[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon Status?  (Read 4829 times)

NotAnAlum

• All American
Maymon Status?
« on: October 08, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
I know that there were some clouds surrounding Maymon's ability to qualify.  With the evidence that Snaer, Wilson and the big foreign kid from NC all feel that MU is an option could that mean we could lose Maymon.  Of all the kids both committed and potential to me he is the most important because he could develop into the low post scoring threat he have found so hard to come by.  Any update on his status?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Maymon Status?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »
Did you see this thread?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=9975.0
What exactly did you do in summer school? I only took two classes. Went in there, knocked it out -- an A and a B. So I did good.

So you feel like you're on track academically? Oh yeah. I'm looking forward to...school's actually fun this year.

Have your academics become a motivation for you? Because without doing well, you'll be making it harder on yourself to qualify academically next year at MU. Oh yeah, definitely. Right now I'm on track, I'm eligible. I just want keep it that way for this school year, make sure I pass all my classes and everything like that so I'll be good.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »
any news on any test scores?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »
I heard a rumor that he scored a 10, yes a 10, on the ACT. I have no idea if that is a reliable number however, just a rumor I heard... lets hope he was super hungover or something if that is true... I can't even imagine scoring a 10 on the ACT you'd almost have to try to get that low.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:08:44 PM by spartan3186 »

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:52:25 PM »
I heard a rumor that he scored a 10, yes a 10, on the ACT. I have no idea if that is a reliable number however, just a rumor I heard... lets hope he was super hungover or something if that is true... I can't even imagine scoring a 10 on the ACT you'd almost have to try to get that low.

If it is only a rumor and you have no idea if there is truth to this, I think its maybe sometthing you shouldn't post.  That said a '10' is unbelievably bad.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »
In regards to spartan3186's original message:

I'm sorry. I'm not one to bust anyones chops on an internet message board but I don't think this has ANY place on a Marquette Basketball fan site, let alone any website. We're talking about a 17, maybe 18 year old kid. It simply shouldn't be on this site.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:55:28 PM by mwbauer7 »

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »
someone asked if anyone had any idea of any of Maymon's test score. I heard if from someone who says they heard it from a "reliable source" I don't know the source so no I don't know if its actually reliable. Its 3rd hand at best, I was just answering the question. That is what I heard

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
Maybe it was the same "source" who said Trevor was back at MU?

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
I never said he was back, I just said I checked the Student Directory and he was in it.

ondo10

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »

You're an idiot.  First, to post a RUMOR about a test score of a teenager on the internet is irresponsible.  To hope that the teenager was hungover while taking the test is classless. 

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »
Sorry I forgot the teal, obviously I don't really hope we was hung over. I was simply hoping he had a good reason to score that low, from what I hear he is a bright kid. I'm just wondering why he would score so low if he put any effort in at all. And I acknowledge I probably could have worded it better

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »
Spartan, did Maymon score better than you on the ACT?

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
Maybe it was the same "source" who said Trevor was back at MU?

Or, going back a little further, it could have been the same source who said Fitz was quitting the team last season in order to start looking for a job.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 11:43:47 PM »
For jmayer1, mwbauer7, and ondo10: What are you guys thinking?

If you really don't believe that what spartan posted should exist on the internet, why the hell would you quote his post verbatim....3 times!!!  If he reconsidered his question, at least he can edit his own posts.  But he has no control over your 3 posts.

And for Ondo especially..."idiot"?  Refrain from name calling - or you'll be banned.

Now, for spartan, it may not be the best judgment you've ever had to reiterate this unsubstantiated rumor, or to imply that Maymon drinking had anything to do with it (which wasn't even part of the rumor!).  Sometimes it's best just to leave things to the imagination (or unsaid).

As a mod, I could edit all the above posts, but I think anybody reading this thread can understand that what is/was posted isn't meant as harm, nor will harm people.  If the rumor is true, Jeronne needs to study a bit more before he retakes the test.  If it's false, then well, it's just funny.

If you guys want to remove it from the internet, you're free to edit your posts.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:35:57 AM by rocky_warrior »

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 11:45:13 PM »
Ok like I stated explicitly in my comment that it was a rumor and I did not know the validity of it. I acknowledge people I know have been wrong before so I did not try to pass this off as first hand knowledge. I said it was a rumor and that's all I said take it or leave it. And no I did not score a 9 on the ACT. I would like to think MU has higher admission standards than that

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »
didnt some random monkey score a 9? can i get some verification on that :)

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 12:00:32 AM »
For jmayer1, mwbauer7, and ondo10: What are you guys thinking?

If you really don't believe that what spartan posted should exist on the internet, why the hell would you quote his post verbatim....3 times!!!  If he reconsidered his question, at least he can edit his own posts.  But he has no control over your 3 posts.

And for Ondo especially..."idiot"?  Refrain from name calling - or you'll be banned.

Now, for spartan, it may not be the best judgment you've ever had to reiterate this unsubstantiated rumor, or to imply that Maymon drinking had anything to do with it (which wasn't even part of the rumor!).  Sometimes it's best just to leave things to the imagination (or unsaid).

As a mod, I could edit all the above posts, but I think anybody with 1/2 a brain reading this thread can understand that what is/was posted isn't meant as harm, nor will harm people.  If the rumor is true, Jeronne needs to study a bit more before he retakes the test.  If it's false, then well, it's just funny.

If you guys want to remove it from the internet, you're free to edit your posts.

1- I don't think about how message boards operate before I used them. To be honest, it had never crossed my mind.

2- We'll go ahead and agree to disagree on whether or not something like this belongs here. The kid just started his senior year in HS and we're posting flattering things about his rumored ACT scores?

MUONTOP

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
Ok like I stated explicitly in my comment that it was a rumor and I did not know the validity of it. I acknowledge people I know have been wrong before so I did not try to pass this off as first hand knowledge. I said it was a rumor and that's all I said take it or leave it. And no I did not score a 9 on the ACT. I would like to think MU has higher admission standards than that

IF you were admitted to this school....I would hope that MU does have higher admission standards than that.  Just think before you post, by looking at the reaction just on this relatively small board you must realize how damaging a rumor like this can be to a kid who is trying very hard to qualify to a school he dreams to attend.  Imagine the work he puts into basketball and realize how hard he must work to practice his and at the same time do well at school.  I can't imagine the pressure and the hopes...and your comments simply are inconsiderate.  

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »
easy bauer, or ill post your score for the public to see  ;)

feedback