MUScoop

MUScoop => Hangin' at the Al => Topic started by: TallTitan34 on August 13, 2026, 10:03:03 PM

Title: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 13, 2026, 10:03:03 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on redesigning my muoverload.com website and wanted to get some feedback before I get too far into it.

Old: https://muoverload.a2hosted.com
New: https://muoverload.com

If anyone has suggestions on content, layout, or organization for either the desktop or mobile versions, I'd love to hear it. I'm trying to make the site as user-friendly and easy to navigate as possible.

A few examples of the new design:
Stats – shows an example of what an individual stats page will look like.

Media Vault → Jersey History – shows an example of a page focused on images.

Media Vault → Team Intro Videos – shows an example of a page focused on videos.

Click around and let me know what you like, what you don't like, or anything you think could be organized or presented better. Any feedback is appreciated!
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: JakeBarnes on August 13, 2026, 10:13:05 PM
Maybe a Shaka hot seat tracker?

But honestly, this redesign is great
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Shooter McGavin on August 13, 2026, 11:23:58 PM
Titan.  Well done.  Appreciate you!
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: IrwinFletcher on August 14, 2026, 07:30:04 AM
Would you be able to do a link to the media guides as opposed to just the covers?
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 14, 2026, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: JakeBarnes on August 13, 2026, 10:13:05 PMMaybe a Shaka hot seat tracker?

Haha with a level determined by Scoop voters.

Quote from: IrwinFletcher on August 14, 2026, 07:30:04 AMWould you be able to do a link to the media guides as opposed to just the covers?

I can add that to an extent... A few years ago the Marquette Library Archives scanned the stats, box scores, and rosters from the old media guides for me which I used to compile the stats and rosters.  So for the older guides I can add the pages I do have, however, they won't be complete.

For the more recent years (2006-2013) I do have several full PDFs saved I can include. 
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: MU82 on August 14, 2026, 11:15:39 AM
Perhaps a section dedicated to the wonderful characters of Scoop!

Aside from that obvious oversight, though, the site looks nice.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 14, 2026, 11:23:30 AM
Quote from: MU82 on August 14, 2026, 11:15:39 AMPerhaps a section dedicated to the wonderful characters of Scoop!

Complete with a Dentist sub-section.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Scoop Snoop on August 14, 2026, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on August 14, 2026, 11:23:30 AMComplete with a Dentist sub-section.

I suggest calling it "The Root Canals".

How about one more sub-section..."Wailin' Willie"?

Thanks for all your work, Titan. Very nice site.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: JakeBarnes on August 14, 2026, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: MU82 on August 14, 2026, 11:15:39 AMPerhaps a section dedicated to the wonderful characters of Scoop!

Aside from that obvious oversight, though, the site looks nice.

Williebot Player Nickname generator. A few to start:

Nolan Miss-essale.
Nash Sitter
Alex stinky egg

(im trying to feed it the appropriate thought level that goes into these--mine would be far more clever)
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: tower912 on August 14, 2026, 01:07:39 PM
Mocking MU players names?  Oh, wise guy.  Why, I oughta.... Nyok,Nyok, Nyok.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: MU82 on August 14, 2026, 05:24:52 PM
Quote from: JakeBarnes on August 14, 2026, 12:02:39 PMWilliebot Player Nickname generator. A few to start:

Nolan Miss-essale.
Nash Sitter
Alex stinky egg

(im trying to feed it the appropriate thought level that goes into these--mine would be far more clever)


"D.O. Durant"

"Yugo Parham"

"F-drien"
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Jay Bee on August 14, 2026, 07:01:17 PM
Rodney "Coach Pebble" Crawford
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: K1 Lover on August 15, 2026, 06:19:14 PM
New site looks very clean. You'd think it was the official site for MU athletics.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: GoldenWarrior11 on August 15, 2026, 07:38:40 PM
Is there a section for the kids?  A place to get hot dogs?  People have families, you know.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Jay Bee on August 15, 2026, 07:58:52 PM
Quote from: K1 Lover on August 15, 2026, 06:19:14 PMNew site looks very clean. You'd think it was the official site for MU athletics.

Nah, not enough misspellings and errors to be official MU quality.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: brewcity77 on August 16, 2026, 12:53:38 PM
Quote from: K1 Lover on August 15, 2026, 06:19:14 PMNew site looks very clean. You'd think it was the official site for MU athletics.

