collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Caedin Out a Few Months by JoanofArcMascot
[Today at 01:12:57 AM]


MASSIVE NCAA rule change yesterday - Foreign Tours by Jay Bee
[October 06, 2026, 08:56:51 PM]


2027 Bracketology by Jay Bee
[October 06, 2026, 08:24:06 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by MU82
[October 06, 2026, 07:39:02 PM]


Recruiting as of 6/15/26 by WhiteTrash
[October 06, 2026, 07:01:51 PM]


Big East offseason news by MU82
[October 06, 2026, 02:05:05 PM]


Open Scrimmage by Jay Bee
[October 06, 2026, 01:46:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

ChicosBailBonds

Incidentally, this whole thing made SportsBusinessDaily today


CASTING CALL: AWFUL ANNOUNCING's Brian Powell posted a casting call for an ESPN ad that calls for actors to represent "students from various Universities," and offers a description of stereotypes for numerous schools. Powell wrote the casting call depicts the ad as "possibly one of the most sexist, racist and stereotypical ads ever." The description for Marquette Univ. calls for a female who, "on a scale of 1-10, she's a six." Powell: "Really? I mean ... REALLY?!?!?" He added, "Oh and so they want one 'BLACK kid' and one 'African-American?' Pretty funny how the 'African-American' went to Harvard and the 'BLACK kid' draws comic books. Unbelievable." Powell noted the casting call has been "taken down." ESPN said in a statement, "Our marketing department just learned of this casting call today and the campaign is not something we will pursue. The language and approach reflected in that document were not approved by us and in no way represent ESPN or the respect we have for the college community" (AWFULANNOUNCING.com, 11/12).




I sent an email to two of my buddies that are VP's there, I used to work with them at DTV.  I asked which one of them was responsible and that a "6" probably wasn't too far off the mark.   ;)

chapman

I'm surprised it turned out to be legit. 

I don't think the Marquette one was inaccurate or near the most offensive.  I'm not particularly offended by any of it, but of any of them I thought claiming the Louisville student to be an aspiring jockey was pretty bad.

ChicosBailBonds

Quote from: chapman on November 13, 2008, 08:25:58 PM
I'm surprised it turned out to be legit. 

I don't think the Marquette one was inaccurate or near the most offensive.  I'm not particularly offended by any of it, but of any of them I thought claiming the Louisville student to be an aspiring jockey was pretty bad.

You and I both, but there are a lot of people in this country that are offended if you even look at them quizzically. 

77ncaachamps

SS Marquette

Previous topic - Next topic