch or Buzz was getting him more involved - great to see - he had some atletic moves to the hoop.

Also, Otule did score on a feed to him in the post, with a nice move to his left, then back to the right for a two footer.  I thought we'd do more of that too, but we didn't do it often.

feedback