collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Scrimmages and Exhibition games of interest by MuMark
[Today at 08:55:41 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by The Equalizer
[Today at 08:39:06 PM]


2026 Coaching Carousel by tower912
[Today at 08:37:19 PM]


NM by MU82
[Today at 06:01:24 PM]


Judge Rules that Last Years Seniors Are Eligible for a 5th Year by Hards Alumni
[Today at 02:10:22 PM]


Big East offseason news by willie warrior
[Today at 12:01:27 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

MU Chi_IL

Or does his final 4 make everything even and he can walk away to another job? 

Almost everything Crean has asked the University to do, they have made it happen and in a first class way.  The University gave him his first head coaching position.  Filled jobs with his family members and cuts him a nice check.

I have been going back and forth about my perception of Crean and if he is the kinda guy that wants to build his legacy here or take it to his next job.  I honestly don't know the answer, but I think if UK comes knocking he almost owes it to himself professionally to take the job.  On the other hand I think he drinks his own MU koolaid, so I could see him staying for a long time (8 years of raising you family in one place is a long time to get comfortable). 

Another question - does his name coming up for high profile job hurt in recruiting, I don't think it does.  I think if you are a five star and considering MU and Crean's name is all over the media as a hotshot/up and comer do you think to yourself, I want to play for that man even more (this all assuming he stays)?

 

SoCalwarrior

I don't think Crean owes MU anything as they, MU and Crean, have both mutually benefited from the relationship.

The 8 years at MU is the biggest factor for me.  I have to believe this is the last time he is referred to as a young, rising star coach.  If it isn't UK, he isn't going anywhere.  (okay, maybe MSU one day)

Nevertheless, I do decree... Beginning next year, Tom Crean shall be referred to as Marquette's veteran men's basketball coach.

4everwarriors

Does a prostitute owe a john anything?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

Quote from: 4everwarriors on March 23, 2007, 07:37:33 PM
Does a prostitute owe a john anything?

Of course: Loyalty and good times.

It has been good times, but this last NCAA exit was a disappointment.
SS Marquette

ppp098

Crean doesn't owe MU anything. It's business.


muPARTY


Previous topic - Next topic