[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette picked to finish FIRST in Big East by USA Today. National Expectations  (Read 3774 times)

ecompt

• All American
Wow. Love to see it, but in a league with UConn, Louiisville, ND, Pitt...I doubt it. Any one of those four teams could be Final Four material. We could, too, if we get anything out of the 5 spot.

The Lens

• All American
They obviously realize our coaching talent has finally caught up to our playing talent.  And I mean that seriously and about coaches 1-4 not just one.  We have a real, professional staff.  I doubt Dale Layer is working on his resume every night.  Buzz scares me a little bit with his # of days at MU and watching other people's pressers but he can't be any worse of a game coach than TC.  It sounds like he'll work as hard (which was TC's extraordinary gift) and with Benford & Layer, he has two vets on his side.

Great to see these expectations...who wants to bet against Jerel McNeal?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

dsfire

• All American
Does sound... at least a little odd that they'd pick UL to finish 6th in the Big East but get a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney  ?-(

dwaderoy2004

• All American
i haven't seen the paper, but i'm guessing that one person did the big east projections, and another did the ncaa tournament projections.  two people, two opinions.

Marqdman

• Walk-On
We'll just have to go out there and [try to] prove it.  On a side note, I randomly saw James on the cover of Lindy's College Basketball 2008-2009 Preview.  MU is profiled on page 77....a sign of good things to come?

4everwarriors

• All American
Smart money says ZFB has a better chance of finishing on top of EA than the Warriors do of finishing on top of the Big East. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Smart money says ZFB has a better chance of finishing on top of EA than the Warriors do of finishing on top of the Big East. ;D

nah, she likes it from b........nope, not gonna finish my sentence.   8-)

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
That's not what she told me......