They'd never put in the work necessary for something like this. Guys like Titan, Anonymous Eagle, and Paint Touches put in far more work covering and promoting the program to the common fans than anyone in athletics does.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: wadesworld on August 16, 2026, 04:38:47 PM
Quote from: brewcity77 on August 16, 2026, 12:53:38 PMThey'd never put in the work necessary for something like this. Guys like Titan, Anonymous Eagle, and Paint Touches put in far more work covering and promoting the program to the common fans than anyone in athletics does.

No, they don't. I appreciate all the people who spend their own personal time putting out good Marquette information. But the "common fan" has no idea what Paint Touches, Anonymous Eagle, and MU Overload are. And that's not trying to trash them. But you act as if the average MUScoop poster is your everyday, run of the mill fan. They aren't. They're your diehard fan.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Scoop Snoop on August 16, 2026, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: wadesworld on August 16, 2026, 04:38:47 PMNo, they don't. I appreciate all the people who spend their own personal time putting out good Marquette information. But the "common fan" has no idea what Paint Touches, Anonymous Eagle, and MU Overload are. And that's not trying to trash them. But you act as if the average MUScoop poster is your everyday, run of the mill fan. They aren't. They're your diehard fan.

Agree, but you neglected to add that except for you and me, they're all crazy. And sometimes I'm not so sure about you.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: The Sultan on August 16, 2026, 05:32:02 PM
Quote from: brewcity77 on August 16, 2026, 12:53:38 PMThey'd never put in the work necessary for something like this. Guys like Titan, Anonymous Eagle, and Paint Touches put in far more work covering and promoting the program to the common fans than anyone in athletics does.

🤪🤪🤪
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: brewcity77 on August 16, 2026, 06:21:46 PM
Quote from: wadesworld on August 16, 2026, 04:38:47 PMNo, they don't. I appreciate all the people who spend their own personal time putting out good Marquette information. But the "common fan" has no idea what Paint Touches, Anonymous Eagle, and MU Overload are. And that's not trying to trash them. But you act as if the average MUScoop poster is your everyday, run of the mill fan. They aren't. They're your diehard fan.

They do. Just because they don't have the reach doesn't diminish the work they do. No one, no one period, remotely comes CLOSE to the coverage Anonymous Eagle gives to Marquette Athletics. Every game. Every sport. Every event. No one comes close. Anyone that doesn't recognize that simply isn't paying attention.

And if admin put in near as much effort as people like Titan do for free, then he wouldn't have to create it. But they don't, so he does.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: The Sultan on August 16, 2026, 06:47:47 PM
nm
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 17, 2026, 09:18:37 AM
Appreciate the kind words, Brew!

In fairness to the Athletic Department, I don't think there are many schools (if any?) that put out the type of content directly that Paint Touches and Anonymous Eagle do.

As for Overload, I'm a stats nerd myself. West Virginia (wvustats.com) and Kentucky (Big Blue History) both have stat sites, and my goal was to create something similar for Marquette with my limited website-building abilities. That's why the old site was essentially just a collection of spreadsheets. I believe the West Virginia site is run by the school, while the Kentucky site is clearly fan-made.

To the best of my knowledge, Overload is the only place where you can find a complete record of known Marquette player season and career statistics which is my primary goal. I've noticed that for several older seasons, Sports-Reference uses stats from a season stat printout that was produced before the end of the season, so some of those numbers are incomplete. For Overload, I use the Marquette Media Guide and the Marquette Tribune as my primary sources for the statistics.



Just an update, I've made muoverload.com direct to the new site.  I am currently in the process of importing everything from the old site.  Player season stats, media guide covers, courts, team intro videos, and logos have all been transferred.  Once I get everything over, I will work on adding the items people have requested.  (Maybe not the Scooper Section)  The old site can still be found at https://muoverload.a2hosted.com/. 
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: StillWarriors on August 18, 2026, 07:23:31 AM
Incredible work. New site looks great and user friendly. Thank you!
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 19, 2026, 10:29:28 PM
Just wanted to send a big thank you to @JSlow_98 who sent me about 150 additional game program covers to add to Overload.

I will get them uploaded here shortly.

Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: BrewCity83 on August 24, 2026, 12:17:39 PM
I noticed you're missing last season's baby blue Players Edition alternate in the jerseys collection.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 24, 2026, 01:06:33 PM
Quote from: BrewCity83 on August 24, 2026, 12:17:39 PMI noticed you're missing last season's baby blue Players Edition alternate in the jerseys collection.

Good catch!  I'll get that added.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: DFW HOYA on August 25, 2026, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on August 17, 2026, 09:18:37 AMAppreciate the kind words, Brew!

