MUScoop > Hangin' at the Al
2024 NCAA Tournament Thread
(1/358) > >>
MU82:
I'll get this started with the stat of the day (courtesy of Yahoo Sports):

There are two D1 basketball players (whose teams both happen to be in the NCAAT) with at least 175 rebounds, 175 assists and 50 steals this season. Their names? Braden Smith (Purdue) and Braeden Smith (Colgate).
HowardsWorld:
Heres a few upsets that I believe will happen. Which means mortgage everything you have and do the exact opposite of what I am writing.

Vermont over Duke

I've been the biggest Duke hater this year. I believe the ACC is the most overrated conference in all of basketball. This is the 3rd straight year Vermont has made the tournament and with a senior led team I believe they pull the upset.

New Mexico over Clemson

Similar to the above post about the ACC. I believe New Mexico is the strongest team out of the Mountain West and was severely under seeded as was the whole conference.

McNeese over Gonzaga

I have no evidence on why I feel this upset will happen other than I feel Gonzaga was a bubble team and the tournament committee rewarded them with a perfect 12v5 upset.

Oregon over South Carolina

I think Oregon athleticism will frustrate South Carolina and Oregon will win by double digits.

I also believe Samford could beat Kansas depending on who plays. If dick hunter is playing I believe Kansas was easily. If he is out I believe Samford will win the game.

I don't believe we will see any 1/2/3 seeds go down to 14/15/16 seeds this year. I think to many mid majors that weren't supposed to win their conference tournaments won and got the 14/15/16 seeds meaning there overall records are substantially weaker than in years past. If I had to pick one top 3 seed that I think has the greatest chance to be upset I would pick Baylor losing to Colgate.
DoctorV:
Thanks for firing this thread up bright and early MU82.

I predict the Marquette Golden Eagles will win the NCAA Title.

Look out for that team, One Shining Moment.
tower912:
The tournament is doomed.  You don't cross the Big East.
JamilJaeJamailJrJuan:

--- Quote from: tower912 on March 19, 2024, 08:15:45 AM ---The tournament is doomed.  You don't cross the Big East.

--- End quote ---

A 3 team Big East final four would be Oso sweet. 
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version