In fairness to the Athletic Department, I don't think there are many schools (if any?) that put out the type of content directly that Paint Touches and Anonymous Eagle do.

As for Overload, I'm a stats nerd myself. West Virginia (wvustats.com) and Kentucky (Big Blue History) both have stat sites, and my goal was to create something similar for Marquette with my limited website-building abilities. That's why the old site was essentially just a collection of spreadsheets. I believe the West Virginia site is run by the school, while the Kentucky site is clearly fan-made.

WVUStats.com is the gold standard for these sites--it was once run individually and I think it was later acquired/consolidated into the auspices of the WVU athletic department.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on August 27, 2026, 08:39:23 AM
Quote from: BrewCity83 on August 24, 2026, 12:17:39 PMI noticed you're missing last season's baby blue Players Edition alternate in the jerseys collection.

Added.

Additionally, I'm messing around with the search function.  If you search for a season in the format of "2002-03" it will pull up stats, media guide, court, team photo, logos, etc from that season.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: BrewCity83 on August 31, 2026, 02:37:32 PM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on August 27, 2026, 08:39:23 AMAdded.
Beautiful!  Thanks
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on September 16, 2026, 10:13:16 PM
Anyone have any ideas of what to put on the homepage?  I've tried a few things and haven't liked any of them.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: MU82 on September 17, 2026, 12:40:30 AM
Risqué photos of rocky and topper?
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Shooter McGavin on September 17, 2026, 04:24:50 AM
A changing montage of MUs big moments in history in the background.  Faded possibly because it would be background.  Al on the scorers table at Wisconsin, Wades reverse dunk in the Elite eight, Vander blue going up for his lefty layup to win against Davidson, cutting down the nets in 1977, etc.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Hards Alumni on September 17, 2026, 06:25:29 AM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on September 16, 2026, 10:13:16 PMAnyone have any ideas of what to put on the homepage?  I've tried a few things and haven't liked any of them.

You in the Golden Eagle suit, obviously.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: MU Fan in Connecticut on September 17, 2026, 06:46:28 AM
Bricky!??
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Uncle Rico on September 17, 2026, 07:11:34 AM
Quote from: Hards Alumni on September 17, 2026, 06:25:29 AMYou in the Golden Eagle suit, obviously.

Willie sitting in his luxury box with other big time donors
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on September 17, 2026, 08:00:36 AM
Quote from: Shooter McGavin on September 17, 2026, 04:24:50 AMA changing montage of MUs big moments in history in the background.  Faded possibly because it would be background.  Al on the scorers table at Wisconsin, Wades reverse dunk in the Elite eight, Vander blue going up for his lefty layup to win against Davidson, cutting down the nets in 1977, etc.

Oooo I like this.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Jay Bee on September 17, 2026, 09:38:42 AM
.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: The Sultan on September 17, 2026, 09:48:02 AM
HA HA.... JB's got dinky hands!!
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Hards Alumni on September 17, 2026, 09:48:59 AM
Now now, I'm sure most of the people around here aren't exactly super models.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: Jay Bee on September 17, 2026, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: The Sultan on September 17, 2026, 09:48:02 AMHA HA.... JB's got dinky hands!!

That's not my hand. Someone sent me the pic. My hands look great.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: The Sultan on September 17, 2026, 01:14:25 PM
Quote from: Jay Bee on September 17, 2026, 12:23:16 PMThat's not my hand. Someone sent me the pic. My hands look great.

(https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2021-03/9/20/asset/a0cd6af14b09/anigif_sub-buzz-12946-1615320803-21.gif?output-format=auto&output-quality=auto&downsize=360%3A%2A)
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: muwarrior69 on September 17, 2026, 03:24:44 PM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on September 16, 2026, 10:13:16 PMAnyone have any ideas of what to put on the homepage?  I've tried a few things and haven't liked any of them.
Since it is the 50th anniversary, how about the 1938 Packard photo of the 77 Championship team. You could switch it out for something else next season.
Title: Re: Marquette Overload Redesign
Post by: TallTitan34 on October 10, 2026, 01:49:03 PM
Quote from: TallTitan34 on August 19, 2026, 10:29:28 PMJust wanted to send a big thank you to @JSlow_98 who sent me about 150 additional game program covers to add to Overload.

I will get them uploaded here shortly.



I finally got all of @jsglow 's programs uploaded!

Thanks again for all of those.
EhPortal 1.39.9 © 2026, WebDev